It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D Hubble space pictures: stereo images of moons, galaxies & nebulae-very cool

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
NOTE: The moon(s) image shown in the OP is only a sample. For bigger photos/view-must go to the article/page. It is worth it! There are 11 of these 3D photos.

Remember the 1990s craze of Magic Eye posters? Just like those, the spectacular space pictures in this gallery can be brought to life in 3D when viewers use a trick of the eye - with no need for special glasses. Stare into the screen and allow your eyes to defocus. You will get double vision as each eye sees the L & R images separately. Move your head towards and away from the screen until the two middle images overlap. The single overlapping image should be in 3D

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Related article: Images mark 20 years of Hubble telescope

Source:www.telegraph.co.uk...

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Here is a large version of the two moons below...

I still don't get it

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I never used to have any trouble with the crazy 3D magic eye pictures, but I'm struggling with these. The two moons are too far apart.

Good find. I'll keep practicing

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
my eyeballs hurt a little.
but pretty cool. thanks for posting!!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Very nice pictures but do you need some of those special 3 d glasses to see it.

Cause I can't see it. The pictures look exactly the same to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Remember the 1990s craze of Magic Eye posters? Just like those, the spectacular space pictures in this gallery can be brought to life in 3D when viewers use a trick of the eye - with no need for special glasses. Stare into the screen and allow your eyes to defocus. You will get double vision as each eye sees the L & R images separately. Move your head towards and away from the screen until the two middle images overlap. The single overlapping image should be in 3D.
The above was in that article. guess what,i tried,lol it does look cool. my eyes a bit sore

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SubjectHero

Thanks I think it works but I'm not trying again.

Instant headache

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This is cool, it just looks like it's floating right out there infront of you. The trick is to not refocus your eyes and to just allow them to become all blurry, do it with your head a little way from the screen, and then move forward slowly, keeping your eyes fuzzy, until it goes BING. Maybe it helps that I have a slight hangover, and my eyes are allready a little blurry

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Yes, it takes a little practice-should have mentioned that. Also, the bigger the better on the screen.

I did all 11 but it took some time. Amzing shot/pics all the same.

join