It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters defiant after deadly clashes in Bangkok

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Protesters defiant after deadly clashes in Bangkok

www.timesonline.co.uk

Anti-government protesters in Bangkok said they would not negotiate an end to violence in the Thai capital after savage clashes between activists and soldiers killed at least 18 people and injured more than 800 overnight.

Earlier today thousands of Red Shirt protesters swarmed back into an area that had briefly been taken by government forces last night. Bullet casings, rocks and pools of blood littered the streets as protesters showed off a pile of weapons captured from the troops, including rifles and heavy calibre machine-gun rounds.

“There is no more negotiation. Red Shirts will
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ajc.com
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.businessweek.com
edition.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

If the Red Shirts are hell-bent on destabilizing the Kingdom of Thailand, then the police and military have the right and the duty to suppress these riotous demonstrators.

If the globalist elite want to crush free speech, then this is a testing ground for the suppression of demonstrations in the United States.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
If the Red Shirts are hell-bent on destabilizing the Kingdom of Thailand, then the police and military have the right and the duty to suppress these riotous demonstrators.

This forum really scares me sometimes.

Where is your limit?
When you've tried everything legal and reasonable to elect a stable, democratic, just and fair government and a power-mad bunch of self-serving corrupt people are leading your nation. What then?

It's not as simple as people think. This is far more about pure anti-elitist sentiment than anything else, in that people are fed up all over the world of seeing a select group living in luxury at the expense of the people, running a country for their own ends rather than the benefit of the people they are elected to serve.

The people have the right to choose their leaders and their destiny. And when governments refuse to listen to the people and do the job that they were elected to do, this is what happens.

And no government on the Earth is actually paying any attention. Otherwise, they'd all be cutting their own pay, refusing to bail out the bankers, destroying the central banks and severing their corrupt corporate connections.
Instead, they're sitting back and laughing, before breaking out the weapons and shooting at their own people!

It's disgusting. Every government watching this should be ashamed, and be fearful. This is only going to get worse until governments actually take some action to rectify their standing with their own people.

Coming to a major city near you: civil unrest on a massive scale.

We all knew it was coming, it's only going to get worse as taxes rise and standards of living decline. America, England, Europe... we're all in line for it. The only question is how long it's going to take until we get as angry as so many other societies.

Personally I'd predicted this to take place a year ago. So I give us another two years at most before our governments are shooting at our people from their ivory towers.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The Red Shirts are basically Thaksin funded,this is about this billionaire crook getting his money back.I agree with the Thai government you cant have elections and a new government every time a minority protests they were too soft for too long which emboldened the protestors.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My sincere and heartfelt condolences to the courageous red shirt protestors shot dead, as well as the soldiers who died. They were only pawns in the long drawn battle between the poor and the Bangkok elites, the Thai chapter of NWO.

All that the poor asked for is only for a fresh election.

They had stormed the TV station, held back the heavily armed soldiers and could have crippled the communication systems, but didn't. They respectfully only demanded that their news station be allowed to operate, which was shut down earlier by the illegal govt.

They had overpowered the armed and battle hardened soldiers, took their weapons and ammunitions, yet they did not use them to kill anyone, but to only surrender them to a collection centre and invited the international newsgroups to view and itemise the equipment.

They wanted no violence. Not even to take over the seat of govt or Thaksin to return. Only for a democratic free and fair election.

If the current puppet is so confident that he has the mandate of the people, he should have no fear of winning it hands down. Yet he stalled. And even oppressed the majority common masses with threats and violence.

This is how heartless and cruel the current PM and the Bangkok elites are. They rather more of the human masses die so that the rich can continue to rip off the poor masses. Precious human lives sacrificed on the alter of Mamon. How many more of our fellow humans in Thailand must die?........

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have a feeling that more and more of this is going to be common throughout the world.

Lets hope instead of the cities being destroyed by ourselves, we can change them into something better.

Collateral damage will bring damage to buildings. Lets hope for the best and pray for the wounded, even if you aren't religious such as my self.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There is nothing to do with "poor people" there.

Thaksin pays to every demonstrators salary from what they are doing. Democracy is the problem, not government or billionaire against them. If you ask anything concerning politics in the country, they say "its up to kings will."

I just talk with my wife who is Thai and asked how is our hometown, which few times has been said in MSM to be "Redshirts" area - nothing. No movements, no demonstrations - nothing. All of there are just hoping that democracy would stop and Monarchy stays as only rulership of country - like past 900 yrs.

Thaksin rigged last elections, so why arrange anothers now? He was condemn about it and "Yellow" side take their lead what was voted by people, but stolen with crimes. So why in the earth PM should dissolve his government?

I hope redshirts would get beated by government soon and peace will come. Thaksin him self owns that media, which was shut by order of PM, and when I asked my wife, she said that all news from Bangkok are just lies these days - no one is trusting any sources now.

I am sorry about all the victims of these events and just hoping that Thaksins money are soon wasted - that will bring peace to BKK same moment when people wont get their salary from what they are doing - fighting for his personal interests.

Long Live The King!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
the fact that there is such massive unrest in thailand means that the Thai are sick of the government. The government is wrong for ignoring the people, and so needs to be dissolved.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

No - just the opposite.

You have to understand that demonstrations in Thailand has nothing to do with regular citizens. Those who have been paid act as demonstrators are working there. 30 000 people in 10 million people Bangkok, all of them paid to come there from north... You just cant compare Thai political movements to west.

Any poll will show you that over 90% of population is satisfied with new government - but one is not - Mr Thaksin and his corporation PR peoples.

Average Thai is only concerned about the will of king and his security. That means like everything to them and political movement is just sand in the shoes, which should stop immediatly.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Those who have been paid act as demonstrators are working there. 30 000 people in 10 million people Bangkok, all of them paid to come there from north... You just cant compare Thai political movements to west.

Doesn't that mean then that the Red-Shirts movement is just a poorly equipped ARMY? They've been paid to fight and occupy an area - it sounds like an army to me....

Parallex.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
somebodies gotta be making a killing selling off all those red shirts.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Yeah, they are "Peoples Army", sort of. They are all using material what is given them by organization as well as salary. I am no expert with red side, but I live almost 10 days with yellow side about year ago, and they (we) were very well equipped and many of them had certain duties to carry. I think reds are managed similar way as yellows, who beat them last time.

In this video what I have taken my self you see something of those huge arrangements made for "us" to win... But I can really tell you more about it:

I really know what I am talking about - and knowing all of this - I was only foreigner there day and night - so truth is only with me outside Thailand.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Uniform comes from organization - no lack of that material a year ago either. I would get tons of yellow material from demonstrations, but I kept my self as "white" and neutral.

Funny is this also - everyone has those "clappers" - so you dont need to clap your hands day and night when some agitator in stage was telling "truths" to people - Just clap your clapper!

Red side has made those look like foots and yellow side as hands - so its not only yellows against reds, but hands against foots

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Thanks for your admittance to being from the royalist ' yellow shirts' camp, which shows clearly which side you are on. So much for your laughable truth solely only you are capable of.

So how much were you paid for belonging to the opressors of humanity and the poor masses?

And this is not about communism, for the red shirts had been seeking only for a democratic free and fair election, not the corrupt illegal one where your kind's puppet was installed.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

:/ - I was using no colour.

Everything end up like it should - court decision about vote rigging was announced and prime minister was changed. I think I was only one who was not paid - except I get known people who were there from Bangkok by their own will, hundreds of the also.

Fault comes if we compare their system to any of our owns. Its just not work with same rules. I was there to learn and witness, and by the days went - I was very deeply touched by what I saw.

Yes - I am confident about the greatness of kingdom and democracy build there should not danger its future. I love the king as any other in there.

What communism? - you mean the colour of the shirt - tell me about it, because you seems to know so much about everything!

I can tell you why redshirts are reds, can you? - And please, respect the rules of ATS and stop harassing people personally.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Harassment? For merely asking you questions as you claimed to be the sole arbitar of truth here? Is that what you learnt from your oppresive dictatorial masters - silencing others' freedom, even to ask questions?

For your info, freedom is universal and same in every language. The red shirts love their king as much as anyone, and more honestly than the bunch of hypocrite greed filled bangkok elites.

I guess you love the city Bangkok very much. It is a luxury touristy town and a westerner would feel like a king there, hidden from the poverty and sufferings in the outlaying regions.

I had seen you royalist rode to the demostration sites in aircon comfort, while the red shirt poor had to walk miles from their huts to the city, talk about being paid!

Nope. I cannot remain in silence while you attempt to fool others here. You had come to the wrong site. This site is to deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Questions are always welcome.

I really dont know about your status by your few hook ups to this issue. Both sides are getting paid, at least those who need that money. I dont know what is the amount for anyone, but I witness many times when team leaders paid their crews. Thats what is happening both sides - confirmed knowledge.

Both sides uses unemployed people in political meetings. Political issues are much more professional than in Europe - where opposition falls to anarchy, when everything is bad in our eyes.

I live in north my self, far away from luxury tourist places where I have also my company and house.

You still didnt ask my first question.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh, you are member of the Corporation as well? Okay...

Nah, no further questions. Thanks for your replies. You were never my quarry, for I know enough that I can never change your mind and perceptions.

It is your replies that will help change readers perceptions. And I am sure they would have a better idea of what's the stakes on in Thailand now, which bears a resemblance to the soon to be fight against the NWO/Corporation by world's humanity, if things get outs of hands fast.

As for the redshirts being paid, I have seen no evidence, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. If you, being the arbiter of truth here, claims that the red shirts are being paid, and by the ex PM, that would even speak better of the ex PM.

Those red shirts are poor farmers and farm hands. They can walk hundreds of miles to the city to protest, but to continue their protest for the sake of themselves and their next generations, it would take days if not weeks in order to be successful. Thus they would need food and water.

They are not like the rich bangkok elites and minority middle classes who have substantial savings to rely on. These red shirts are poor, had seen poverty and sufferings under the corrupt bangkok classes and had enough of it, so much they are prepared to die in peaceful protest.

That even the ex PM, who under the law cannot return to Thailand, or even if possible, not assured of being even elected in a free and fair election, would come out with his money to share for the welfare of his fellow countrymen indeed speaks volumes of his character.

I certainly don't even see a drop of water being given to the Bangkok elites to these poor farm folks, sweat soaking in the high daily temperatures there.

And as for answering your question, nah, I only deem myself an insignificant nobody here, unlike you, the sole arbiter of truth here meaning you know it all, so i doubt if you want my answer anyway.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No corporations here, bro. Just small business which feeds my family over there.

See how you want it, I have no need to fight against your views. I just say that loan policy made by Thaksin in north was devastating by its results, I dont know how much you have dig in to those banksters ways how he collect his first billions, but he has made very many people, very poor.

But after all, that question was just basic check out your knowledge from culture over there, not offense - and yes - I will to answer it. Red colour comes from the day Thaksin was born, every day has own colours and Kings colour is Yellow because he have born in that day.

Every monday almost all people are wearing yellow from respect towards the king - thats one really amazing site when you go to huge shopping mall and everyone is wearing yellow! Every monday.

Thats why Yellow side was gathering in airports - Thaksin was opposing power of king with many new legistlations, and that was something that educated south did not accepted. Rigging in elections was soon clear after last elections, so yellow side was in barricades for 100 days before government was changed. That move was legally backed.

Army and police acts only from will of the King - we was not attacked last year in airports because of his will. Redshirts are now - after one month of baseless revolution and king has given his order too. PM would, and could done that without from will of the King.

So you can think about your self - who really is staying there for King, and who are for Thaksin and his bankster corporation democracy.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

For someone who claims to know so much about Thailand, you certainly come off as biased and uninformed. Many of your claims are outright lies.

You claim 90% of Thai people are happy with the current government. Care to show me ANY recent, official, unbiased poll where 90% of the people say they are happy with the current government in Thailand? If you really think that then you desperately need to expand your social circle.

Many of my Thai co-workers and friends are self proclaimed red-shirts, they go to the protests and they are NOT being paid by ANYONE. They are vocal about their beliefs because they believe in the cause, nothing more.

Also, thanks to SeekerofTruth101 for trying to balance out the ridiculousness that is JanusFIN.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Teebs]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join