It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy Your Time Protesting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So I have seen a lot of negative threads about policeman lately, and some of them are very warranted.

I wanted to show that its wrong to label all police in this manner, since its typically just the worst of the worst who we get to see online, and its for a good reason, they deserve to have they're crimes broadcast. (the corrupt officers)

HOWEVER not all cops are bad, many just want to serve and protect you as they're badge implies.

Here is an example of great police officer, he could quite possible be the coolest cop ever

(click to open player in new window)

In a perfect world all policeman would be this kind and respectful, but unfortunately the worlds not perfect.

In ending all I have to say is just remember their definitely are corrupt police, but their are a lot of good officers too, so lets stop labeling them all as evil.

Edited to add: this may be in the wrong forum, could have sworn i posted elsewhere, mods please feel free to move to a more appropriate board

[edit on 4/10/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
S&F for you.

Thank you for creating this thread. I couldn't agree more than police are given a bad name by a few "bad apples".. they are just people, just like you and me, so they are only a reflection of society in general.

Good post.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The Law Enforcement Officer who has taken an oath to uphold the laws of the land, is an individual who has accepted that he or she can no longer be a private individual, nor may they act on their private beliefs when wearing their badge, and they must act within the scope of their jurisdiction. They take this sacred oath, and do their level best to honor this expectation of stepping outside of themselves and accepting responsibility for others, because they have a calling. They were called to protect and serve. They understood the risks that came with such a calling, and they accepted those risks and they often do so for not nearly enough pay. Those that enforce the law, as a sworn officer of it, do not abrogate or derogate the rights of others, that Sheriff, deputy, agent, or officer, enforces the law in order to protect those rights.

The sworn Law Enforcement Officer who operates solely with in the confines of his or her jurisdiction, is a master of diplomacy, while never disguising his or her authority. The authority a Law Enforcement Officer has is clearly defined, and all people are presumed to know the law, and when an LEO is operating within the scope of jurisdiction, their authority should never be in question. Yet, people do. People confuse right with privilege and privilege with right, and while presumed to know the law, the people will stay stubbornly ignorant of it, and the sworn LEO who is operating inside the boundaries of jurisdiction, must somehow remain unflappable in spite of this.

As Congress, and state and local legislatures continue their imprudent march towards expanded government, as they write more laws, they place more and more burden upon the LEO, and yet, that sworn officer must remain unflappable. No one knows better the consequences of an ill advised war on drugs than the LEO, and due to such imprudent legislation as the war on drugs, the sworn officer operating in the bounds of jurisdiction, has now been asked to go beyond the call of duty, and still remain unflappable.

There are Law Enforcement Officers in all agencies, in every town, city, state, and federal agency, who do precisely this; operate with in the bounds of their jurisdiction as a sworn officer of the law, and their private beliefs are irrelevant other than the most obvious one they hold, that of protecting the rights of the People. They are shamefully lumped in with what can often times appear to be more than just a "few bad apples", but regardless of the percentages, those who have honored their oath, and often times, willingly gone beyond the call of duty, are iconic figures of whom we recognize instantly, because since time immemorial, every culture has told their mythologies of calls to adventure, and the hero's who answer that call. So, if there is just one word that could possibly describe the Law Enforcement Officer who honors their sacred oath, that word would have to be: Hero.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My god that was a short clip, he probably went off on a killing spree after that. /end sarcasm

Seriously though, I hate that all cops get lumped in with the bad apples. It is just like people saying that humans are all a virus that should be eradicated. Simply put the good humans far outnumber the bad ones. I would say given our primitive mind set at times and the fact that we have all these tools of destruction the majority of humans (including the police) are doing pretty good for ourselves. We aren't perfect but by god we are doing the best we can amongst the insanity of our day to day lives. Police officers see the worst in society day in and day out. I think they stay sane by seeing the good in people at times, that reaffirms my faith in we as humans anyways. I just wish the media ran more feel good stories.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
That cop is cool man. He has his head on right, he is being practical, he is being realistic. At the same time he is feeding to the protestors... kind of like he is a protestor himself... going about it in his own way. Thats my opinion at least.

top topics

join