It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's Wrong With Right Whales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Something's Wrong With Right Whales
ScienceDaily (Apr. 10, 2010) — A few years ago, right whales began washing up on the shores of Argentina's Patagonian coast. So far, researchers have counted a total of 308 dead whales since 2005.

These right whales in the waters around Peninsula Valdés are amidst the largest die-off of great whales ever recorded. Whatever is killing them remains unknown
read the rest at www.sciencedaily.com... What is happening? Is Mother Nature and Earth giving us a heads up??

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yes. What do animals in the wild do in South Florida when a hurricane is coming? They get the # out of the way.

Nature knows # we seem to have lost, or been robbed of.

Look at the major bee die off the last few years...

Something is going on for sure. We dont even have an idea to be honest, it could be us, something else, someone else.... Who knows. But what I do know i this... The 2012 # is on I bet. Maybe not the END of the world, but the end of something big. Maybe an empire like the US, or another major world power. Or the shift in weather to something more hostile... Who knows.

Just be prepared and have a full tank of gas and maps to a high alt area nearby.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The bee dies off is not the latest in the string of woe either. The Bats have been perishing at an enormous rate. Some kind of white fungus on their faces....its mostly in the easterly area of north America but it is being seen in new places, (look out Tennessee).....poor little brown bats.

I think some creatures get early tickets off the death ride of planet earth. Woe to those of us who have no choice but to stay behind and ride it out.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The winter calving season for critically endangered right whales is ending without a single newborn being spotted off the southeast U.S. coast, a reproductive drought unseen for three decades that experts say brings the rare species a perilous step closer to extinction.

"It's a pivotal moment for right whales," said Barb Zoodsma, who oversees the right whale recovery program in the U.S. Southeast for the National Marine Fisheries Service. "If we don't get serious and figure this out, it very well could be the beginning of the end."

Researchers have been looking since December for newborn right whales off the coasts of Georgia and Florida, where pregnant whales typically migrate each winter to give birth in warmer Atlantic waters.

Trained spotters in airplanes who spend the season scouting the coastal waters for mother-and-calf pairs found nothing this season. They wrap up work when the month ends Friday.

phys.org, March 26, 2018 - 'Beginning of the end?' No new babies for endangered whales.

First, Sudan, the last male white rhino dies. Last year (2017) was the fewest birth of right whales. This year there are none. Yet another species, we as a species, failed to help.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ddarkangle2bad

Watch Sonic Sea. Brutal, sad and truthful documentary about the damage human noise in the seas is doing to marine life.

Scientists know exactly why they are dying. It is just not being publicly made known. For various and obvious reasons.

The seas today are the noisiest they've ever been. At any one moment 60,000 ships are on the seas, majority of which are large cargo ships. Whales can hear up to 1500 miles away.

And thats just one tiny thing. Never mind the military practices. Never mind the underwater explosives, drilling, science exploration etc etc.

The seas are so noisy these beautiful creatures are suffering death from brain haemorrhage's. They beach because they want out! They want to get away from the noise!

And the sound part again is just one small part of the whole problem.

Think how many things end up in the sea. Clothes dyes, chemicals, agricultural chemicals, fossil fuels, plastic, all the drugs we ingest end up there too, and so on...

How would we like it if our home was like that? Oh wait...

The seas are in a dire state, it makes me sick that these people in power think it is totally ok to do this to their own planet and all the other beings within it... Really really grinds my gears...

This has to stop. It has to change and it will change!

S&F and bump for the whales..

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
We need to be ecoconscience as a planet. I think humans are the stupidest dirtiest people. Every time I get on Yahoo, MSN, AOl, or CNN to read the news I am shocked and disappointed. There is no real news reporting, it's all tabloid fodder. Who cares about stormy Daniels? or the Presidential politics? Lets start focusing on the environment and ways to fix it. Picking up and reducing trash is so important. Recycle, reuse, reduce, and donate. A restriction on the number of boats in the ocean from each country..... Make boat gas very expensive.
edit on 27-3-2018 by frugal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join