It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama leaves WH without press, breaking protoco

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by whatukno

I always say to my friends that if I was a Celebrity I would probably be in the press all the time for pushing reporters or papparazzi out of my way or maybe even punching them out.

I agree about it being annoying, these people are still human and should be allowed some private moments. Look at Tiger! The press needs to let it go. He f'd up.

Family man or not ... Wanting to get away from it all to a soccer game and have no one notice?

For four years he gets no privacy. (I hedge at calling him President) Obama disappears at 9 AM EST, just hours after a plane crash killing the President of one of our closest allies in Europe.

1) Deliberately lying to the Press about his schedule.
2) After ditching the Press, The White House didn't have to tell them anything.
3) Jetliners don't just slam into the ground in heavy fog.
4) The crash happened on Putin's property. Former KGB. Say no more.
5) Russians will be investigating the crash. Bingo.
6) In the grand scheme of allowing Iceland & Greece to fail. Now Thailand is rioting.
7) Obama treats Netinyahoo like crap while he was visiting here recently.

There are too many variables in play to have Obama just vanish for a so called soccer game.

Hello? Appeal to the parents ... even the hard core ATSer's (skeptics) will believe a soccer game(?) How sweet.

The guy has already proved he's a bald face liar to the core.

Most of us are parents. How many of you power mongers are prepared to abandon your family for four years of political nightmare. NONE. Obama is good dad. Uh huh.

Our latest local election last Tuesday saw many candidates had NO opponents. Not many power mongers have the time or willpower to work in elected public service. The higher you go the less important family becomes until they are merely the bling of office.

Anyhow, I'm not going to believe anything they say officially happened to that plane unless they just come and tell us...

The Russian controller assisted the pilots in adjusting their altimeter before attempting to land in heavy fog. Airliners don't just slam into the ground in heavy fog; burst into flames AND kill everyone on board.

That plane fuggin SLAMMED into the ground HARD.

Presidents' pilots will be the highest skilled pilots (I'm trying hard to NOT make any Polish Jokes here.)

With a Russian investigation made by Russian Intel on a Russian built plane, with Russian Black Boxes.

I may not trust our own Gov't but I trust eastern bloc countries even less.

IMO this was a warning shot to Presidents and Prime Ministers everywhere. Warning them of what though is something that I believe will pan out soon.

[edit on 4·11·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I'm sure he didn't just pickpocket one of his security detail and take off in the SUV on his own. I'm sure his full detail was with him.

If I was a gambling man I would bet that this is what led to all this happening.

Daughter: Daddy, are you going to come to my game like you promised?

Obama: I'm sorry honey, but some important people died in a plane crash and I have important work to do.

Daughter: BUT DADDY,(BIG CROCODILE TEARS) you always have work to do, you don't come to anything(MORE CROCODILE TEARS) followed by big sobs and runs off to room.

Obama wakes up feels like a big scumbag for making his daughter cry and just says F it I'm going and makes a last minute decision. Really what can he do about the plane crash. He issued a statement and when more is available he'll talk about it. He doesn't need to be on TV all the time or have reporters with him while Michelle's giving him a back rub.

He swore to protect the Constitution of the USA. That includes the right to privacy. Is he not allowed a little privacy. I'm sure the way it happened is un-orthodox and that is why I'm sure my little script above is the trump card in the situation. He's been working hard his first year not on vacation 40% of the time like Bush was.

Cut him some slack

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

that is a lot of twisted logic. Now your blaming an airplane crash halfway around the world on Obama? You even managed to bring up the old tired worn out Red Scare nonsense into it all.

You must live in a frightening world indeed.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but am I the only one who has failed to see why this is important? I mean really he went to a freakin soccer game for his daughter not for the press or us, and aside from the empty suit d-bag I think he is, this just isn't news for a site like this. Or for the nation for that matter. and how this thread got to 4 pages blows me away.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
I'm sorry, but am I the only one who has failed to see why this is important? I mean really he went to a freakin soccer game for his daughter not for the press or us, and aside from the empty suit d-bag I think he is, this just isn't news for a site like this. Or for the nation for that matter. and how this thread got to 4 pages blows me away.

Um, No. If you would have READ the posts, prior to posting, you would clearly see that you are in the majority. Nice try, though, to be the "one in a million". I'll tell you who is the "one", aka "Gem in the ruff": The OP!

All of you criticize the OP, yet I bet you are the same who cry, "Sheeple" at first chance. However, who's the real 'Sheeple' here?

I say, good for you Mr./Mrs. OP!, for thinking outside of the box.

I'm beginning to wonder if the OB cronies have landed on ATS. In fact, hey! any of you have a press card? Is this what you all do, when not invited along with your idol? Oh, it must be hard. Well, glad to see that you all got the day off. Now, back to reporting!

Edit to add: BTW, this isn't the only time he's ditched the press.

This man's more secretive that Mr. 007, but sloppier! I seriously believe that OB's head is so big, that he honestly believes that he's smarter than....oh, everyone!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by SourGrapes]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by allgoodnamesaretaken

It's a bit of a stretch to go from
He's sneaking out to go to his daughters game
To
He's a triple agent hell bent on the destruction of the united states.

No, I'm not making a stretch from the soccer game to his being a "triple agent." Everything about his past and present demonstrates that he is hell bent on the destruction of the United States.

Going by that logic Bush should have been executed for his crimes.

I don't really care much for Obama and his broken promises. He seems the same as almost every other politician; say anything you have to to gain power, then do a u-turn on everything.

But, Bush did FAR MORE to not only destroy the freedom of Americans, but also to destroy the standing of America on the international stage.

Blame where blame is due. So Obama has upheld the status-quo, whey are you not questioning what Bush did implementing much of what Obama is leaving in?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by detachedindividual]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ok so this is the first time he leaves without the press. So if it's the real reason why he wouldn't had done it before ? Like its the first time he does anything personnal.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Really is this ground breaking news? its ratehr arrogent and stupid. Just becuase he went to see his daughters soccer game and the press wasnt aware of what he was doing..really is this a matter of national security?
NOT!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beebs

beebs nailed it:

Smoke break?

He was out of butts and wanted one out of camera sight...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Most likely, Obama went to a meeting to get his next instructions for the collapse of the world economy and the coming collapse of the US economy.

Obama sneaking off for a soccer match, just does not go with Obama, because hes not that kind of father. Obama going off to a meeting with Soros without the media makes more sense.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I skipped ahead and I don't know if anyone posted something like this yet but here goes. Maybe he skipped out to deal with the Poland situation. Maybe behind closed doors the Poland missile defense was going ahead.

www.washingtonpost.com...

old article I know but bare with me. Back in 08 things were going ahead with the missile defense system and Russia was mad. Fast forward ahead, Obama cancels the plans

edition.cnn.com...

Maybe behind the scenes things were going forward and Russia took the slight of hand to take out one of the presidents involved with the project.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by allgoodnamesaretaken

What do you want him to do? Flail himself around and screech like you see Eastern women do at a funeral. All the other Americans went about their day...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is not about a soccer game, nor is it about Poland in my opinion.

It is about Obama, once again, breaking protocol. And the problem with breaking protocol is that it puts people in the uneasy situation of not knowing when will be the next time or to what extent. Presidents handle things differently and have differing agendas based on their political party, however, when it comes to following the "traditions" of being President of the United States, usually that's at least one thing you can count on. Unpredictable behavior in even the smallest of circumstances leaves people unable to count on even the smallest of assurances -- like leaving the White House without press in tow.

The President has an amazing ability to demand privacy, especially from the media. They cater to his demands, to prevent being "the last to know" on future announcements and press releases. A good example of this is the other day when Michelle Obama arrived from a trip and Obama shouted "Hey FLOTUS". He then requested that the media leave them alone since "he hadn't seen her in awhile". The media immediately dispersed and ran with only the story on the "cute" nickname and that they wanted alone time. So to say that he had to do this in order to be able to privately attend his daughter's soccer game is not accurate. The two times that he attended church services with his family he somehow managed to not block the press AND attend the service. Wow....imagine that.

As far as Poland, I think his daughter is a little young to appreciate or respect the death of a foreign leader. He is her father, so I don't really think it was inappropriate or disrespectful. He did the typical required condolences, as did other leaders, so what else is there really for him to do? Had he flown to Poland -- can you imagine the headlines on that one? "US makes a grab for Poland....."

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
im not going to name names.. but i love it how the same trolls always reply to each other and star each other. its always the same handful of people arguing in defense of the official story (whatever it may be).. just because you folks are paid to agree with each other doesn't mean everybody on ats is naive enough to sheepishly follow in agreement. sad attempt at molding public opinion, that crap might work in aol chatrooms but not here.

as for the soccer game, its a lame excuse trying to connect with middle America. im sure all the soccer moms will understand. wonder if any of the usual trilateral/CFR folks all had soccer games to attend too?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I do believe he should just do what Reagan did. Simply have the press stand near the helicopter pad and pretend not to hear them as he boards the helicopter. Surely, the right can be upset if Obama emulates their most revered leader.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Kaploink]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I find Obama, his policies, and agenda deplorable. Quite frankly the less I see him the better. Having said that, this is not news regarding Obama, but rather his handlers.

When one of America's staunchest allies experiences what Poland just did, you just don't take a lazy day (if you read the article further, it also claims he spent the rest of the day playing golf). The "leader of the free world" or most "powerful man in the world" is looked to in instances such as this, by not only the rest of the world, but his boss as well...The American People, constituents, opponents and fans alike, look to their leader and many will see arrogance and apathy towards something which may be a turning point in world history.

The POTUS must play by a separate set of rules and procedures than your typical American. In diplomacy, different cultures view minute differences as completely separate things. What we see as...hey he's stressed and promised his kid something...Poland, Lithuania, Georgia, Ukraine, etc. may see as apathy in the face of adversity. And I don't necessarily mean the leaders of those countries who may have back-channel communique with Obama during the ordeal, but rather the people those leaders represent.

That's not to say the man isn't entitled to some R and R...but be more discrete and know when is when. Heck...even if this administration's official position on what happened in Poland is that they could care less, as a head of state in his position, showing that hand of cards is just bad. Make it a day at home watching DVDs, or playing Xbox with Malia and Sasha, but don't go about business as usual with your recreation and fun in such a visible manner...and if Obama isn't wise enough to come to that conclusion himself, then I blame his handlers for not knowing better.

With regards to the disappearing act he pulled...perhaps he really went to the Russian embassy to ask them WTF regarding Poland? Whatever the case, come up with a better cover story, one that looks better to the rest of the world, and one that can't be verified by several dozen other parents, coaches, refs, hot dog vendors, etc.

Kinda reminds me of the movie 13 Days...Kevin Costner's character goes to see his kid play a few short minutes of football at the park when his character realizes poop was about to hit the fan with Cuba and they could all be blown up the next day. The problem is, Kevin Costner's character wasn't the president...the one people care what his actions signify.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I would think that any correspondence or clandestine activity wouldn't be done in that way. An AP article? That does it for me, now that I understand the acronym to be Always Propaganda.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

that is a lot of twisted logic. Now your blaming an airplane crash halfway around the world on Obama? You even managed to bring up the old tired worn out Red Scare nonsense into it all.

You must live in a frightening world indeed.

Haven't you learned yet that nothing, and I mean nothing, can happen anywhere in the world without it being America's fault...specifically Obama's fault.

He sits in the oval office with controls to death lazer satellites, remote controls to the haarp machine, and the magic crystal ball guiding the zombie hoards of course.

And to agree otherwise makes you a sheep. You new to ATS?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just in...

President Obama failed to alert the press when leaving the oval office unexpectedly to meet with his wife at a secret location for an alleged sexual encounter. This is highly irregular, and the press is demanding an immediate explanation, and apology.

"We don't know for sure that the president was actually meeting his wife secretly, he could have met with anyone. this is a dangerous breach of protocol." -- said an editor from Faux News.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
incidently...not to kill the thread, but there has been statements released by the WH regarding the polish crash here

Just a quick blurb:

Today, I called Polish Prime Minister Tusk to express Michelle's and my deepest condolences to the people of Poland on the tragic deaths this morning of President Lech Kaczynski, First Lady Maria Kaczynski, and all who were traveling with them to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Kaczynski family, the loved ones of those killed in this tragic plane crash, and the Polish nation.

but dont let the facts get in the way of a good trash talk...carry on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join