It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Religion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lowki

calling people sheeple because they believe something is what i'm talking about. the only possible way to not be a sheeple is to be a nihilist (and even that is a sort flip side sheepishness by your definition). and i'm sorry, that's just too depressing of a lifestyle and thought process for my tastes.

what i'm trying to point out is, as long as you aren't personally the one pulling the strings (and consciously aware of it) of the rest of the people, then you are by definition a sheeple yourself, as you are only told what the real string pullers want you to know. if some guy tells you he saw something or read something or got special secret knowledge about something and you believe him, you immediately become his sheep by your definition.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I hope the following Seth quotes might offer a fresh perspective for the religious fundamentalist.

"When people are convinced that the self is untrustworthy, for whatever reasons, or that the universe is not safe, then instead of luxuriating in the use of their abilities, exploring the physical and mental environments, they begin to pull in their realities to contract their abilities, to over control their environments. They become frightened people and frightened people do not want freedom, mental or physical. They want shelter, a definite set of rules. They want to be told what is good and bad. They lean toward compulsive behavior patterns. They seek out leaders - political, scientific or religious - who will order their lives for them." – Seth

“Buddhist’s myth comes closest to approximating reality." – Seth

www.nirvikalpa.com...

[edit on 11-4-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

the old testament hebrews didn't have a living king. they saw the other nations around them with kings and all that pomp and circumstance and decided they wanted a king too. it says in the text, jehovah asked them WHY?? but they got what they wanted.

i think the moral of the story is, if you aren't looking inward, and praying and asking the god of the universe (by whatever definition) what you should do or believe, a human king is more than happy to step right up and make up your mind for ya.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I hate to just pick out this point but,

Guys, we all know them, women who want, to want to have a baby because they are just so darn cute.

It is just natural, it is about survival, and if you believe in a creator, the creative force instilled this into our very make up, and survival instincts.

If you don't believe in a creator, this is how we evolved, heck evolution has nothing to do with it, even animals are governed by the law of survival.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

While we might not agree on just what is transpiring, we all believe something is transpiring.

I find ATS members more than any else find this to be a true statement.
Mark my words, the next "BIG" event in history will involve organized religion, and political elements, particularly the UN.
With independent organized religion getting wiped out worldwide.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

"When people are convinced that the self is untrustworthy, for whatever reasons, or that the universe is not safe, then instead of luxuriating in the use of their abilities, exploring the physical and mental environments, they begin to pull in their realities to contract their abilities, to over control their environments. They become frightened people and frightened people do not want freedom, mental or physical. They want shelter, a definite set of rules. They want to be told what is good and bad. They lean toward compulsive behavior patterns. They seek out leaders - political, scientific or religious - who will order their lives for them." – Seth

Very thought provoking,

Once again survival, lions and tigers and bears, OH MY, and agreed look around you, do you feel safe and comfortable?

We do look for reason to control our environment, and practice rituals to control our environment, why, because , we die, we get sick, natural disasters, it relieves the stress and makes us feel less helpless.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Xtraeme

Finding those safety mechanisms might be critical.

It's not even so much a safety mechanism as it is just how do we determine what's correct? Based on our gut feeling? Due to what some highly respectable individual tells us is true? Through reason?

None of these criteria are infallible. The only reason science continues to work is because it allows anyone to falsify a concept. How do we falsify a belief?

In days of old this was done by killing everyone and proclaiming, "My God is clearly superior!" This isn't exactly ideal.

In the here and now the way it seems to work is based on popularism. If a large enough group of people find an idea interesting that's enough to let it live on indefinitely. While there's nothing wrong with this, it suggests that the weeding process is arbitrary and capricious.

Ultimately in my humble opinion that is where religion should mirror the functions of science, in formulating those perspectives and philosophies that allow us to best understand and interact with the Universe and Nature in increasingly effective ways that yield a greater and greater collective benefit for all.

I agree. The question is how do we quantitate the qualitative? I can envision a mechanism to study transient observations, but I can conceive of no way to assay the truth of non-local / transcendent phenomena without invoking serious repercussions for mankind.

It's a definite challenge.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just read this:

abundanthope.net...

and really like it

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

With independent organized religion getting wiped out worldwide.

Yes, that is what all the major religions believe, even Buddhism and Hinduism, Native American, man has always known.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

If this isn't the beginning of the end for Earth, and life continues, then Religion cannot be. The entire world's population will have to understand there true Origin and true Purpose. This will come from an honest teaching of knowledge and spirituality. It will also take the most powerful nation's in the world, to not just unify, but relinquish there grips upon Society. Then our commonalities will guided us to create the laws and ways of life needed. Once this is reached we can begin to repair earth and/or find a new planet that is not cracked to live on. All of us not just the NWO.

Great post and thanks for adding it and joining in.

I tend to suspect that if people put there religious differences aside, long enough to have a rational, intellect, and soul based honest conversation on one an other’s spiritual beliefs and perspectives, that what they would see is religion, organized religion, not only darn near makes it impossible to get along, but really makes it almost impossible for people to commune with their own notions of the Universe and One.

While many of us are religious, most of us who are were indoctrinated into it, at a point and stage in life, when we weren’t given much choice, and lacked perspective, to truly judge in the context of a greater world and universe.

To give some other examples that illustrate what I am really trying to impart and convey, if you take a child to a baseball game, and take them often, chances are they are really going to learn to love baseball, and it will be a life long love.

Yet if you never took them to a baseball game, never encouraged them to believe their was something magical and American about them, and never plied them with Dodger Dogs with mustard, catsup and relish, and nachos loaded with jalapenos and cheese, soft pretzels and Ice Cream Sandwiches to drive home that point, and never made them watch one on TV, and then showed them their first Baseball Game at the age of 26, chances are they would see little or no attraction to what many argue is a boring game.

So much of what entertains us and inspires us is instilled at an age, where frankly little stuffed toys that go around on a Merry Go Round Mobile seem pretty darn impressive!

We adopt beliefs that frame our identities more often than not because they are instilled in us at a time, and point and way that we really can’t say no, have any inclination to say no, because well…it’s the only game on at the time.

Once institutionalized into such a system, then it’s pretty easy for the system to be exploited.

Before long you have Dodger fans and San Francisco Giant Fans slugging it out in the stands, because there team has become that important to them and their identity and reality.

That’s scary, and whether its left/right politics, team sports, or multi-sect religions, some would say we would be far better served by developing a way to take the; us versus them mindset and passions out of it.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The ideal religion that I foresee as the most beneficial to the future would be no religion at all. One religion for the entire planet? No thanks. While it would possibly end a lot of religious conflicts when finally established, it would be a hard and bloody road to get there, not to mention the fact that it would destroy any and all freedom we thought we had. What we have here in the States is best. Everyone is free to practice any religion they choose. Mine happens to be no religion at all. While I do pursue spiritual knowledge and wisdom in my life, I do not do it through religious means. I don't attend any church, mosque, or synagogue to receive my "spiritual" lessons. I tried that for many years and it failed miserably, because I could see through the empty promises and false hopes. I am not a hopeless person; I cling to the hope of a new day, but I refuse to be blindly led by any man solely interested in what he will find in the next offering pan. My spiritual journey is inward, not outward. I do believe in divinely powerful beings, but it is my belief that in order for any creature to become that powerful, they would have to be immensely mature and wise beyond our understanding, therefore I do not fear foolish things like "hell". Any being capable of creating entire planets and species would not even be capable of being so childish as to require us to worship it. That is solely a human invention by power-hungry men.

So, I envision the perfect religion as a massive distribution of knowledge that would enlighten everyone to the fact that religion doesn't really matter. A global encouragement of self-understanding that organized religion should be ended for many reasons. Then let the people decide. If anyone still wants to be stupid enough to follow religion, so be it. But active conversion should be a crime.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Oppress no one, harm no one (except in self defense). Do not violate others rights. That should be the new religion. All other philosophies/religions are then free to do as they please as long as they do not violate those most basic principles.

There will never be a one world religion even if forced people will have thier own beliefs. If they could follow the principles above then they could all get along.

link   

Take away the subsidies to breed, and that alone will eliminate some people who currently breed just for subsidies.

Great thoughts, Proto, so,

along with this subsidy to breed they offer and encourage abortion and birth control, now I am confused,

It has so many layers and is so complicated.

link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

So, I envision the perfect religion as a massive distribution of knowledge that would enlighten everyone to the fact that religion doesn't really matter. A global encouragement of self-understanding that organized religion should be ended for many reasons. Then let the people decide. If anyone still wants to be stupid enough to follow religion, so be it. But active conversion should be a crime.

I love this idea and in many ways this is what ATS is about, people trying to get knowledge that is usually horded, and leveraged for control, out there where everyone can learn and benefit from it.

As a collective ATS members don't always or often agree entirely or even in part on every issue, but what is usually present is a lot more background, perspective, depth and discussion than you see in less progressive forums and settings.

A system of true information sharing, and complete information sharing, would be truly divine in my humble opinion.

Thanks for posting and sharing.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Take away the subsidies to breed, and that alone will eliminate some people who currently breed just for subsidies.

Great thoughts, Proto, so,

along with this subsidy to breed they offer and encourage abortion and birth control, now I am confused,

It has so many layers and is so complicated.

In the current system profit is always the motive, understand that and a lot of the confusion goes away.

Doctors profit off of abortion. Kaching!

Corporations profit of contraceptives. Kaching!

Militaries and Governments profit off of taxation and war. Kaching!

The current system at it's fundamental and basic level as it is run by the elites, is litterally raising human beings as a cash crop!

That is the great lie we are allowing them to perpetuate, that they are not doing that, and part of what aides them in selling that lie, are some of the current religious notions and doctrines, that places all this on a divinity, instead of human despots.

Less confused?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by macssam
I just read this:

abundanthope.net...

and really like it

It is still religion with all it's control and dominance. It's just been repackaged.

If the snake got a facelift would you still recognize him?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mankind needs to rediscover his/her spirituality not religion.

Religion is dogma.

We are more than that and all the major "religions" have held mankind back from realizing our true potential.

"Religions" were necessary in the beginning to "control the intellegent beasts" however we have gone beyond that and are starting to emerge into becoming more spiritual.

So many wars, so much bloodshed over "My god is bigger than your god and my way is the right way" a pure power trip nothing more.

We are all drops of water and "God' is the ocean.

Religions - every single one of them were constructed to manipulate and control mankind.

It is time to let go of primitive mindsets and release your spirit's true potential.

We all ache and that ache is because at one time we were all one single consciousness that decided to have a physical experience. Along the way most of us forgot and bought into the physical experience also along the way other entities saw that weakness and acted upon it to control us and keep us - our souls pinned to this current density we find ourselves in.

It is time Humanity to get off your knees - it is time to awaken and realize this three dimensional world is nothing more than a shell and when enough of us realize this, we may all be able to return to the source from whence we came.

United we stand and divided we fall we are all that interconnected.

From Laura Knight jadczyk's book, "High Strangeness"

Based on observation and research, it is apparent that humanity has now reached a great historical crossroads. We have come to the end of a two thousand year history of intolerance, cruelty and stupidity, which has created our present state of global, collective madness. Humanity, a collective whole, is arriving at a state of collective spiritual bankruptcy, or "death". And yet, we cannot aassume that this is meaningless. Those who understand the principles of electricity will comprehend when I say that this present global estate is the way nature works and is the establishing of sufficient contact potential differeence for the inflow of energy of Cosmic Light. But just as it is in the case of the individual, when that point is reached-the dark night of the soul-there is a "choice" that becomes apparent: the soul is offered the way "up" or the way "down". In order for this coming inflow of energy to act in positive ways, to create a new reality of Free Will and Balance, there must be a point of contact sufficient to sustain this energy or all of humanity will perish. This means the development of human beings of a certain sort-with a certain "wiring" so to say-will result in the global capacity to confront the energies of the Crossroads.

The planet (Earth) serves as a transmitter station. As such a transmitter, during times of Transition, as it is in the case of quantum wave collapse, what is being "transmitted/observed" determines the "measurement". There are apporoximately six billion human beings on the planet at this moment of transition, most of them contributing to the quantitiative transmission. But what is missing is the qualitative frequency resonance vibration that will create the template for the new World. (too many are still holding on to the ancient "religious" superstitions).

The quality of humanity has changed little in the past many millennia. most human beings are still ruled by fear, hunger and sex in states of misery and chaos. in short, although the global intensity of transmission has grown exponentially, the spectrum of energies transmitted is incomplete. It lacks massive amounts of the finest energies of the psyche. Only human being on the verge of true spiritual ascension are capable of ensuring the transmission of these energies in sufficient quality and quantity.

The energies needed are the three currents of objective love: spiritual, emotional/mental, and physical love. And we emphasize that these currents must be pure................"

We are all that interconnected. Together we ascend or descend as a group.

"Give Me That Old Time Religion" just ain't gonna work no more folks, sorry.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

i think we're going to find out alot of things very soon, however, many of us will be surprised, since we've made decisions regarding other people and their free will, based on our own laziness. to stand in judgement of something, you really do need to know what it really means, and conversely, to believe it, you should find out, what it really means. to follow something you don't know anything about and don't plan on learning further about, because it is politically or socially expedient, is just sheer laziness. to condemn something you don't know anything about and don't plan on learning further about, because it is politically and socially expedient is just sheer laziness. in effect, i think EVERYONE (believer and unbeliever) will be surprised.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I love this idea and in many ways this is what ATS is about, people trying to get knowledge that is usually horded, and leveraged for control, out there where everyone can learn and benefit from it.

As a collective ATS members don't always or often agree entirely or even in part on every issue, but what is usually present is a lot more background, perspective, depth and discussion than you see in less progressive forums and settings.

A system of true information sharing, and complete information sharing, would be truly divine in my humble opinion.

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Agreed. The reason I visit ATS is due to the massive amount of knowledge and wisdom here, and the mature (mostly) member pool. I have no use for childish morons in my life
. I enjoy the diverse discussion we all have here every day. ATS has in fact shaped my life in the short time I have been a member.

Unfortunately for the planet, there are too many humans to ever have peace, prosperity, and enlightenment abound. The only thing that would bring about a utopia is a divine intervention or a massive evolution of our species.

I think that is what you are getting at with your questions of a new religion. Something that would bring about a utopia on earth, or at least make earth a better place. It's not gonna happen in our lifetimes without, as I said, divine intervention or a massive evolution.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It is time to let go of primitive mindsets and release your spirit's true potential.

This is a notion many if not most of us can really agree with. That desire to evolve, to move towards the next step, to grow, and not be limited in that growth.

One really has to wonder at this point, what some of us find frightening or appealing in that natural progression and concept.

Great post, thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings on this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join