It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Religion

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I guess you're right.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As stated (or speculated) in another thread here;

Maybe the phrase "The Kingdom Of God Is Withing You" means that in our minds/souls really exists a plane, outside of time and space, beyond all comprehension. And that "God Made Man Into His Own Image" means that our psyches (or rather our Higher Selves - don't really care for that term) are actually the reflection of the force that manifested itself into flesh - us.

We really don't need another religion (belief system) to tap into that. It can only be experienced, or learned through an experience.

Secret teachings have been kept secret because of the misunderstanding of the masses, and in its core, the message hasn't really changed a bit. The same ancient knowledge pops up from time to time, because it cannot be held down. It is IN us.

I can tell from so many messages on this board that people are really starting to tap into it more and more, although the expressions may vary.

Maybe this is pure speculation, but many people have experienced exactly the same, ahem, sensations. Kinda touchy and high flying subject

[edit on 15/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You write the greatest threads.
They are almost always both rich and compelling. You inspire me to make my threads better. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
You write the greatest threads.
They are almost always both rich and compelling. You inspire me to make my threads better. Thank you.

Thanks my friend, a little trick I learned from a book, about writing books, is most authors lay out just the title of each chapter before they write a thing into them.

They outline through those titles, the basic outline for the story.

1. Boy is born
2. Boy goes to school
3. Boy goes to War
4. Boy meets girl
5, Boy becomes CEO
6. Boy gets kidnapped by Space Aliens
7. Boy fights his way back
8. Boy has a boy of his own

etc., etc. and then they fill in the blanks.

If you organize the outline that way, then its more like a connect the dots from one chapter to the next building the story to a conclusion you have laid out all the twists and turns for to start out with.

It organizes the story before there is a story.

I was very pleased so many people responded to this thread.

Any thoughts on what kind of religion you would prefer to have?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
New World Religion = God is Love

To worship god, is to live with love

Love for yourself, your family, your friends, your partner, your community, your environment, your world, your present and your future.

If everything we did was directly motivated by, and meditated down to the most basic motivations for every action and reaction the individual and as a result society makes - was guided by Love - the world would be a Utopia.

If you loved yourself, you wouldn't drink Coke.
If you loved your family, you'd be growing a vegetable garden.
If you loved your friends, you'd be discussing philosophy instead of watching sports.
If you loved your partner, you'd be a team
If you loved your community, everyone would have renewable energy housing and locally grown produce.
If you loved your environment, you'd plant trees and pick up litter.
If you loved your world, you'd be open to other cultures and would share resources
If you loved your present, you'd be living in the now
If you loved your future, you'd be creating a better one, now.

You can talk all the mystical mumbo jumbo, mixed with metaphor, mixed with history, mixed with perception, in micro and macro, from different cultures, from different time periods, different rituals, different this - different that - and as a result have the world divided and ignorant.

Or do what Jesus wanted, not to worship him, but to emulate him. Have an individual religion centred around you, and your connection with God, who is pure Love. And practice it where ever you go 24/7-365 - not just on a Sat or Sun.

Any book is a good book if it has wisdom in it - but its just a book.

its what you do with the wisdom it teaches.

All knowledge ultimately means, self knowledge.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

I kind of love my self, my GUS (Grown Up Soda) brand soda is all natural, with real cola nut extract, and natural cane sugar, and pure sparkling spring water???

Would that work?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Love for yourself, your family, your friends, your partner, your community, your environment, your world, your present and your future.

If everything we did was directly motivated by, and meditated down to the most basic motivations for every action and reaction the individual and as a result society makes - was guided by Love - the world would be a Utopia.

If you loved your friends, you'd be discussing philosophy instead of watching sports.
If you loved your community, everyone would have renewable energy housing and locally grown produce.
If you loved your world, you'd be open to other cultures and would share resources

You can talk all the mystical mumbo jumbo, mixed with metaphor, mixed with history, mixed with perception, in micro and macro, from different cultures, from different time periods, different rituals, different this - different that - and as a result have the world divided and ignorant.

Or do what Jesus wanted, not to worship him, but to emulate him. Have an individual religion centred around you, and your connection with God, who is pure Love. And practice it where ever you go 24/7-365 - not just on a Sat or Sun.

If I drink coke, I truly don't love myself anymore?

If I decided to enjoy watching sports with friends rather than enjoy reading philosophy with friends, I don't truly love them?

What kind of asinine nonsense is this?

On another note, I have the potential to live with love and achieve all the things you've listed without worshiping a God.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

On another note, I have the potential to live with love and achieve all the things you've listed without worshiping a God.

From what I have seen and noticed you do an exemplary job at it too. You are considerate, thoughtful, studied and respectful, and put true thought and concern into your words.

You are neither overly optimistic to the point of being foolish, or pessimistic to the point of being contrary or self defeating, but BALLANCED and see a benefit to wisdom mixed with compassion and love.

In essence what many people would hope to find in a God that they would willingly worship.

Which would cause some to ask, why would you look beyond for something you can in fact find within?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Aren't Krishnamurti's ideas exactly what could be called "mystical mumbo jumbo"? And isn't having a "religion centered around yourself" the exact opposite of the original christian teachings?
It thrives from the idea that there could actually be a teacher, or a guru, who tells you how things are.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

From what I have seen and noticed you do an exemplary job at it too. You are considerate, thoughtful, studied and respectful, and put true thought and concern into your words.

You are neither overly optimistic to the point of being foolish, or pessimistic to the point of being contrary or self defeating, but BALLANCED and see a benefit to wisdom mixed with compassion and love.

In essence what many people would hope to find in a God that they would willingly worship.

Which would cause some to ask, why would you look beyond for something you can in fact find within?

And you're a incisive and remarkable poster that potentially posses untold amounts of knowledge concerning the true nature of things.

I'm just getting started in life. (Graduating from high school next month) and I wish to further develop myself concerning knowledge, writing, and being a intellectual and expression-ate individual such as yourself.

You completely expressed my thoughts on this last line.

"Which would cause some to ask, why would you look beyond for something you can in fact find within?"

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Well I would say you are off to an exceptional start towards your goals, and have a tremendous advantage in having those goals, and at this stage.

The truth is though there is an inherent truth born in all of us that makes some younger people exceptionally wise and considered when they are in touch with it.

That’s not an easy path, because many of those things contradict peers and contemporaries who are far more inclined to accept what others tell them they are, instead of accepting what one’s own heart and soul tells them they are.

But as time goes on, more and more people will respect that largely unique ability, and come to rely on you for strength and advice and direction.

They will always sense those things in you, which are something a lot of people don’t have; they are fraught with uncertainty, insecurities and a general lack of true direction.

People will look to you to help them carry their load, and in that process, you will have people come and go from your life, for a season, for a reason, and at times break your heart when they take what you have taught them to then go back into the world after that season, to fulfill that reason, and you shall in many cases, never hear or see from them again, but a part of them, will always remain within you, and a part of your heart, will always care about them.

Through each one, you learn more about people, more about yourself, more about the grand scheme of things, and how you and they all play a role.

People as a result of this intuitive perception of you, will always expect you to be strong, to never be down or defeated, and to largely place them ahead of you.

Those are high expectations to live up too, but should you manage too, and I believe you will be able too, you will learn through them all, things and perspectives, and ability to contemplate and comprehend in ways few people ever do.

In large part because the essence of so many people will dwell within you, and their eyes, will become your own eyes, instead of having two sets, you will have dozens, if not hundreds, if not thousands, a unique ability to see the world through and with many different perspectives, of many different people, and somewhere between each one’s unique perspective, arrive at a truth, and a perspective, with an ability to see and sense things few posses.

It’s neither a gift nor a curse, but eventually it becomes a great responsibility, people will expect in you, things they never dare to expect in themselves, and in a way, grant you that ability, to aspire and maintain yourself to that degree, because they have themselves allowed it, and wished it to be.

But it will all be about them, and if I had to share one important thing with anyone, it’s to make sure you always retain enough balance to at the end of the day at least consider yourself, even if you choose not to act upon those considerations, for the people who come to respect you, rely upon you, and even love you in their own way, will be unable to consider you, because of the crisis in their life they make them seek you out.

Life is quite the adventure!

[edit on 15/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well I would say you are off to an exceptional start towards your goals, and have a tremendous advantage in having those goals, and at this stage.

The truth is though there is an inherent truth born in all of us that makes some younger people exceptionally wise and considered when they are in touch with it.

That’s not an easy path, because many of those things contradict peers and contemporaries who are far more inclined to accept what others tell them they are, instead of accepting what one’s own heart and soul tells them they are.

But as time goes on, more and more people will respect that largely unique ability, and come to rely on you for strength and advice and direction.

They will always sense those things in you, which are something a lot of people don’t have; they are fraught with uncertainty, insecurities and a general lack of true direction.

People will look to you to help them carry their load, and in that process, you will have people come and go from your life, for a season, for a reason, and at times break your heart when they take what you have taught them to then go back into the world after that season, to fulfill that reason, and you shall in many cases, never hear or see from them again, but a part of them, will always remain within you, and a part of your heart, will always care about them.

Through each one, you learn more about people, more about yourself, more about the grand scheme of things, and how you and they all play a role.

People as a result of this intuitive perception of you, will always expect you to be strong, to never be down or defeated, and to largely place them ahead of you.

Those are high expectations to live up too, but should you manage too, and I believe you will be able too, you will learn through them all, things and perspectives, and ability to contemplate and comprehend in ways few people ever do.

In large part because the essence of so many people will dwell within you, and their eyes, will become your own eyes, instead of having two sets, you will have dozens, if not hundreds, if not thousands, a unique ability to see the world through and with many different perspectives, of many different people, and somewhere between each one’s unique perspective, arrive at a truth, and a perspective, with an ability to see and sense things few posses.

It’s neither a gift nor a curse, but eventually it becomes a great responsibility, people will expect in you, things they never dare to expect in themselves, and in a way, grant you that ability, to aspire and maintain yourself to that degree, because they have themselves allowed it, and wished it to be.

But it will all be about them, and if I had to share one important thing with anyone, it’s to make sure you always retain enough balance to at the end of the day at least consider yourself, even if you choose not to act upon those considerations, for the people who come to respect you, rely upon you, and even love you in their own way, will be unable to consider you, because of the crisis in their life they make them seek you out.

Life is quite the adventure!

[edit on 15/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

Nice Message.

Here goes another quote, I've liked from you.

People are generally conformist, who shun the idea of being a individual readily. Consequently, they ignore what their soul or heart tell them they are and would quickly take the "back seat" when they are "different" from the rest. People listen to general opinions and allow the general to shape their perception of reality and their-self, and abhor being "different" or expressing the true nature of their-self.

The fundamental problem is fear, which always existed and act as a "chain reaction" in a sense, from one generation to another.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The fundamental problem is fear, which always existed and act as a "chain reaction" in a sense, from one generation to another.

What people fear more than anything is the unknown; it makes their imaginations run wild with the possibilities.

It’s why they try so hard to create a system that separates us from our higher self, the more we realize, the less we fear, and the less our fears can be exploited.

Ultimately what makes so many people turn to organized religion is the explanations it provides them for the unknown and the comfort those illusions give them in easing their fears.

It becomes the basis then for controlling them, by offering them the validation that comes along with the herd mentality and a shared perspective.

Fear is the most debilitating thing because it is always imagine, seldom to they ever turn out in the ways people believe they will.

Fear is a prison.

Fear is born out of that disconnection with who you really are and your relationship with the universe, and what it is really about.

Religion actually prevents that connection from ever happening.

You remain fearful and pliable and malleable as a result.

Resoluteness in knowing and truly believing in yourself and your own destiny and mastery of it, eliminates most if not all fears.

Real trouble though, always lurks where you least expect it, so trying to anticipate it, to a certain extent, since it will all be imagined, is very self defeating.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Yep, well I'm doing all those things or working towards them and more.
Even vegan ;-).
In the path of making self-reliant atom-tribe communities.
Agreed, life is paradise.

I like you.
Your smart :-).

To paraphrase the last sentence,
all imagined things can come to manifest.
so what did exist (mind-sense) became physical knowledge (past-experience).

Ooo, magick

[edit on 16-4-2010 by lowki]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
As stated (or speculated) in another thread here;

Maybe the phrase "The Kingdom Of God Is Withing You" means that in our minds/souls really exists a plane, outside of time and space, beyond all comprehension. And that "God Made Man Into His Own Image" means that our psyches (or rather our Higher Selves - don't really care for that term) are actually the reflection of the force that manifested itself into flesh - us.

We really don't need another religion (belief system) to tap into that. It can only be experienced, or learned through an experience.

Secret teachings have been kept secret because of the misunderstanding of the masses, and in its core, the message hasn't really changed a bit. The same ancient knowledge pops up from time to time, because it cannot be held down. It is IN us.

I can tell from so many messages on this board that people are really starting to tap into it more and more, although the expressions may vary.

Maybe this is pure speculation, but many people have experienced exactly the same, ahem, sensations. Kinda touchy and high flying subject

[edit on 15/4/2010 by Tryptych]

Awesome! I agree people are coming around to the sacred inside

Even science tells us we are all the same matter and were once all from the same source on the physical realm, now people are realizing that we are all same in spirit. This does not mean hive mind, this means sacred oneness.

Oh and "God mad man in his own image" check it out, this line is kinda creepy odd...
Genesis 1:26 (King James Version)
26And God said, Let us make man in our image, afterour likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Then there is this oddity

Genesis 1:28 (King James Version)

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

replenish? isn't this supposed to be the first creation?

Ok off topic
Just thought I would share back atcha!

Namaste

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

CLAP! and STAR!
For sure! This is well stated and I cannot agree more, you nailed it and I am well on my path. What I wanted to bring to everyones attention is this.

WE ARE TO OFTEN preaching to the choir. We got to get out there and talk to those who don't want to hear it, show the way through our actions, lead the way by example. BEAUTIFUL statement you shared here.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"

Our troubles in the world are not that of law or culture but of spirit and ego. The "devil" has been running the show filling the world with fear and anger and lust. Its time we take it back, do not fight it, shine the light on it and it will fade away.

Believe in me and have eternal life.
The believe part is for sure BE LIKE, believe in the message and truly REALIZE the Christ/Buddha/God in all of us.

NAMASTE

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Aren't Krishnamurti's ideas exactly what could be called "mystical mumbo jumbo"?

he didn't have anything happy to say.

And isn't having a "religion centered around yourself" the exact opposite of the original christian teachings?

If by "original" you're refering to Billy Meier's version,
then I'm not so sure.

Contemporary christianity is based on sheep (ordinary people) doing as they are told by the shepherd (priest).

It thrives from the idea that there could actually be a teacher, or a guru, who tells you how things are.

that's disempowering yourself.
submitting to an outside force, like priest, police, illuminati.
remember that a shepherd is still a predator,
shepherd eat sheep, use them for wool, etc.
by submitting you become their property,
and they can do with you as they will.

though it certainly is possible to learn from others.
like I suggest forming an atom-tribe, with forest garden and fab lab.
though that would take self-dedication, and empowering yourself.
that indeed you and we with you are able.

Originally posted by GrandKitaro777

People are generally conformist, who shun the idea of being a individual readily. Consequently, they ignore what their soul or heart tell them they are and would quickly take the "back seat" when they are "different" from the rest. People listen to general opinions and allow the general to shape their perception of reality and their-self, and abhor being "different" or expressing the true nature of their-self.

Wow, I had a sneaking suspicion about these things.
But wasn't really able to phrase it so well.

I guess I've just always been "different",
so I never got to see the "conformist" perspective.

Kinda like David Icke, after years of ridicule,
it just becomes irrelevant.

Back in Ukraine, everyone loved me,
and girls often offered to marry me,
but since I moved to Canada at 5,
I was the "foreign boy".

Most of my conversations were with teachers or tutors.
Even now most of my conversations fit the same format.

My partner co-habitates with me,
I have a wonderful family,
and friends to party with.

Also pets at home.

Paradise

What I found inside myself,
makes all the rest of the world look like a kindergarten.

so there's really nothing to fear,
since I'm just so much scarier.
lol

but of course love, happiness, awareness, choice, freedom, heart, anchors.
all good things to keep one in a stable safe physical world.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by lowki]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So we all agree to disagree on things that are not good for the indevidual, are not good for the group. If sheep want sheaperds then they will get them, after all even jesus said that he dident come to bring peace but a sword. Our worst enemies are ourselves, we turn to religion when we can't deal with ourselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hi guys I'm new here, I have been lurking around this site for a long time. Been searching for truth and knowledge concerning religion, philosophy, UFOs etc etc. This thread here finally got me to break out of the backseat and finally discuss with all the good people here about real talk.

This thread has been done really well, such an interesting read, and opens the doors of imagination on what this new world religion etc should be like.
Amazingly made thread mate, and the people replying have all made some constructive thought on the issues. This is what seeking knowledge is all about. Discussing topics with respect for eachother, man thanks for ths thread as I probably wouldnt have joined as of yet.

Now the issue about a one world religion is such a big thing, imo I think it would be such a big task that will leave too many questions, debates, heated arguments and disagreements. Even the majority of thing we all agree on wont outweigh the minority of fundamental problems it will bring to establish a one world religion.

In my experience of looking into religions and occult and all the other belief systems, there has been somewhat a duality in nature about things, the good vs the bad and how we perceive what good or bad actually are.

I don think monotheistic religions will ever agree to being in the same religion as polytheist, so then the religion itself will have to be generalized more. Its those opinion of peoples regarding aspects of religion that will never let us agree with eachother.
To generalize religion to a point where the only fundamentals we are left with are loving and caring for one another environment family, and cause no harm etc, is too basic for it to be a religion. These are more basic thing that are part of religion that most usually do agree on already, but the practices and certain ideals is what separates us.
Even opinions such as the occult or esoteric using certain rituals etc may seem hostile to a some other religion.

Imo like i said it usually boils down to monotheism and polytheism, to make all the polytheists come together under a banner is more possible, and to make all monotheists come together is possible to, but to put both of them together wont work. Occult teaching may find itself common similarities with pagan and polytheistic ideals, wheres the monotheistic would would have strict regulation in practicing these forms of spirituality.

The area in between these warring ideologies is the atheists mindset. Most of whom will believe in self fulfillment, without the need of god(s) Some may believe that religion is created to divide us etc. And without these ideals we would be more true to ourself in how we perceive spirituality and enter a more enlightened sense of state. Or they might simply deny the spirituality part of it, and consider mankind as just lifeforms being overly imaginative when it come to religion and that we are simply just beings born and die without any spiritual connection affecting us.
Imo to establish a religion among the atheist, everything will have to be scientifically proven to be beneficial to make it viable as a religion they can acknowledge. If an atheist were asked to perform certain rituals or believe in a so called elected messiah, then he would have to be proven to be able to fit the miraculous qualities. And one thing we all can agree on is that there is much science hasnt been able to prove... but may will do in the near future, that means the religion will have to be updated regularly and even be changed.

This will beg more question to as who will control these changes being made to th religion and as generations pass, if the religion will still be fit in on era as it did another, so im afraid to come to a conclusion to say that a one world religion with proper fundamentals wont work. If you can call simple thing such as being 'good' 'love eachother' as a religion im afraid its not specific enough and will beget more questions....

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join