It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN judge calls for prosecution of Pope Benedict

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

UN judge calls for prosecution of Pope Benedict

rawstory.com

Geoffrey Robertson, a renowned human rights lawyer and United Nations jurist, wants to see Pope Benedict put on trial for allegedly protecting predator priests.

In a Guardian UK piece making its rounds this week in Catholic circles, Robertson demanded the pope be "put in the dock" so that the church might "feel the full weight of international law" over its thousands of pedophilia scandals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow , just Wow

I am a bit stunned at this announcement !

The Pope should be held accountable for the part he played in the cover up and the relocating of an abuser to a school for deaf children but who would have ever thought that this case would invoke such a response from a UN judge ???

Does anyone think that this story and the entanglement of the Pope will simply blow over , or could this actually bring the Pope down ?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Max_TO]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's about time! The Pope is not above the law. This goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway: He's just a person like everyone else, contrary to popular Cathoilc belief. And besides, shouldn't someone who is in a position such as his be held even more accountable in view of the abundant Christian doctrines against sexual crimes?

[edit on 4/10/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Agreed and he should have stepped down and showed some class rather then hiding behind his position .

Does the UN have any means to carry out some form of prosecution over this matter ?

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
There is no chance in hell (pun intended) that the Pope will ever be charged or persecuted by a global body which probably has many ties to the Vatican deep within.

That being said, if there is enough evidence against him, there should be a fair trial, just like there would be for any other individual. In an ideal world. They fail to prosecute mass-murdering genocidists such as Bush and Kissinger, as if they would even flinch for something like this.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Agreed and he should have stepped down and showed some class rather then hiding behind his position .

Does the UN have any means to carry out some form of prosecution over this matter ?

I have no idea whether or not the UN has any legal means to prosecute him. I know virtually nothing about the UN except that they're always formulating non-binding resolutions. We need someone familiar with international law to get involved in this thread...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Did the Vatican forget to pay their NWO dues this year?

But in all seriousness, the church has to stop this sickness within its ranks. I've been reading stories about abuse by priests for more than what, 20 years now? And still the problem festers.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
The Pope should be held accountable for the part he played in the cover up and the relocating of an abuser to a school for deaf children but who would have ever thought that this case would invoke such a response from a UN judge ???

wow, now if we can get them to do the same
thing for the Bush Administration and the Mossad
for 9/11 then we'd be making progress.

And for Afgh
and for Iraq

Why do I feel like Hitler is in command again???

I dont know if this will bring the church or Pope down
but it def will NOT help their cause any.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I totally agree with serbsta on this. It will never happen. Way too many UN member states genuflect in The direction of Vatican City.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Even if this is nothing more the rhetoric , you got to admit its some serious rhetoric .

What kind of pressure could the Pope be facing behind the scenes over this ? If this were a head of State then he would receive a tremendous amount of pressure in behind closed doors . What kind of pressure does the Vicar of Christ receive from behind closed doors and from whom ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Indeed it's serious rhetoric. He may certainly be in complicity. The levels of shame should be exposed for the world to see. Will it really happen? I think not.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I am afraid that this looks like Fatima.

Am I wrong....was not the third secret the near destruction of Rome?

Will Rome be trampled underfoot?

Does not Russia come down and take over Italy?

Crazy how all of this is coming about.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Am I wrong....was not the third secret the near destruction of Rome?

Will Rome be trampled underfoot?

Does not Russia come down and take over Italy?

Crazy how all of this is coming about.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by whiteraven]

I thought I read somewhere that the third secret of Fatima was never released, and that what was purported to be the released third secret was proven to be a hoax. I'll look into it and try to provide a source...

Here's basically what I read. It wasn't from this site, but this site's info is the same I read elsewhere:

www.fatima.org...

[edit on 4/10/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The thing that keeps coming back to me are these couple of verses in Matthew ...

7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The late Father Malachi Martin stated in his last interview on the Art Bell Show (1998) that there was something ghastly and horrifying in the Third Secret of Fatima. It is not the annihilation of nations, nuclear war or the bloody persecution of the Church. It is something much worse. Pope Pius XII referred to this when he declared in 1945, "The world is on the verge of a frightful abyss ... Men must prepare themselves for suffering such as mankind has never seen." The Third Secret is apocalyptic and therefore corresponds to the eschatological texts of Sacred Scripture. This is what Cardinal Ratzinger pointed out when he revealed that the Secret concerns the ‘novissimi’ – the ‘last things’ and corresponds to what is revealed in Sacred Scripture.

Pope John Paul II, when asked about the Third Secret in Germany, stated that "we must be prepared to undergo great trials in the not too distant future, trials that will require us to be ready to give up our lives..."1 Pope John Paul II, as Karol Cardinal Wojtyla, elaborated this theme during a visit to the United States in 1976:

"We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of the American Society or wide circles of the Christian Community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel.2 It is a trial which the Church must take up."

This is the core of the Third Secret of Fatima.

All the fury of hell will be let loose upon the earth in order to attempt to dethrone Christ the King and install satan in His place — it will be the culmination of the ‘mystery of iniquity’ represented in the figure of the Tower of Babel — the apocalyptic ‘mystery of Babylon’: the counterfeit ‘church’, the ‘church of heresy’ and its ‘pope’. The ancient Roman persecutions will pale in comparison to the horrors that will take place in this great ‘tribulation’ that Our Lord foretold in the Holy Gospel and Pius XII foretold to be very near. This is the heart, the core of the Third Secret.

It appears that the consecration of Russia will not be accomplished in time to prevent the tribulation of the Great Chastisement, which has been universally foretold in the prophecies of the saints since the days of the ancient Fathers. It will, however, be done in time to prevent the consummation of the ‘mystery of iniquity’. Jesus Christ Our Lord announced that the prince of this world has been cast from his throne, which therefore, he may never establish again. Satan’s kingdom will be destroyed before it can be fully erected, and thus the Tower of Babel is never completed.

It is my belief, based on the conclusions I have reached after studying Catholic prophecy since 1970, that the Great Apostasy, foretold in Scripture and in the Third Secret of Fatima, will be formalized under the antipope foretold by St. Francis of Assisi, during the pontificate of the immediate successor of Pope John Paul II, who will have to flee from Rome and will not be in a position to bring about the consecration. It will be the next Pope after, according to my humble opinion (and according to the prophecy of the Roman stigmatist Antonio Ruffini), the second Pope after John Paul II who will finally consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary together with all the bishops of the world. Russia will be converted. Her Immaculate Heart will triumph. A vast multitude of Russian Traditionalists will enter the Catholic Church. Russia will be converted and the Church will revert back to Her traditions. There will be peace. But this will take place after the chastisement.

Shortly before spring 1991, when I visited Fatima, Our Lady revealed to Sister Lucy (according to a very reliable source in Fatima) that the Third Secret would be revealed during the course of a major war. The Third Secret has not yet been fully revealed, as even Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger admitted in a private conversation with a German speaking person, a personal friend of Pope John Paul II for many years (who is personally known to me) who confronted him about the alleged publication of the "whole" Third Secret. Ratzinger answered: "Truly, that was not all of it." The Third Secret will be revealed, but it will be late: only after the next world war will have broken out.

The desecration of Catholic churches and sanctuaries by pagan worship and the mingling of the true religion with false religions is the signal that the chastisement will now take place in the immediate future. The desecration of the sanctuary, of God’s Holy Place, is a sacrilegious and blasphemous act of impiety that demands immediate punishment in strict justice. God, therefore, in order to remain just cannot be patient any longer in the presence of the sacrilegious abominations that are now being perpetrated in Catholic churches and sanctuaries. It is precisely for this species of sin that God declares: "Therefore I also will deal with them in My wrath: My eye shall not spare them, neither will I show mercy … nor will I have pity: I will requite their way upon their head." (Ezechiel 8:18, 9:10)

Footnotes:

1. Reported in Nov. 1980 in Stimme des Glaubens.

2. "Notable and quotable," Karol Cardinal Wojtyla, Wall Street Journal, Nov. 1978.

Return to
Table of Contents

E-mail this page

www.fatimacrusader.com...

i have heard that the third secret is much too horrible to release although I believe the Church was instructed to release it.

Also note the death in Poland a friend of Rome and of the West.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Thanks for posting that !

Goes to show you that this very topic has many different ramifications .

The Vatican must be aware of the many different " problems " this report causes for them and it simply boggles the mind to see how they have handled it to date .

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Now i dont want ATS Members to start jumping into the bandwagon of the UN.

I have tens and alots of negative views on this matter

Sorry but i dont like talking about the UN getting involved in this.

Second off

This is an Church matter and an Italian matter, for the Italian authorities

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

That's what I mean. I thought it was supposed to have been scheduled to be released some time ago, but the church wouldn't because it was too grusome. Anyway, perhaps this relates to the St. Malachi predictions concerning the 111 popes, the current pope being the last before "Peter of Rome". Maybe the UN will prosecute... or the Pope will simply flee, or abdicate, making way for the supposed final anti-christ/Pope figure.

P.S. And there's that pesky number 11 thing again.

edit: typo

[edit on 4/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The rest of the Third Secret is supposed to be released during a particular war which has to do with Russia and the West.

This is not confirmed just hearsay.

So the death in Poland today gave me chills.

I wonder if we have any ATS members who are better acquainted with Fatima?

I also find it odd that the UN is leading this just as Ramsey Clark is meeting to try President Bush and his cabinet.

Tony Blair converted to Catholic and it seems everyone is very very on edge...

Baeur said on BBC Hardtalk that President Bush had lost the war? That was when all of this stuff began to take place....the Crash, the internal revolts in the Arab States etc etc...

[edit on 11-4-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

It seems we have one more Pope to go before before the city of seven hills is destroyed, and God judges his people.

Anyhow, this pervert Pope is a head of state, has diplomatic immunity, and like some scum bag Presidents is therefore immune from prosecution.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join