It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting article on Wki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've stated in the past, that, i tend to side with the John Keel/Jacques Vallee hypothesis, when it comes to a broader understanding of the UFO phenomenon. I was doing some research into the fabled character of one " Fulcanelli" and trying to track down a copy of his book " Le Mystère des Cathédrales (The Mystery of the Cathedrals)" when i came across this article on Wiki...

Now yes, i know Wiki ranges from helpful facts to out and out BS, but the section under the heading of. "Rendez-vous à Paris", is certainly worth a read.

Did the meeting happen, is there any veracity to be found in the whole article? Maybe not, but the section about the implications of the development of "Nuclear Energy" makes fascinating reading to anyone with a serious interest in Ufology.

Yes, it could well be written, after the fact, to fit the historical data. However, if there is some kernel of truth in the story, it does lend some credence to the theories of Keel and Vallee and goes someway to explain the time frame of events and even possibly, the location of a few famous sightings.

So, to be taken with a large pinch of salt, but a fascinating read non the less.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't get what he has to do with UFO's

According to Canseliet, his last encounter with Fulcanelli happened in 1953 (years after his disappearance), when he went to Spain and there was taken to a castle high in the mountains for a rendezvous with his former master. Canseliet had known Fulcanelli as an old man in his 80s but now the Master had grown younger: he was a man in his 50s. The reunion was brief and Fulcanelli once again disappeared leaving no trace of his whereabouts.

Are you suggesting he's an alien or something ?

Not sure if you've found this ebook but it might be useful to you in your fulcanelli reasearch

Fulcanelli: His True Identity Revealed
By Patrick Rivière

books.google.co.uk...=onepage&q=Le%20Myst%C3%A8re%20 des%20Cath%C3%A9drales&f=false

[edit on 10/4/10 by Discotech]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I have indeed found a copy of the book in PDF form and my brain is oozing out of my ears reading it at the moment..

It's this part that fascinated me from the wiki article...

The secret of alchemy is this: there is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the Universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work." [13]

Ie, the idea that, by exploding the first nuclear bombs we, opened doors to other realities, that we can both visit and likewise, be visited from.

I do take your point about Fulcanelli being an alien , there are echoes of the Queen's Equerry and the mt Janus incident. In that case mt Janus told the Equerry where technology was heading and spoke of nuclear energy at a level that was, at the time, still "above top secret".

It does ,rather neatly, give us some kind of reason for the huge increase in UFO sightings post World War 2 and why they seemed to be attracted to Nuclear weapon sites and power stations. Those very facilities, facilitated their ability to appear in our *reality*?

The best analogy i can think of, off the top of my head is this. Imagine the 1920s flying to the wildest parts of New Guinea. At the time you could do it but those who lived there had no concept of aircraft and there were no facilities there, to allow one to land and take off. So you could fly to the nearest place with an air port and then hike across land. Of course, now they have air ports of their own, interaction is that much easier.

We, by using nuclear power, in effect, opened our own airports and made it that much easier for other realities to visit ours, where previously, they had to rely 100% their own portals to travel. Hence the huge upsurge in sightings and visitations?

Hence, Mr Janus's understanding of nuclear power, as his reality has used it for maybe hundreds, even several thousands of years, of years, is what we now. only some 50 years later, deem as common knowledge?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Interesting thought about the whole opening a door to other dimensions.

However I'm going to throw out an objective idea to you, perhaps they are attracted to nuclear weaponry to disable the weaponry without us knowing. They obviously know how dangerous it is, we know how dangerous it is, perhaps they come from a world where nuclear weapons almost wiped out their existance and they do not want us to repeat the same ?

Take the Rendleshem UFO case for instance, there was reports of the UFO shining a beam at the nuclear weapon stores, perhaps it was somehow disabling the weapons ? I mean we don't know the weapons won't work until we use and thankfully we've not had to use them yet so these UFO's could be watching our backs ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'd postulate that. if we are being visited, i it's by more than one group. Most i would say are, essentially benign. Some, maybe those who, supposedly abduct people, are slightly less, well generous in their view of us. They, come from a society based on a wholly different structure , morally to us, where they see nothing wrong with mass experimentation on their own people, so they see nothing wrong with doing it to other species?

Maybe, the Rendlesham incident was one groups first probe and it was doing little more than collecting data and then taking it back to give a full report? Yes they have nuclear power, but it's primarily for military use and their understanding of it is, basically primitive. They either choose to ignore the possibilities for travel, for political and social reasons and instead, choose to use it in a very basic form? This would suggest that, in terms of social cohesion humans are, still fairly under developed and might actually be dangerous to other realities?

Hence, the fairy folk, the djinn, the angels, whatever you want to call them have confused us down through history. Some benign, some helpful, some not so, some out right hostile at times. We as humans lump them altogether in one basket. When in fact, there are several groups visiting us, all with differing agendas?

I have a feeling we have been visited by a large number of groups from other realities. I also sense that, just maybe, those who are closest to us, both physically and socially, are the ones who haunt our skies the most?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
I've stated in the past, that, i tend to side with the John Keel/Jacques Vallee hypothesis, when it comes to a broader understanding of the UFO phenomenon. I was doing some research into the fabled character of one " Fulcanelli" and trying to track down a copy of his book " Le Mystère des Cathédrales (The Mystery of the Cathedrals)" when i came across this article on Wiki...

Now yes, i know Wiki ranges from helpful facts to out and out BS, but the section under the heading of. "Rendez-vous à Paris", is certainly worth a read.

Did the meeting happen, is there any veracity to be found in the whole article? Maybe not, but the section about the implications of the development of "Nuclear Energy" makes fascinating reading to anyone with a serious interest in Ufology.

Yes, it could well be written, after the fact, to fit the historical data. However, if there is some kernel of truth in the story, it does lend some credence to the theories of Keel and Vallee and goes someway to explain the time frame of events and even possibly, the location of a few famous sightings.

So, to be taken with a large pinch of salt, but a fascinating read non the less.

en.wikipedia.org...

You've been reading Morning of the Magicians, haven't you? Well done, 'tis the book that pretty much started it all.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 10/4/2010 by Voiceoftreason]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Aye still have a copy of it and the follow up.. On a more general level, what i found fascinating about the book was, the postulation that. ideas, aren't necessarily taken up because there are times we simply miss that, which seems blindingly obvious. to a later generation.

Ie the implications of steam energy which was utilised in something that was, little more than an "executive toy", some 2000 years ago. Or the idea that, on some naturally occurring gas field vent, there was lit an eternal flame, some 500 years ago. However, no-one had the savvy to think. "Ere we could light a whole town with that?"

Similar to someone saying to Faraday, at one of his lectures. "Well that's all well and good, but what practical application does electricity have on a daily basis?

It's hard to imagine, to us , anyone asking that question and yet, that's exactly what they did.

I'm old enough to remember the debate that surrounded the ideas proposed by Velikovsky. Now, while most of what he said was shown to be pure bunkum, he was the first to suggest that, many of Earth's great changes were bought about by cataclysmic events. Ie the great extinction of the dinosaurs. It's only 40 years ago Carl Sagan and his like were dismissing that idea as, totally unfounded and lacking in any evidence at all.

Now, Velikovsky might have been badly wrong, but then again, so were Sagan and virtually the whole of the Earth Science's establishment.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
You have probably heard about Nicolas Flamel, as he is a similar kind of enigmatic/curious character. If not, it is worth having a look at his info on wikipedia first

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The sun does the same thing as a nuclear bomb does it not? So is the sun a giant portal to other dimensions?

new topics

top topics

join