It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D technology solves 4500 year old riddle: Great Pyramid was built from inside out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

3D technology solves 4500 year old riddle: Great Pyramid was built from inside out

I know stuff about the Great Pyramid has been posted before, and I know this subject has been brought up, however after searching ATS I found nothing relating to this story, which includes 3D technology to show how the pyramid was most likely built.

Dassault Systèmes’ in conjunction with researcher Jean-Pierre Houdin, have used cutting edge 3D technology to solve a 4500 year old riddle – how the Great Pyramid of Giza was constructed within 20 years and without wheels, pulleys or iron tools. The pyramid is the oldest and last remaining wonder of the ancient world, and is as much famous for the alternative, often supernatural explanations offered for its construction as it is for its historical significance. Houdin used CATIA 3D software to digitally create his hypothesis, which theorized an “inside out” construction process. The highly advanced software was able to take into account the strength and resistance of the materials used, the ability of workers using primitive tools to move the blocks into place, the effect of aging, and even the effect of the weight of the pyramid on the pyramid itself. You can see the work in three dimensions here.

Read the full article here

Obviously I'd like to think there is more to the Giza Pyramid than meets the eye - I mean it was built thousands of years ago, and it constructed perfectly. But this idea of it being built from the inside out makes sense. However, that doesn't mean that the conspiracies surrounding the pyramid are not legit, it just may mean that whomever built the pyramid knew what they were doing. It still shows a very high level of intelligence, and not to mention I'm not going to jump on the band wagon and say "Hey everyone this is definitely correct!"

This article is from back in 2007, so I don't know what else has been added to whole story since then, I admit I don't know too much about the pyramid and the history surrounding it other than the basics. But I did want to share this article I came across, which includes the 3D mapping of how it was more than likely done (if built from the inside out like the article says), which like I said I wasn't able to find anywhere here on ATS. Forgive me if it's been posted, but if it's not been then I'm sure some of you will find it interesting.

Feel free to add any/all information regarding this subject that you may know, since I admitted I'm behind on it myself I would like to hear what others have to say.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I wouldnt really agree that they have solved it, they admit themselves its just a hypothesis. They cannot input all the parameters that are known becuase they would have to be using much more than seven computers. I do belive it possible to recreate the giza construction with computer modelling and attempt to prove it was built inside out, but its not the same. It is far too easy to miss details in the model, it over generalizes and simplifies everything for the sake of not running a hiddeously long solve. You see with these programs if you input one of the paramaters slightly wrong youd have to run the solve again which can take hours even days if its too complex. As I was learning to use these programs most of my time was spent waiting for the single yet expensive pc to do its thing. I doubt your going to find that article being critical of the program itself as they plug the name a few times as though to advertise it.

The point im trying to make is however complex they make it sound, it is a gross oversimplication of the actualy scenario and hence its not really the 4500 year old (if thats even the right data) riddle solved.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Well, like I said I have no clue if it's a definitive answer to the questions being asked, but it seemed logical - however, as I also said, it would still take a great deal of intelligence to pull this off - regardless of how the pyramid was built it was definitely a feat for those who did build it... unless in fact it was done using technology more advanced than we are aware of... but there still no 100% factual proof that that's how it was done either.

So, no one still knows how this was done, but the 3D modeling gives you an idea of how it may have happened.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
From the inside out it would even be more difficult to get a center where you can build around IMO

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh Great here we go again.

1: First they claim it was built by slaves, which they have completed in matter of 4 or 5 years if i remember somewhere.

2:They stated it was built as a funeral site, which isn't

3: And now this

3D Technology solves? really now, i dont think so

Thinking hypothesis rather then logical is another issue.

Funny you mention that aliens built those Pyramids they will think your nuts, but you got think outside the box for once about this question.

If the aliens did help the humans create such building, where are the tools from them?

You know the only reason they keep going with these stories, is to keep up with there side of there own version of there story.

To Keep the side of the truth hidden from us.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's bloody obvious.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It's likely a question that will often be asked. I like Houdin's ideas although they were dismissed by Hawass in his blog last year. It's not to say they are all right, but at least they are coming from a rational perspective. Worth a debate any day.

It often appears that people just look at the pyramids...look through even...and focus on the Great Pyramid. They're unaware of the traditions of stone craft these people had...experience of a thousand years before the great Pyramid. They didn't set to cutting and hauling blocks without planning.

Expert architects would draw up the plans. Imhotep (creator of the 1st vaulted ceiling etc) was part of a line of knowledge. Much like modern Guilds, the knowledge of architecture would be kept as secret knowledge...passed on to the selected few. Plans for tombs and pyramids would be destroyed to make it difficult for enemies to take advantage.

As an ex-joiner and site labourer, I can appreciate the planning and laying out the site they did. They sighted to the cardinal points and pegged out the perimeters before the first block was laid down. It seems intuitive to me that they worked inside out and upwards from the centre to accommodate the chambers. The interior of the Great Pyramid is fantastically accomplished. The exterior as we know it today is far away from the 'perfection' people like to imagine...it's rough as hell. Blocks are vastly different shapes and sizes and many big gaps have been wedged with chunks of stone. None of which mattered as the end result would be dressed with casing stone...

So yeah, I go for the 'inside out' but guess there are good reasons why the theory hasn't gained favour.

new topics

top topics

join