It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Eying POTUS bid! says the American People Have Awoken!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Article:

Eying another presidential bid, Texas Rep. Ron Paul is telling Republican activists that "the American people have awoken" because Washington won't address the nation's fiscal crisis. Paul ran for the GOP presidential nomination in 2008. He spoke Saturday to the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, a so-called cattle call of potential presidential candidates.

Source: newsmax.com...

Well, people have been asking where has Ron Paul been? Here you go. Sounds like he may toss his hat in the bin again!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have a problem.
He says a lot of right things but
He is a Politician
He is one of them. He is part of the Republican Party. He has been in Congress a while.
Can he "really" be trusted?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul

as a politician that is, lol

I voted for him as a write-in in 2008.

However, this is a good sign
but also not so good.

As I'm afraid the damage has already
been done. The sheeple have awoken
too late to stave disaster. And not even
Ron can fix it at this point.

But if we get that far in 2011,
he'll get my vote again

Ron was on Larry King last night with Jesse Ventura
hosting and was asked if he and Sarah Palin would
team up for the Rep nominee ticket and he laughed
and said no that their views were too different.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
I have a problem.
He is a Politician
He is one of them. He is part of the Republican Party. He has been in Congress a while.

So he knows how things work. Thing with Obama is he very well might have had all the best intentions but the reality is the politicians aren't actually the ones that do most of the heavy lifting in government. I gather he really had no idea how hard it would be to assert control over the administration.

Ron Paul has been in long enough that he can probably be a stronger president than Obama and bring about real change.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I have a problem.
He is a Politician

Its interesting that people who oppose the 'two party' system will vote for somebody part of that very system. Ron Paul also told his loyal supporters in Texas to rally for other Republican incumbents for 2010, politicians who were steadfast behind Bush, his wars and his patriot act.

Ron Paul is a brand of the Republican party. Where as Bachmann and Palin would appeal to a certain taste of a conservative voting segment, Ron Paul will appeal to the libertarian conspiracy theorist wing. Either way they all bring voters to the Republican party. Paulers can shape it any way they want, but at the end of the day when they are voting for Ron Paul, they are voting for the 'R' next to his name. They can insist both parties are the same, but that will not change the fact they are voting for one of them.

Ron Paul is a Republican brand, and likewise he has appeal from his targeted voter segment.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by Southern Guardian

His brand of "republican" isn't very republican as it osndefined these days.

For starters he was constantly on Reagans case about his growing government and spending. He also ran for President in 88 as a Libertarian.

He may have been a Republican 100 years ago. Now he's a RINO. At least he is as long as the republicans and democrats are a single party entity as they have been the past 20 or so years. Sure, they talk a different talk from time to time but their walk is identical.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wow!
I'd like to see Ron Paul run again. I'd like to see Alan Grayson run also.
If near mid election the two of them dumped party ties and joined forces as say constitutionalists, what would come of it? Can we kill the two-faced one party system like that? Bring in a third party that disassociates the two-faced one party system? Hey, one can dream...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I have a problem.
He is a Politician

This is what I've been thinking.
Alot of people have been saying that the PTB have been waiting for a moment to snap in martial law and really bring down the hammer, what if he's the guy they're going to use for it? the wolf in sheeps clothing so to speak.

MMP

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Love him or hate him, Congressmen Paul is getting pretty old. The man is almost 80 and on the last leg of his life expectancy. If you set aside corporate influence, TPTB, DC corruption, the two party dictatorship or whatever variable you can come up with we're left with one single question.

Will Ron Paul be healthy enough (physically and mentally) to perform the duties of being President and bring an agenda to fruition in 4 to 8 years (8 years assuming he wins twice)?

I honestly don't know the answer. If he does run and win in 2012 or by some weird twist of fate becomes President next Tuesday I suspect that a lot of House and Senate members would have tons of issues with his goals and do everything possible to see him impeached or at the very least throw up blocks where ever possible.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
That is why you should watch for his running mate. He'll inherit the throne if Ron suddenly needs to retire. His VP is the key.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by Southern Guardian

His brand of "republican" isn't very republican as it osndefined these days.

And yet he remains apart of that establishment. The argument here is that his different, is that he is constantly on the case of both parties.... supposedly. Yet he continues to remain part of that very system and that should be questionable by the least. You cannot insist he is different, he questions both sides, and yet he remains part of the Republican party. The argument for this case I have gotten from Paulers is that he needs to be Republican to gain votes and attention but that to me is utter nonsense. If he was so different he would remained independent from both parties and walked the talk but he never has. Yes Ron Paul sounds different, but like wise thats just part of his brand.

The same argument could be made in the case of Barack Obama, atleast though his supporters make no secret that they are voting Democrat. The same cannot be said for Paulers.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The fact that Ron Paul has been in politics for over thirty years would mean he knows how things work, besides the fact that the sheeple vote republican or democrat.
Try looking at his votng record.
How about the fact he doesn't accept his government paycheck.
And as far as road blocks if he is elected, how can they stop him from enforcing the constitution.Besides he has what so many other POTUS have had and used , EXECUTIVE POWER.
Ron Paul is more a republican than the last 5 republican jerks that sat in the white house.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ron Paul is the only truth speaking politician to grace Washington since Thomas Jefferson.

Praise Paul, for he will shine a light on the festering fascism of government.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I guess I wrll have to vote for him again,

Rons my man

80 years wise, the indians knew the value of their elders

MMP

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
That is why you should watch for his running mate. He'll inherit the throne if Ron suddenly needs to retire. His VP is the key.

I'd hope his list of potential VPs is pretty short, but these days nothing really surprises me when it comes to the American political system. Anyone have any intelligent guesses?

Originally posted by lunchmanstan
80 years wise, the indians knew the value of their elders

If you are referring to Native Americans (is it Native People now?) that's a very poor reference. Sadly, the "wise elders" didn't stop the tyranny, genocide and injustice perpetrated against them. At the end of the day Dr. Paul is just a human being, 80 years old or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
After thinking about Ron Paul overnight, I think he is just too old. I think he wuld be great in a Cabinet spot-maybe a Czar-lol.

Anyway, what would you do if you were a major supporter of RP and he decided that Sarah Palin was to be his running mate?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Running mate...let's see...

How about if he chose his son, Rand Paul as his running mate?

It's said the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..and it might just be crazy enough to work.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Screw it...I finally give up.

Lets all just vote for Ron.

Ok? Do we agree?

Lets just let him win this one and call it a day.

I mean, it can't be worse then it is now...

Let the old guy win.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
"Lets all just vote for Ron."

I'd rather vote for Ru Paul.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"Lets all just vote for Ron."

I'd rather vote for Ru Paul.

Oh, is she/he running!?

I switch my vote now...