It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family sees mother strangled by hijab in freak go-karting accident

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Family sees mother strangled by hijab in freak go-karting accident

www.smh.com.au

A 26 year-old Sydney woman has been killed in a freak carting accident
The woman suffered severe neck and throat injuries after the hijab became entangled with the go-kart while she was driving at Port Stephens Go-Karts yesterday.
"[It appears] the scarf was pulled across her throat ... from one side of the body to the other side,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailytelegraph.com.au
www.dailymai l.co.uk

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The couple[owners] had operated the track for about 10 years "without an incident". Now a muslim turns up with all her getup-on and decides this is safe for her cotton sheet wrapped around her, obviously not.
What could the owners do here, tell her to take her hijab off or your band from the go-kart ring, only to be charged later with some thought up racial offense.
Ban this hijab now for the womens safety who wear them and all around them.
The husband would of known the dangers here!(murder?) In February, a 15-year-old British schoolgirl was strangled to death when her scarf was caught in a go-kart wheel in Hong Kong.(UK link above)

Zelong.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

this is simple. its called natural selection.

sorry for the short post.

edit:lets hope those who witnessed this actually learned a valuable lesson from this woman.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by aeroslag]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It must be allahs will right? getting strangled by your own hijab...
I hope people see how ridiculous these headscarfs are, just like the Iranian women football team, what happens when they hit the ball with the head? Or the keeper and the scarf gets all screwed up, these people are nuts..
Although i am very sorry for the owners of the track, i thought people are used to wear hairnets underneath their helmet, no other BS...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

way to go, woman dies and attack her faith
Bravo, you guys must really be good sports

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by Zelong

Their "faith" or religion, or submission is the premise of all this...This is their answer to their submission, bow before allah and you get strangled with you hijab, and its not only Islam, its the catholic church with the pedophiles , even the Dutch reformed church[SGP party] who woulnd't allow women to be elected..I am just plain sick of it, its primitive and "retrieved"...Believing in a higher and/or divine power is ok, its should be between you and "it", nothing else in between...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

if you want to attack faith, go for it
but what kind of person would take someones death just to point that crap out?
not even the hard core athiests i know would go that low

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's a well known fact that here in the UK, you can't wear a Hooded coat / jacket in a public place because you must be a yob or criminal.

We now have a new faith here called Jedism, i.e, the man or woman walks round with their Hoodie up, covering their head and partially the face, because they are a Jedi, a new religion!

Yes, that's right, you can be a real life Star Wars Jedi and claim it's a religion and you can't stop me wearing my hoodie at work, in the shops, on the bus or whilst driving.

This is the same stupid ridiculous idea of the women wearing their letterbox scarfs / hoodies and calling it a religion and getting away with it.

My point is, get real people, otherwise accidents and mis-understandings will happen!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Foppezao

if you want to attack faith, go for it
but what kind of person would take someones death just to point that crap out?
not even the hard core athiests i know would go that low

I am sorry for her, but mostly her children..for i hope they wont make the same choices as their parents...these headscarfs dont make you a better person or muslim, it makes living and interacting in [the traffic between people in] a free and open society such as Australia only more difficult...This is sadly the worst case

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

what in the world is a yob?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
reply to post by minkey53

what in the world is a yob?

Urm, I spent a lot of time in Ontario and I still can't think of a US word for a YOB!

Maybe a lowlife, criminal, chav, up to no good teenager, that sort of thing, if that helps?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Its sad to see the hatred expressed towards a living being's unfortunate and accidental demise simply due to their affiliation with a particular religious group.

Irregardless of their particular religious affiliation, this was a mother of children who are now abandoned.

Please consider Showing a little compassion instead of hatred.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Zelong

Woman dies because of her hijab Yes, that's what happened here so there's no point in your post or are you just trying to turn this around?

So were does the Scarf that killed the British schoolgirl fit into your theory than ?

FAIL

Zelong.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I can see why you would think some of the other posters are being insensitive. However, one of the drawbacks to Burqas and other similar garments is that they are unsafe and less practical. Women who wear such clothing are more likely to get in accidents as they go about their daily lives doing things most normal people like to do like riding go-karts. Burqas and other such articles of clothing can also hinder or prevent women from engaging in activities like sports.

In our modern Western society society, gender equality is a core value. We believe that everybody should have the opportunity to participate in any activity they wish. Even the most conservative Westerners believe women should be allowed to leave the house and participate in activities like go-kart riding.

When your religion prevents women or any other group from fully participating in life, your religion is at odds with our modern values. Posters are articulating, perhaps in an insensitive fashion, how Burqas and other similar customs are at odds with some of our core modern values.

They may also be pointing out the hypocrisy that exists with the sexism Muslims are allowed to get away with. If a White Male started a business and did not have enough women in his management team, people would label him a sexist. If a Muslim compels his wife to wear a burqa, he would not get the same criticism.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
It's a well known fact that here in the UK, you can't wear a Hooded coat / jacket in a public place because you must be a yob or criminal.

We now have a new faith here called Jedism, i.e, the man or woman walks round with their Hoodie up, covering their head and partially the face, because they are a Jedi, a new religion!

Yes, that's right, you can be a real life Star Wars Jedi and claim it's a religion and you can't stop me wearing my hoodie at work, in the shops, on the bus or whilst driving.

This is the same stupid ridiculous idea of the women wearing their letterbox scarfs / hoodies and calling it a religion and getting away with it.

My point is, get real people, otherwise accidents and mis-understandings will happen!

Your right of course here's a recent story on Jedism in England.
Jobcentre's sorry for the spurn of the Jedi

Zelong.

[edit on 10/4/10 by Zelong]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
People with long hair that work in factories or with machinery HAVE to tie it up or back for safety.

Health & Safety experts have made this a LAW because it's dangerous and people have been killed.

So Muslim women are taking great risks by wearing the letterbox headgear and people that take such big risks and get hurt don't get sympathy, that's life!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The hypocrisy of people is amazing... Normally people are screaming about our nanny state, and health and safety gone mad, until it suits them... Once they can use health and safety to bang over the head of a particular group they do not like... Health and Safety suddenly becomes an important issue...

If a woman dies after her coat gets caught in escalators do we scream for a banning of coats?

Woman dies when caught in subway escalator

This is a tragic accident that some people wish to exploit for their political and/or personal beliefs...

If you want to discuss banning hijab... fine... but do not do it under the pretence of health and safety. This thread is so transparent especially when you consider the undertone of hatred in some of the replies so far... disgusting!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
The hypocrisy of people is amazing... Normally people are screaming about our nanny state, and health and safety gone mad, until it suits them... Once they can use health and safety to bang over the head of a particular group they do not like... Health and Safety suddenly becomes an important issue...

If a woman dies after her coat gets caught in escalators do we scream for a banning of coats?

This is a tragic accident that some people wish to exploit for their political and/or personal beliefs...

If you want to discuss banning hijab... fine... but do not do it under the pretence of health and safety. This thread is so transparent especially when you consider the undertone of hatred in some of the replies so far... disgusting!!!

At the end of the day, she did something thoughtless and paid the price.

Would you moan if you didn't wear a seatbelt, was involved in an accident and got hurt?

Got over it!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I wonder if the family will sue the track owner.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

You wear a coat for a reason, you take it off and put an overall on if you go into a go-kart[same for the scarff], you take off your clothes and scarff when you go into a pool etc!... i guess you don't understand what this also is about, this is not the first time someone submitted to these crazy religious norms and got killed/died for it[pffff is that an understatement]....Wake up fool!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Foppezao]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join