It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Civilization on Earth Made the Pacific Ocean look like a face of a Primate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Since when did civilizations "make" oceans?

More importantly, I thought ATS has measures to prevent banned members from creating a new account under a different name??

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Check this out, soz about the bad cropping, but you get the picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ec4a9313f0b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Complete with the eye, and the horn. Back when those continents were closer together these beasts are what ruled the earth.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i know that on steve colberts show....there are pentagrams (satanic-upside down stars) sliding up the screen thats behind him.....somebody must have said something to him because they have hidden the bottom point of the stars....never the less there are pentagrams.....as far as the daily show...i love it...and the chimp coastline...who knows there may be something to it...stranger things have happened in this reality..

WOW Teacher i didnt know you started this thread till i re-read it again...i remember you waay back in 2006...with a thread talking about language and words and where they came from and how they have other meanings than what we think....amazing thread and has stayed with me thru the years.....amazing stuff et.....

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Now that is pretty neat.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Since when did civilizations "make" oceans?

Since when did your opinions define what civilizations are capable of?

More importantly, I thought ATS has measures to prevent banned members from creating a new account under a different name??

The screen name Esoteric Teacher was NEVER banned.

But, after years of trying to retrieve a password for Esoteric Teacher it was easier to create a new profile, which i admit i was upset i couldn't retrieve access to an existing account with ATS.

so, no banned member created a new account.
a previous member was forced to abandon an existing account for a new one, and the new username was banned.

*** As for the negative feedback, perhaps ATS would be more enjoyable and better subject matter if some users weren.t in the habit of putting down existing ideas and subject matter people choose to share.

I know the mods and higher ups at ATS know enough about me to perhaps not ban me and my ORIGINAL account.

if people choose to judge the subject matter by judging the person, then judge away!

from 1987 to 1998 i worked with developmentally dissabled children and their direct care.
from 1998 to 2009 i was in the United States Air Force, primarily as a firefighter.

if a person is judged on their actions, and what they choose to do with their lives then how terrible of a person can i be?

I'm selective concerning the information i choose to share, but this doesn't neccesarily mean that i am holding back information, or knowlingly participationg in any dissinformation.

And, thanks for remembering some of my posts.

now, sidestepping the negative feedback which doesn't pertain to the subject matter...

DO YOU think the possibility exists that it is not a coincidence that the pacific ocean resembles our closest earthly relatives?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Perhaps you can enlighten us then on which civilisations were capable of terraforming on the scale of a whole Ocean which covers 50% of the planet ?

And couldn't you just have "bumped" your old thread ?

Oh and polarwarriors image is awesome!

[edit on 11/4/10 by Discotech]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Perhaps you can enlighten us then on which civilisations were capable of terraforming on the scale of a whole Ocean which covers 50% of the planet ?

Have you heard of the scientific term Occam's Razer?
The simplist answer is usually the correct answer.

So based upon your knowledge of life on earth, your only comparrison, and your knowledge of the terrain/topography of all other planets you know ....

what you are proposing is that the ENTIRE Eastern Pacific Coastline so closely resembles this planet's most "advanced" life form with absolutley no intelligent intervention whatsoever????

Is this what you are proposing is the truth?
Your math doesn't add up. But, i can't totally refute the possibility that it is merely coincidental. Which i guess proves i may be a little more open minded to possibilities.

And couldn't you just have "bumped" your old thread ?

thought the discussion would be more fruitful in this forum. I suppose i could have bothered a mod to move it.

Oh and polarwarriors image is awesome!

i can't dissagree. i can see how other parts of the world might also demonstrate familiar characteristics, i just see the primates face more clearly on a flat world map than other things.

it may require some level of imagination, but imagination is sort of hand in hand with intelligence, i think.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Have you heard of the scientific term Occam's Razer?
The simplist answer is usually the correct answer.

Except the world isn't flat like the map you're looking at, in reality it's round so the idea of a civilisation terraforming half of the planet to look like a primate is dumbfounded as it only looks like an ape (in your opinion, not mine) on a flat map

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacherit may require some level of imagination, but imagination is sort of hand in hand with intelligence, i think.

So you're trying to claim anyone who disagrees with you, lack imagination and therefore has a lesser intelligence than yourself ?

All it is, is en.wikipedia.org... nothing more nothing less

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'd like to point out, that interestingly some saw the bear and some saw the monkey. This is an example of left and right brained people I think. In similar images, left brained people see one thing, right brained another, and both hemispheres can see both images. For example:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a798bcc1f60.gif[/atsimg]

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning counter-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

I see her turning clockwise, I cannot make her turn counter-clockwise, still going to keep trying though lol.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This thread is completely off topic. Ink blots and faces in the clouds
would have been the proper venue. Not a gigantic water mass.

... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or counter-clockwise?

I see it both ways. It changes by itself. Or I can scroll down and back up to change it myself.
Ok now I'm getting motion sickness, everything is spinning both ways. What does that mean?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

There was a whole C2C show on stuff like that, I remember it from a long drive home one night. Each Ocean was an Image.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I keep trying to get her to change direction, but I get distracted..........

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I see it both ways. It changes by itself. Or I can scroll down and back up to change it myself.

Yeah I first saw it clockwise then scrolled down, could still see her feet and she changed direction to anti-clockwise, each scroll down results in a change in direction. Does this mean we use both sides of our brain equally ?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I don't know ,I think I'm gonna throw -up.
Or maybe no. 2 line
Wow I seriously can't look at that any more.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacherit may require some level of imagination, but imagination is sort of hand in hand with intelligence, i think.

So you're trying to claim anyone who disagrees with you, lack imagination and therefore has a lesser intelligence than yourself ?

i was claiming no such thing. perhaps you jumped to a conclusion.
i said "it may require some level of imagination" and that imagination is sort of hand in hand with intelligence, i think.

i think this becasue every advance in science was first considered science fiction during the question "What if ..." .

it is difficult to find any scientific FACT that was not first SCIENCE FICTION and therefore Imagination plays a part in sciences' advances in knowledge.

If you took it as a belittling statement, it wasn't meant as such. Just my opinion. I'm pretty sure everyone i meet knows something i don't know. Therefore everyone i share words with i'm sure i can learn something from them.

that is what "Teacher" means to me. someone who shares. And as for the student in me, we are all on the same boat (earth) and learning the same stuff as we go along. All be it from different angles, the individual in us.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

ATS 2010 should provide a few options to help us wade through the garbage a little easier. I really like having a page for the top rated posters. A way to find my favorite authors, and make sure that months don't go by before i realize that someone like Protoplasmic Traveller had made an epic thread that i missed.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Before we can discuss you seeing a monkey in the ocean, i want to establish your sanity.

My pleasure Doctor Bigfatfurrytexan. What kind of doctor are you, may i ask?

here is a bit of my philosophy concerning a system you support and may even believe is "freedom" in texas:

friends don't tell friends that there will be so many rules and laws to our friendship that you can't even live long enough to know all the rules and laws.
family doesn't talk to family that way either.

So as an american if you are not a friend or family, what are you? a patriot?

Do you support a system where there are so many laws and rules that one never lives long enough to learn the rules, let alone start playing "the game".

Seriously, if all the supreme court justices, and the senators, and all the representatives, essentially all the law makers, and put them into a building with all the luxeries they would need, all the paper and pencils they would need, and not let them out until they wrote verbadim all existing laws, do you think they would live long enough to write them down?

and yet you participate in a society where every child born can never learn all the expectations placed upon them in order to just be a member of society.

So Doctor Bigfatfurrytexan,
is texas free? or are you a member of a crazy society?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join