It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien-gods and Atlantean warriors in Meso-American civilizations.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Fair doo's, i understand that and should of put in brackets in my post, the emotions i were feelings while writing it.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
The problem with threads like these, starting right from the OP which is completely defunct of any logical thinking and continuing throughout with posts simply stating how much they are in awe of the information that has been presented, is that fundamental errors are platformed of which only greater fallacies can be added on.

Let's not forget the fingers-in-the-ears attitude of some of the posters here, whining that people dare disagree with the premise of the thread or misinformed statements. They are trying to shield themselves from exercising critical thought, more concerned about clinging to their beliefs than examining truths.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by serbsta
The problem with threads like these, starting right from the OP which is completely defunct of any logical thinking and continuing throughout with posts simply stating how much they are in awe of the information that has been presented, is that fundamental errors are platformed of which only greater fallacies can be added on.

Let's not forget the fingers-in-the-ears attitude of some of the posters here, whining that people dare disagree with the premise of the thread or misinformed statements. They are trying to shield themselves from exercising critical thought, more concerned about clinging to their beliefs than examining truths.

Not always the case of people defending themselves, its the stuck up posts what are in reply to peoples posts. You probably say this because you get this reaction, well thats because you provoke them to 'shield' themselves. It's the words you use.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Not always the case of people defending themselves, its the stuck up posts what are in reply to peoples posts. You probably say this because you get this reaction, well thats because you provoke them to 'shield' themselves. It's the words you use.

And here I thought you had me on ignore.

If pointing out flaws in logic, questioning spurious claims or outright fallacies and asking for evidence makes me stuck up, then it is a badge I will wear with pleasure.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
If pointing out flaws in logic, questioning spurious claims or outright fallacies and asking for evidence makes me stuck up, then it is a badge I will wear with pleasure.
Right, and you never suffer from same, eh?

UFO cynics are funny when they think they are being rational. The irrational rationalists, heh, I forgot who coined that.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
UFO cynics are funny when they think they are being rational. The irrational rationalists, heh, I forgot who coined that.

I love you, Jclmavg. Strong. But a cynic, I am not.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I just saw some guys reaction to you, so i just wanted to say i agree to him. Bye now.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Everyone has an opinion.

I don't chime in on UFO's in this thread, I don't know enough and don't care enough to debate the finer points of MJ12, for example.

However, I am well-versed in some ancient history and some prehistory. So I come over here to talk about that.

Myself, I find DoomsdayRex to be as an oasis in a desert of ignorance, each pronouncement like a cool breeze on a fevered brow.

You find so many people in this section that are (or seem to be) right on the very edge of psychoses.

A voice of sanity is like a cool drink on a hot day.

I wish he'd stop by in the Ancient Civilizations section and take up some of the burden there.

It's hard going these days without HansLune, Cormac MacAirt, Marduk, Nygden, and so many others that have left that section over the years because of the frustrations involved, or for whatever reason.

Harte

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Perhaps we should get back to discussing ancient astronauts instead of other members, and the substances of the individual posts instead of whining because someone may disagree.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi again
When the Mayan wrote down sentences it was ART, therefore when I mentioned the Spacecraft Stele Of Pakal's tomb it is a picture and there art also contained there writings. They have a left to right, top to bottom system of writing/drawing. e.g

A
I found a few but as the whole Mayan Alphabet is still a mystery and the fact I don't know how to translate the language, I thought I'd just make a point.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Bravo to you, I said the same thing without pix not long ago and got laughed at! Nice to see validation from peers.
I also have connections between these and the great white brotherhood....which has NOTHING to do with races and everything to do with an ancient races of intelligent beings who lived here.
Also a connection of these and eastern mysicism religions

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by hoghead cheese

By the way, if any skeptic can tell me how they where able to cut the massive Baalbek stone from the base of the quarry I would like to know.

I'd imagine they used the same quarrying techniques used by their predecessors...Egyptians, Greeks, Sumerians etc. These same techniques would be used for hundreds more years too.

Fair enough - Now, how to transport it, had it never cracked and needed to be moved? (or, is this Aswan I'm thinking of? Something like 150T, or something ridiculous)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I believe aliens used there techonolgy to help the ancients to build theses fantastic structures.Devices like a lazer cutter and a gravator device were used to cut and move very large stones.A lazer cutter which also contains exsact cutting measurements with angeled dimentinal memory.A hand held device that can move stones that weight up to 300 tonns.The gravator works by effecting the gravity field around a object.It can make a 300 tonn rock to hover above the ground so you can then move the rock to another location.Its a slow process but large rocks like this can be moved miles in one day.Did the egyptians used these devices too.The aliens proberly used other devices that they used on humans like the bioscan device.Another hand held device that can detect any medical problems in humans and fix them straight away.Everything from cancer to genetic disorders could be fixed straight away.
Sadly when the aliens left they took there device with them.The aliens will proberly used theses devices on other worlds to help other ancient beings and humans.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

I have studied that tomb lid too and believe its a image of a space craft.Its actually a rocket type space ship simlar to the satun five rocket but much more advanced.If you look at the top of the rocket you will see three devices that are the same.Possibley these may be a force generator to help to protect the rocket travling at fast speeds and getting into orbit.The rocket engien down the bottom looks like a two stage rocket deliverly systerm again simlar to the satun five rocket engiens.In reallity this space ship was only used to get the alien in to orbit proberly to dock with another space craft in orbit and to land on planets.Just like in star trek and other space movies many aliens used to park there major spacecraft in orbit around a planet and decend in another smaller shutter or rocket.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Fair enough - Now, how to transport it, had it never cracked and needed to be moved? (or, is this Aswan I'm thinking of? Something like 150T, or something ridiculous)

800 tons!

They moved it some 700 metres down the hill. The Romans used windlasses and animals to shift these big stones according to records of their techniques. They mucked in too. The point that gets people is the weight.

Let's not forget that the Romans were removing obelisks from Egypt and erecting them in Rome. St Peter's Basilica obelisk is an estimated 340 tons and it was transported 100s of miles. 800 tons for half a mile seems less 'unwordly' in this light. The technology available to 14th Century Rome in erecting a 340ton obelisk was much the same as available to Egyptians and Romans.

The Romans were at Baalbek for decades. There's no reason to believe they moved this bad-ass in a week...they'd take as much time as needed.

It is impressive, no doubting that. Most of my spiel around here is just trying to put the credit for achievement with the guys who did it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Alien-gods and Atlantean warriors in Meso-American civilizations.

Hi OP,

They seen, they sketched and they built. But?, what did they see. Funny thing about the ancients, their ancient. Absolutely Wonderful Thread !

Decoy

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Hi Harte,

I know Sitchin's views are a bit dodgy, however i am sure either Oxford or Cambridge university scholars have translated the very same tablets with more or less the same translation of sitchin... i will digg out the source for you to see what you think. (just had a quick look but cant find it, i am sure i got the link from this site though)

Can you help me with the source where you got the info from stating that we have been misled and the sumerians have never said beings came from the stars?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I am still sticking with they saw Humans, just more advanced than they were - for the time being anyway

[edit on 15/4/10 by Lucifer84]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
i haven't heard what that rocket thing is made of.

is it carved rock?

nice thread!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The Romans were at Baalbek for decades. There's no reason to believe they moved this bad-ass in a week...they'd take as much time as needed.

Counting the Byzantine Empire, the Romans were at Baalbek for centuries, from 64 BCE (Pompey Magnus annexed Syria) to the defeat of the Byzantine by a Muslim army in the mid 7th Century.

But you are right, Baalbek was not constructed overnight or even in a short period. The Romans spent two decades building and modifying the temple complex there. In fact, Heliopolis' economy was dependent on the construction.

Baalbek may seem an odd choice for Rome to build their greatest temple complex, but it makes sense when seen through Roman eyes. It is not the far-flung place we think of it today. Baalbek was situated in Syria, a strategically important province, both economically and militarily. It was an Imperial province, meaning it was directly controlled by the emperor; the fortunes as the provinces enriched the emperors in both money and prestige. Baalbek itself lay on important trade-routes East, the beginning (or end) of the Silk Road to Han China.

It is impressive, no doubting that. Most of my spiel around here is just trying to put the credit for achievement with the guys who did it.

On of my life's passions is the Roman Empire; I understand the feeling.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer84
reply to post by Harte

Hi Harte,

I know Sitchin's views are a bit dodgy, however i am sure either Oxford or Cambridge university scholars have translated the very same tablets with more or less the same translation of sitchin...

There can be no question about this, it's certain that their translations are similar to what Sitchin says.

That is, however, easily explained by the fact tha Sitchin used their translations!

Sitchin cannot read cuneiform. IIRC, he has in fact never claimed that he could. He took a few legitimate translations and took out some words and put in words of his own.

You can find the Enuma Elish and other Mesopotamian texts at Sacred-Texts.com

Re what the Sumerians claimed about their gods, let me recommend Michael Heiser's website. Don't have time right now to call it up on google for you - it used to be Sitchiniswrong.com

Harte

[edit on 4/15/2010 by Harte]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join