It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twelve Die As Troops, Protesters Clash In Bangkok

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Twelve Die As Troops, Protesters Clash In Bangkok

www.reuters.com

BANGKOK, April 10 (Reuters) - Thai troops fired rubber bullets and tear gas at thousands of demonstrators, who fought back with guns, grenades and petrol bombs in riots that killed 12 people, Bangkok's worst political violence in 18 years.

At least 521 people, including 64 soldiers and police, were were wounded in the fighting near the Phan Fah bridge and Rajdumnoen Road in Bangkok's old quarter, a protest base near government buildings and the regional U.N. headquarters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Damn - my other home nation is in flames, I wish to be there now with my wife and daughter!

One month went well and government could hold down all violence, now situation is going fast from bad to worst. Three of deaths are soldiers!!! Damned.

That means there is no more demonstrations, but civil war!!!

Oh, those beautifull and kind people... I was a year ago with them in occupied airports as usually only foreigner, when government was changed. I almost die in one of those attacks made by reds, but we win... The King of Thailand and wins with us.

My heart goes with government and its "yellow" side in there! Hold on my loved ones, and as a soldier it pumps up to my mind - if it gets too bad - I will fly to you my family very soon and join the fight against redshirts.

Long live the king!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Update from Bangkokpost:

15 dead, 678 injured in clash

Four of dead are police and military staff!

www.bangkokpost.com...

Pics from latest clashes!

www.bangkokpost.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

new topics

join