It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ladies and Gentlemen..presenting...the YikeBike!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Since light travels considerably faster than sound does, visual recognition of motorcyclists through lighting and gear will generally convey a faster response than sound will.

Especially as far as today's sound insulated vehicles are concerned.

The UK performed a test of cyclists wearing WHITE helmets and found a significant reduction in accidents/fatalities.

In fact their findings were:

A rider wearing a plain white helmet rather than a black one reduces his or her chance of collision by 24%[12] because it is so much more visible – day or night.

There's No need for loud and noisy bikes, that's exactly why all motorcycles come equipped with horns.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Looks ok.

To me it looks lazy and uncomfortable, and I would feel like I would fall if I hit bumps on the raod etc lol.

I'd prefer to run home or bike. But it doesn seem ineteresting, and may be fun, I;ll keep my eye on it

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I agree the design has a way to go. In time we will have cheaper options that suit any given situation.

I mean some of us may only need to travel 6 miles, other 25miles. some may have hills and kerbs, while other may be on flat bike paths.

Like some of you have said, there are some better designs that travel further, and it won't be long before they get it right, and for an affordable price.

I think if this design were more affordable, it would certainly work in the right situation. Take the Netherlands for example :- the whole country is flat and built for bicycle use with great bike paths over the whole country. this sort of thing would work a treat there.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by grantbeed]

Yeah your right, I used bike to travel everywhere when I went there, it's so great the space they give for bikers. And the ground is SOOO flat there.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join