It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian press reports -- alien cemetery found in Ruanda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Russian-language press is full of accounts today of a story from Africa claiming a 500-year-old cemetery of space aliens exists in Ruanda – more than 200 bodies buried in groups of 5, each about 7 feet tall, big heads but lacking mouths, noses, eyes, etc.

The story is attributed to a Swiss anthropologist named UGO DETI in Cyrillic, probably Hugo something-or-other in Latin letters.

I can’t find anything searching English-language news, so perhaps it’s an old story suddenly reborn in Russia, or a Russian news hoax.

Here are some typical links. No pictures.

evrazia.org...
www.uznayvse.ru...
www.internovosti.ru...
www.day.az...
www.aquaexpert.ru...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
hmm wonder what the government will say about this

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TÖP_BÜZzËR
hmm wonder what the government will say about this

I suspect the response will be a unoffical "LOL"
offically it will be completely ignored.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I believe it is old news.
I remember reading similar articles a few years ago.

None the less, it's still very interesting and I don't care if it's old. S & F

Lets search for some pictures !

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I used Babelfish Russian to English translation and saw that the source is
Weekly World News.
www.day.az...
uk.babelfish.yahoo.com...

This bogus tabloid is located in LA.
nuf said.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yea ! Not one web page is in English, there are no picture and the Link in the Middle is full of maleware of some kind.. My pc almost crashed 3 times in just seconds.....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
weeklyworldnews.com...

ETA: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
this story keeps popping up OP. Haven't been able to substantiate it. It appeared 3-4 mnts back. If the Swiss scienticist doesn't have english articles on the net I'd say hoax. I

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I use Kapersky for my firewall and PC Tools as my anti-Spyware. I found that the reference to one of the sources is the weekly world news

ps
you still haven't put your hair up in a pony tail?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yeah world weekly news is horrible; it is funny to look at the things posted there. When I first actually went on it, I thought it was a legitimate news source for alternative/paranormal news. Boy was I wrong...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Russian-language press is full of accounts today of a story from Africa claiming a 500-year-old cemetery of space aliens exists in Ruanda – more than 200 bodies buried in groups of 5, each about 7 feet tall, big heads but lacking mouths, noses, eyes, etc.

The story is attributed to a Swiss anthropologist named UGO DETI in Cyrillic, probably Hugo something-or-other in Latin letters.

I can’t find anything searching English-language news, so perhaps it’s an old story suddenly reborn in Russia, or a Russian news hoax.

Here are some typical links. No pictures.

evrazia.org...
www.uznayvse.ru...
www.internovosti.ru...
www.day.az...
www.aquaexpert.ru...

We've had archeological finds in North America of giant skeletal remains discovered during the early to mid 1800's... with lots of examples available for research. Scroll down 1/3 of the way in the link below.

Ancient Giants of North America...

These skeletal remains were excavated in different States near ancient mounds located around the country... an example of which is offered in the below link.

The Great Serpent Mound

[edit on 10/4/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Jeez, you've got to be kidding. Can anyone even think this is real for a second?

Interesting how discoveries like this are always somewhere no one would want to go and confirm for themselves. Why can't they ever find an alien burial ground on Maui or St. Barts?

FAKE

Probably an April Fool's latecomer that's just now making the rounds.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You have to wonder about the credibility of a site that reports the country Rwanda as, Ruanda

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
You have to wonder about the credibility of a site that reports the country Rwanda as, Ruanda

I wonder about you... Transliterating geographic names across different alphabets is a constant challenge. Ease up on snarkiness....

'Weekly World News' -- I hadn't noticed that datum but I agree it's a very tell-tale clue about the source (or lack of any) of the claim. Good work!!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I could have sworn there was a thread here last year on something similar except the photos of the alleged buried aliens showed stone tablets grouped together! It was greeted as a big joke.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by The Shrike]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Good find JimOberg
, this story pops up from time to time with no more data.
Seach results here:

Zelong.

new topics

top topics

join