It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing Experiment! **RESULTS**

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
*Results here*

Remote viewing (RV) is the ability to gather information about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means or extra-sensory perception or sensing with mind. Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.
Wikipedia

As far as I know there have indeed been experiments like this in the past on ATS but there isn’t one underway right now as far as I’m aware and as I’m very curious as to what the results of something like this could be especially since on ATS being the site is it there is such a wide variety of people most of whom seem to be at least interested in this or apart of this type of subject (more so than most places anyway) so I thought it would be a good idea to simply create my own experiment and hopefully come across some interesting results.

I’m also hoping that this can be (at the very least) quite a fun experiment to try out and hopefully it’ll eventually turn into somewhat of a fascinating one as well with lots of members getting accurate hits to what I shave situated here.

Ok now so I have a total of 3 Objects here that I have purposefully picked just for this experiment and I have now placed on my desk directly to the left of my computer screen.

I’ve also took pictures of what they are prior to starting this thread which I have already sent to a Moderator (who agreed to let me send them before posting of course) via U2U.

The items will remain in the same spot for the duration on this experiment which I’m also planning on leaving for exactly 1 month (Although it could depend on how many people post) before posting the pictures I have took.

Also it gives a long enough time to get enough results and hopefully plenty of accurate hits and then I’ll post the pictures that I have taken.

So please do try and be as specific as possible in any and all of your predictions and post anything else that you pick up so you can post as many times as you want and as I have already said I really do look forward to seeing if anyone actually does get a genuine hit.

Thank You.

EDIT TO ADD: The experiment will officially be over at exactly 10/05/2010 (10th May 2010) At 6:16 PM

All posts after that time will not count towards the experiment.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Rising Against]

EDIT TO ADD: Per Member Request Via U2U: It is recommended that people do try to avoid reading other members posts in this thread before posting yourself to avoid being influenced by their answers.

Also it is recommended that you don’t simply guess but instead attempt a genuine remote viewing attempt.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by TheBorg]

title edit by request

[edit on 11/5/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My spider sense is telling me a bottle, a clock and a statue of an elephant.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A pen, a CD case, and a cofee mug. Wild guess haha, but I'm looking forward to see if anyone can actually do this. I have been interested in this, however have not tried to learn it yet. It's one of those things on my to do lists in life. Until then, not really sure if i believe it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

but I'm looking forward to see if anyone can actually do this.

Same here, I’m fascinated with the idea of a big group of people all coming up with the same things so if that happens then it'll be really interesting.

BTW i'm not going to comment on what's being said so far as it may influence people and that's all I’m saying from any more 'predictions'

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thats actually a really good idea to not comment on the previous prediction, as that may influence the next persons reply. Great way to keep this experiment completly unbiased. If it were me, I would've said yes/no right away and already have influenced the experiment.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is a really cool idea, I think ill give this a try right now. And hope I dont fail miserably.

Im seeing something brown and ceramic, like a sculpture of an animal or something.

Thats all I see for now. Ill probably come back and post again if I get anything else.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Wow! Just wow! The first thing i saw was an Elephant. There's also a bottle of some kind, and i see a strap or something made of maybe leather (are you kinky?) thats around too! Its small and round.

I hope i get a hit!

Nice thread!
S&F

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

and i see a strap or something made of maybe leather (are you kinky?)

.....Not saying nothing people!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Three months is too long.

Three days would be a lot better, because you simply will loose your crowd and their interest in the project after about 3 days. People like to be rewarded quickly if they are right, and they want to know if they are wrong quickly also.

Besides, the interested ones will want to see how they did and try again; great project though.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Exactly my thoughts as well that's why I wasn't 100% sure on going for that long but then again i personally think 3 days is by far too short to get a real test out of this.

Maybe shorten it to around a month or 2 possibly or if people would like maybe something slightly shorter than that if needs be.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Excellent idea for an experiment!

I may try this when life cools down a little bit so I can focus properly like I used to.

One of my most unsettling moments was when I had projected myself onto another chair that was facing mine across a coffee table. After a few hours of concentration I got a single "frame" that I'll never forget... seeing myself in that short snippet was spooky enough to shake me out of meditation and not seriously move forward with my efforts to utilize this ability.

Gives me chills at this moment... akin to looking at myself as a corpse because my actual perception was based in the opposite chair!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I think a week in a half-two weeks would be perfect. I think a month is a little too long, as most people won't even see this thread by then. In three months, im sure i myself will have completly forgot to come back here and check the status.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm thinking a book of a whitish colour, a sculpture/model of a spaceship and a cup of some sort.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Intentions

I'm not so sure tbh, I really want to create a great experiment here so i think it needs a bit of time to make itself so.

Also i'll U2U everyone who seems to have gotten some sort of a Hit (and yes there may be alot but it's my experiment so work must be done
)

I'll add a specific time to the Opening Post for when the experiment will be over and i'll provide a link to the post where i post the pictures of the items i took which a MOD has as well right now) but i'm not going to go under as Month i'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Good thread idea, it will be interesting to see the results. I'll have to give it a try. IMHO after four weeks I would have to evaluate and see if the interest has faded or if people are throwing crap against the wall to see if it sticks.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HombreAlone

I agree and that is indeed a nice idea.

And if people are just posting random stuff or just posting chat instead of posts for the experiment then I’ll consider bringing it down a bit more but for now I think a month is a suitable amount of time to get enough predictions for a great test.

AI just hope we get a lot of great in depth accurate hits.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
- lighter
- some sort of remote control
- my mums..... huh!? WHAT!?

- just kidding, last but not least a ring. (as in jewelry)

(btw i'm just guessing)

[edit on 10-4-2010 by kn0wh0w]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A can of coke, a book in red and white, and a cookie or a toy of sometkind like a little car.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

an apple an orange a key

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

- my mums..... huh!? WHAT!?

You people sicken me!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join