It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashtabula County: Judge tells residents to "Arm themselves"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

whether he should use his limited budget to carry out obligations defined by law or put more patrol cars on the streets.

"I just can't do it anymore," he said. "I have to have the court explain to the commissioners and to me what my statutory duties are."

The Ashtabula County Jail has confined as many as 140 prisoners. It now houses only 30 because of reductions in the staff of corrections officers.

All told, 700 accused criminals are on a waiting list to serve time in the jail.

Are there dangerous people free among the 700 who cannot be locked up?

"There probably are," Sheriff Johnson said, "but I'm telling you, any known violent criminal, we're housing them. We've got murderers in there."

Ashtabula County is the largest county in Ohio by land area.

Ashtabula County Common Pleas Judge Alfred Mackey was asked what residents should do to protect themselves and their families with the severe cutback in law enforcement.

"Arm themselves," the judge said. "Be very careful, be vigilant, get in touch with your neighbors, because we're going to have to look after each other."

Ashtabula County gun dealers and firearms instructors tell WKYC their business has really picked up since the Sheriff's Department cutbacks began some months ago.
www.wkyc.com...

I have no idea if this term has been popularized at all but I thought about all of the shiznet going down across N.A. and I came up with the idea of "poverty creep".

This would be a good example as the tax payers who pay for protection are no longer getting protection.

Think about that and concern yourself with the organic nature of power.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I am COMPLETELY COOL WITH THIS JUDGE!

They just need to reduce the taxes accordingly (since the people now handle most issues themselves).

This needs to be extended nationwide!

Great story

sandf!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Arm and start a militia to protect yourselves and neighbors--be very-very-very careful with guns so as to be the safest you can be.
One question though is WHY are you not armed already??

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ashtabula County is pretty rural, but not to far from the Cleavland Akron area if I recall correctly it borders them. All in all, when you go out into the country areas of Ohio, like most country in the US, finding judges like this isn't that surprising. It might surprise the city folk that a judge would make such a statement.. but to the people of Ashtabula County it's probably common sense. At least they can know that when they shoot that burglar in the dead of night, the judge told them to do it.

top topics

join