It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junior Florida Republican Party staffer had $1.3 million charged to party credit card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

She was a 25-year-old junior staffer when the Florida Republican Party gave her an American Express card. Over the next 2½ years, nearly $1.3 million in charges wound up on Melanie Phister's AmEx — $40,000 at a London hotel....

her credit card records, obtained by the St. Petersburg Times and Miami Herald, offer the latest behind-the-scenes look at extravagant and free-wheeling spending by the party touting fiscal restraint.

Full Story

Wow!
Talk about earning some extra bonus points. I think she may eligible for a new Toaster oven.
IF I was a contributor to RNC (when Pigs take flight) I'd be outraged. Probably happens in both parties but: Rule #1: If you are going to be reckless, just don't get caught!

But in all fairness...It was a PARTY Credit Card.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

$1,300,000.00 spent over a 2 and a half year period...

...none of that out of pocket...

Time to submit a resume!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
She nearly topples Michael Steele's spendings!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

When I first read your post, I thought you wrote topless and referring to this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps she is due for some plastic surgery. i.e. Cut up her credit cards. A one woman stimulus package.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
+++++ UPDATE +++++++

From continuing investigation:

Florida House leaders lived big on GOP plastic.

In all, about $458,000 in AmEx charges like these were racked up by former House Speaker Marco Rubio, his now-indicted successor Ray Sansom, and the man set to lead the chamber in November, Dean Cannon, according to a St. Petersburg Times/Miami Herald computer analysis of Republican Party of Florida charge card statements for nearly two years ending in 2009.

The part-time lawmakers paid for little of it. Republican Party donors, mostly corporate interests seeking favorable legislation from lawmakers, picked up the bulk of it.

Source

Ironic that Republicans enjoy living-large on other people's money (OPM) and yet chastise others for doing same. Fiscal responsibility?

BTW, Ain't trolling. I live in The Sunshine State so this story is of keen interest to me.

Would you like cash back?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

join