It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro hate Group are Liberal Democrats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
This is way beyond free speech--I've heard that they are usually 1000 feet but that's still too close. There has to be a way to stop these people from harrasment without giving up any of our rights.

This statement in itself is troubling. There is NO constitutional right NOT to be harrassed. Freedom of speech is ABSOLUTE or nothing.

There is NO RIGHT to public funnerals.........

Westboro for all the horror and warts is a good thing. It does still show the first amendment hasnt been completely killed yet......but it is coming....the entire concept of 'hate speech" is the first step at strangeling the 1st amendment.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

I agree, though not as wholeheartedly as I would like... Where does his right to spew his vile hate mongering end, and others rights to assemble peacefully to mourn and bury their dead loved ones? To say he has gone beyond the pale would be to understate it significantly...

I'm not sure how much you know about the "Rev." Phelps and his merry band of haters, but this link should help you get started, should you be so inclined...

Fred Phelps and family...

He's a con man, not a man of God... ...as he has every right to "preach" his hate, I have every right to expose him for what he is...

...he is a con man using society's bias' against us...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I just did a phone interview with Tom Metzger for a college paper. I thought it was really cool of him to give me an interview. I mostly asked him about his formation of the Klan Border Patrol in the 70's, since my paper has to do with illegal immigration and racism. He is really open to interviews, and I was surprised at how nice and intelligent he seemed.To clear one thing up, he loudly protests that he is not a white supremacist, but a white separatist, though he did tell me that "the idea that all races are created equal, is a myth...a lie" (sounds supremacist to me?) He also is not associated with any white supremacy group anymore, but operates under a "lone wolf" system. Also, I am not a racist, I just thought it would be interesting for my paper and was grateful that he agreed to interview with me, and was surprised that he didnt sound like the usual idiot skinhead, though I clearly don't share his opinions on a lot of things. Just thought you guys might find this interesting.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

I suppose there's some truth in that movie "American History X", the old guy pulling the strings while the young, angry skinheads have their rock concert on his front lawn...or something like that. Interesting post none the less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join