learn more

Revelation; Silence in heaven

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I wish so much I could convince you that there is only one way to the father, to rest, purpose, love. The rest is up to the Holy Spirit. There is just one way my friend; through the lamb, through submission to the Son, Yeshua.

There is no amount of pain, sorrow, love, kindness, or gifts that earn you redemption.

However, I respect you, and your God given right of choice. Does your belief system have a name, title?
edit on 10-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

On the question of "how best to interpret", I'll just say briefly that my real aim has always been to work through what the writer himself would have thought he meant, and make that the starting point.
I think that "what the author meant" is the most legitimate way of interpreting any piece of literature.
In the case of Revelation, that probably rules out interpretations based on modern theories of pychology, whether western or "chakra", and favours the assumption that he was responding tp the current persecution of the church and giving a metaphorical description of God's response.

In as much as there should be a starting point somewhere...this always remains an assumption of what One thinks the author means/t...interpreting a piece of literature thus does not make it any more legitimate than any other form of interpretation...
In the case of revelation, One could not rule out interpretations of modern psychology...whether he/they were responding to what they thought was an 'angel' is not a 'theory' confined to the modern era...to discount this would be a grave mistake...the persecution of the church seems a better fit, without the fire and brimstone (john hasn't been getting much sleep these past few weeks) dragons and dungeons episode...

Cheers
A99

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I wish so much I could convince you that there is only one way to the father, to rest, purpose, love. The rest is up to the Holy Spirit. There is just one way my friend; through the lamb, through submission to the Son, Yeshua.

There is no amount of pain, sorrow, love, kindness, or gifts that earn you redemption.

However, I respect you, and your God given right of choice. Does your belief system have a name, title?
edit on 10-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

No...there are several ways...save your convincing for when you will need it for yourself...after remembering a random conversation you had on ATS...when you meet those develish monsters in the bardos, that you created here in this life (but I hope you don't)...the rest is up to you...take responsibility!

Redemption requires that One needs to be redeemed from something (usually personally impacted)...that psychological trick comes direct from the mouth of a FABRICATOR...

However, I respect you...and that most brilliant of conferred gifts (so little understood - especially it seems by you) the God given right of choice...

Cheers
A99

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join