It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Silence in heaven

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I wish so much I could convince you that there is only one way to the father, to rest, purpose, love. The rest is up to the Holy Spirit. There is just one way my friend; through the lamb, through submission to the Son, Yeshua.

There is no amount of pain, sorrow, love, kindness, or gifts that earn you redemption.

However, I respect you, and your God given right of choice. Does your belief system have a name, title?
edit on 10-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

On the question of "how best to interpret", I'll just say briefly that my real aim has always been to work through what the writer himself would have thought he meant, and make that the starting point.
I think that "what the author meant" is the most legitimate way of interpreting any piece of literature.
In the case of Revelation, that probably rules out interpretations based on modern theories of pychology, whether western or "chakra", and favours the assumption that he was responding tp the current persecution of the church and giving a metaphorical description of God's response.

In as much as there should be a starting point somewhere...this always remains an assumption of what One thinks the author means/t...interpreting a piece of literature thus does not make it any more legitimate than any other form of interpretation...
In the case of revelation, One could not rule out interpretations of modern psychology...whether he/they were responding to what they thought was an 'angel' is not a 'theory' confined to the modern era...to discount this would be a grave mistake...the persecution of the church seems a better fit, without the fire and brimstone (john hasn't been getting much sleep these past few weeks) dragons and dungeons episode...

Cheers
A99

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

I wish so much I could convince you that there is only one way to the father, to rest, purpose, love. The rest is up to the Holy Spirit. There is just one way my friend; through the lamb, through submission to the Son, Yeshua.

There is no amount of pain, sorrow, love, kindness, or gifts that earn you redemption.

However, I respect you, and your God given right of choice. Does your belief system have a name, title?
edit on 10-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

No...there are several ways...save your convincing for when you will need it for yourself...after remembering a random conversation you had on ATS...when you meet those develish monsters in the bardos, that you created here in this life (but I hope you don't)...the rest is up to you...take responsibility!

Redemption requires that One needs to be redeemed from something (usually personally impacted)...that psychological trick comes direct from the mouth of a FABRICATOR...

However, I respect you...and that most brilliant of conferred gifts (so little understood - especially it seems by you) the God given right of choice...

Cheers
A99

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A reminder because of current interest in Revelation.

This thread is historic, in its way. Apart from my intro, this was my first thread on ATS. As the opening salvo in a series on Revelation, it heralded a year of late-night argument that nearly killed me. Those Californians had no respect for my bedtime.

This is also the thread with the most visible internet footprint outside ATS. I have seen it quoted with approval on at least one other forum. For several months, it was the top item in Google searches on the phrase "silence in heaven", and it remained on the first page for two or three years after that. Not because I was the searcher, because my other threads never got the same treatment.

So I think I've got reason to be proud of this title.

posted on Dec, 20 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This certainly has relevance with the talk of the Great Reset and the idea about a current global hegemony being ushered in using the coronavirus as an excuse to destroy economies and take control internationally overriding nation-states and sovereignty.

The first beast might be a system as much as a personification of the devil, and the system itself is evil and inspired by the beast and used then when the second beast, the man, takes power to establish his reign of ultimate control.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
(Legal Answer "?")

REVELATION 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninshubur

The Babylonian Goddess, features the Retrograde Motion of Jupiter..............you don't need to listen to the opinion of a college or a university..............this retrograde motion................astropro.com/features/tables/geo/ju-sta/ju-sta09.html

The Retrograde Motion of Jupiter, cyclically, will provide us with "2 year groupings".....................

"The Jupiter Effect 1982" ++++++ 30 Years for "half hour of revelation" ======== 12/21/2012 the Galactic Center Alignment of our earth's sun.

(Thinking) (Zero Error)

The Statement from the Book of Revelation is "half hour", the comparative statement from the Book of Revelation is "One Hour":::::::::::::@
(Humanity has no value with God, its accusation of dead flesh, those genetic lines/tribes removed from the book of revelation, is your accusation)
(The Son of Man only has Value with God, not Humanity, not this Earth, perhaps not this creation also..............this will be resolved soon............we may talk more later)

Halley's Comet 2061 A.D. -------- 1 Hour of Revelation ======== 9/11/2001 Falling Man Moses
The Jupiter Effect 1982 ************ My Birth Year ========== Half Hour to 12/21/2020 Galactic Alignment of Earth's Sun

(The Relationship are based, legally, in part on real figures set against the Great Conjunction of Jupiter.............@@@@@@@@@@ for example as was said...........Great Conjuntion of Jupiter and @pproximately 666 days to the Birthday of the Son of Man in 1982)
edit on 22-12-2020 by oiamaou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: oiamaou
Are you related to memeray, who appeared on my bumped "Souls under the altar" thread? Something about the style, which an habitual thread-writer tends to notice.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: oiamaou
Are you related to memeray, who appeared on my bumped "Souls under the altar" thread? Something about the style, which an habitual thread-writer tends to notice.

(Reply)

We stated recently that "Ram Bahadur Bomjan", the buddha boy..............Claimed he revealed his identity, Shoko Asahara, and his plans to go to the Planet Jupiter@@@@@@@@@@@at date other then we stated @ the Great Conjunction of 12/21/2020 which failed (however there is no error in the information)............for that reason he is now evading the authorities in another country, perhaps. (until God reacts, regardless if there is more information or not, the legality is reserved, until the action of god, either god takes an action or god takes no action).
edit on 22-12-2020 by oiamaou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This thread series was being run ten years ago. I keep thinking it needs to be revived, especially since it might now be regarded as topical

(Should any member of ATS happen to be a publisher, they might be interested in the book-length manuscript)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've always heard that the silence is a dramatic pause

everything stops and we take a moment to contemplate and recharge our mental batteries.

I heard someone describe the tribulation thusly; first half will be the wrath of man (antiChrist), second half Wrath of God.

thanks Disraeli for the postings. very thought-conducive.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I also always had the impression of a very dramatic pause
just just before an epic crescendo of the last age. The Bible
is the most amazing book on Earth. It is truly alive, full of
truth and the silence would certainly be a fitting dramatic
touch. Worthy of our Fathers glory.

edit on 16-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I think that's about accurate in many ways.

I tend to believe that for the most part, we see the workings of God in the natural world. He plays by the rules he laid down in nature. Sure, He can move them for His purpose, but he tends to stay within the bounds. It's when He doesn't that we talk about miracles - things that clearly violate the laws of nature or so nearly that they may as well do so.

It's an expression of His love for us that He *does not* move Heaven and Earth, though He could. He knows creation needs stability in order to thrive.

So it's when things get Biblical (so to speak) that we know it's all going down and the end is really coming. The laws of the universe/nature aren't broken without consequence, but in His wrath He will. No one will be able to deny His working and His existence (not without looking like the fools they are). There is a reason why those days must be shortened for the sake of the living and that the Earth must be made anew.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This series was being run ten years ago. Perhaps it is now becoming topical again.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join