It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"By Faith Alone" you shall be saved....the great LIE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
How many TV preachers tell thousands all they need do is have "faith alone" and believe, and they shall be saved. How many believe the lie that they will be raptured away from the tribuation to come because of this "faith alone". That one need not follow the law of Moses nor have any works to show thier faith. Yet this is selective keeping of scripture for their own end.....to steal both your money and your soul....

Listen to James....the brother of Christ....James 5:

17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Yes this is the same James that "saul/paul" murdered......

And Jesus in Revelation 20 says......

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

and Revelation 22:

13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The point here is to learn, study, read the bible for yourself, ask God for help in understanding for the time of the tribulation is very, very near. When things are rough the false christ will hold out his hand and say "follow me", you don't need to understand the bible nor do the commandments. I will fly you away from all things...

When a Tv preacher asks for MONEY or tells you FAITH alone will save you RUN as fast as you can.....When a priest tells you to "pray to mary or saint whoever" RUN. When your IMAM tells you the koran is truth RUN......Or when BUDA tells you to meditate...RUN...........

Soon, very soon, they world will scream "babylon is fallen" speaking of Washington DC and america....

The "faith of Jesus" was to obey his fathers commandments...........and do his will....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

James is saying that, essentially, works will accompany faith and that a faith without accompanying works is a useless faith. "Useless" is what the Greek word means. It's by our works that we're justified before man, not before God.

Abraham was counted as righteous before God apart from works. Genesis 15.6:

And he [Abraham] believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Throughout the Bible, it is seen that people are justified before God apart from works. That said, if someone has truly repented and come to God, the fruit will be shown.

Where'd you get that?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Actually, no, it's not. The book of James is believed to have been written by James, the brother of Jesus. Paul participated in the murder of Stephen in Acts 7, but James, the brother of John was martyred after Paul was converted. James, the brother of Jesus, was martyred even after that.

The Bible says it is by grace through faith we are saved, that no man should boast. At the same time, it says that we can be friends of Jesus -- if we do His will. We can be His friend, so long as we realize He is also Lord.

We are called into relationship with Him. It is not by works, but by relationship -- this is how Christ was able to say that at the judgment there will be those who say they prophesied in His name, but He will say begone from me, for I did not know you.

If it were by works, then Christ lied when He told the thief crucified with Him that on this day you will be with me in paradise after he asked Christ to remember him. That thief believed. Then he died. Christ said he'd be with Him in paradise.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
works is faith. That's what christ meant.

You can't say i believe and sit around on the couch all day eating chips saying forget works.

It's all in the same category.

faith without works are dead.

works without faith are dead.

and JJ the reason the theif went to heaven is because his penance replaced his works he couldn't fullfill on the cross.

peace.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The prerequisite of going to Heaven is believing. Read John 3:16.
If I become a brand new Christian and die a few hours later, I'm going to be with Jesus.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I salute your message, and wish you would continue to post more.....

another under the SDA banner

top topics

join