It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to all people(not Americans).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Most people who are not even American know alot about American politics. So here is my questions.

1. Why do you even care to know about American politics?
2. What do you think is wrong with the political philosophies of American politics?
3. Why do you think American politics is rather ignorant towards foreign nations?

If you would like to add anything go ahead.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
We learn about that stuff in school and we like to bitch about other countries so that we don't have look at our selves.

Not everyone in germany is interested in worldwide politics...some of us laugh at americans cause we think you're not even able to find your own country on a map.but some of us wear blinders too.

but I think it's important to know stuff about a country that has such a huge effect on the world like the states.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Explanation: S&F!

1] I like to percieve things Globally! IMO its good to get an Eye in the Sky POV! Be Aware so that we are not scared!

2] IMO its because they don't act Locally often enough! Practice and Preparation makes Perfect! Be Able so that we can all have a seat at the table!

3] IMO its because they don't feel Internally often enough! Walk a mile in another man's shoes! Belong and Be Fair so that we can all dream a song and go there!

Personal Disclosure: OL is an Australian!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

American politics affect the entire world.. not just you.
And besides that, Im quite interested to see what goes on in the US, as I know its on the verge... of something..

2. What do you think is wrong with the political philosophies of American politics?

Promote useless bills & Destroy your rights first - ask questions later.

3. Why do you think American politics is rather ignorant towards foreign nations?

The real foreign affairs goes on behind the scenes, all the rest is just a show. simple as that.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Most people who are not even American know alot about American politics. So here is my questions.

So you dont want to have American opinions ON American politics? That doesnt make any sense. You should ask Americans what we think about our country and what is going on..

Short answer everything is wrong with our political system....greed, corruption you name it. I care because this is my home!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Q. Why do you even care to know about American politics?

A. Because they will affect us too since the game the US foregin politics are playing is apparently called "With us or Against us". And we all know what happens when they come to "spread a lil' freedom".
The US foregin politics are all about sustaining the "American way" which demands more resources than the US can produce. Thus, they must inflict their ways onto others to make ends meet in that quest instead of understanding their limitations.

Q. What do you think is wrong with the political philosophies of American politics?

A. The problem is that their main objective is to serve their "world-eating" way of life with no care for the consequences. And if you are not keen on selling all you have to the lowest price...better prepare for the steel rain.

Q. Why do you think American politics is rather ignorant towards foreign nations?

A. Tradition, I guess. And up until 9/11 it worked pretty well.
When you have one of the mightiest fighting forces in the world, why bother using silk gloves? Diplomacy served from the barrel of a gun is much faster and more efficient. Also a heck more ignorant, but it doesn't seem to bother them all too much.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

we all know that. he wanted to narrow it down closer to facts; not blind patriotism or blind anarchism

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'm just going to respond to your 3rd question and ask why you appear to feel those who are interested in Ameican politics also feel American poltics is ignorant towards foreign nations?

Is that a feeling you get from the ATS/Web? or not quite what you meant in your questions???

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

saginaw and detroit are to rife with gang wars, drug wars, and we have no jobs. we also love hockey too much for me to consider this america. lol

. Why do you even care to know about American politics?

i actually never even tried while bush was president. when obama came around politics became a reality tv show...not only because he's a media 'whore' (only part of him being a puppet that is 100% true to me) and the parties role reversed. conservatives acting like hippies, liberals...patriotic.
i've pretty much gave up on politics. keep up on it but its mostly useless. hopefully palin runs 2012! too much irony; i have to vote for her...hahaha.

Q. What do you think is wrong with the political philosophies of American politics?

well the right doesn't have a political philosophy; abortion and religion mean nothing to politics...and taxes and government are both necessary for a government to run well...i'm a pretty conservative person for being 'against' religion, but only in a moral way. in summary, they are the traditionalists, in a country were tradition is dead.

the left is even more mind boggling to me. they are certain they know what to do, yet they are too big of wusses to push it.

so christian traditionalists vs. christian 'new agers'.

Q. Why do you think American politics is rather ignorant towards foreign nations?

i think its worse than ignorance. we're corrupted with power

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

It is important to keep abreast of what the Empire is up to , something my ancestors no doubt had to do too ...... whether the Empire was Roman British or American .

When you are not often heard ..... you quietly observe .
Small nations pay particular attention to the playground bullies .

===============================================

300+ million .... grains of sand trying to pass through the narrow of an hourglass . i.e two party system .
Though i can see the fears that if America disappeared down the road of multi party system it could conceivable fracture. With the peoples of ethnicity currying favour from `their` party - for `their people`.
Much easier to control such a diverse population with a two party system .
Rather than choosing who best suits your values etc ....You vote just to make sure `that other crowd don`t win` .
Championing the lesser of the two evils .

I don`t think American politics are ignorant of foreign nations per se- its just with such a military behemoth & (formerly) economic power house , the tendency was to perhaps go over rather than around any difficulties. Just because you could .

Also....
Large land mass / 300 + million pop. / Variety of cultures within your borders & the means to experience foreign culture without leaving your state or couch = represents insular bliss for many.

The cynic in me might add , there my be a residual trace of American Exceptionalism still found within the ranks of your modern day puritans who cling to the American myth .

All nations require myth to bind its peoples ~ `its narrative `~ ..... that goes doubly for a young nation drawn from such a diverse base of world cultures .
Hence the particular fervour for flags hymns, creeds, codes, colours and just about every kind of social glue conceivable - to hold your nation together. Which the U.S.A has managed to do and thrived in the process .

As an Irishman i take pride in my nations not unsubstantial contribution to your nation since its inception . I sure many other members share the sentiment.

Three cheers for the projection of Soft Power !

Hip Hip

Hurrah !

Hip Hip

Hurrah !

Hip Hip

Now please don`t assimilate me !

[edit on 10-4-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Honestly I think they are rhetorical questions, but lets go:

1. Obviously the fate of world wide is attached to fate of the most powerful nation, currently.
2. What is wrong in US politics is that the Illuminati Freemasonry owns the government. They ARE the government, actually. The fate of USA depends on the occult rituals of masons. I think that really there's an occult world government pulling the strings of all nation's governments and if some NWO is upcoming, most likely they are using Obama as a scapegoat to set up some domestic ethnic war, install martial law and take down american democracy. The rest of the world will fall down like a domino effect.
3. The american politics aren't ignorant about foreign nations. They just DON'T CARE about them.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Whether you realize it , or want to accept it , or admit it , the hidden-hand that writes American foreign policy and manipulates American politics is the same hand that implements and directs the politics and foreign-policies of numerous nations around the globe .

I am sick of those of you who set back and suggest that the ills of the world are solely the responsibility and burden of the American people .

If you really want to change the world and make it a better place , then clean the skeletons out of your own closets before telling us to clean house .

No , America is not perfect , and I deplore a lot of stuff that our government does , but what gives you the right to condemn and ridicule us as a people ?

If it weren't for America a lot of you would not have it as good as you do .

Like us or not , we are ALWAYS the first ones on the scene to provide assistance in the event of some natural disaster , no matter the location .

Although I disagree with a lot , if not most , of the decisions that direct our military to various locations around the globe , I also realize that there are times that it has to be done .

If it weren't for the United States of America a lot of you would not even exist as a nation .

How about posting the name of your country so that I can educate you about all of it's downfalls and short-comings ?

I am an American and I am proud of it . We may fight and disagree amongst ourselves over what it would take to be a better nation , but we certainly don't need someone half a world away pointing their finger at us and telling us what improvements we need to make .

Apparently , we must be a better nation than yours , otherwise we wouldn't have carried you as long as we have .

Americans have dug deep into their own pockets every time one of you meely-mouth nations have needed assisstance .

Best thing that you can do is correct your own faults before judging us .

America ROCKS . If you can't run with the Big Dog , then stay on the porch !

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here's my stab at it. American-ism is pan-global, every corner of the world is influenced by American social structures. Politics is a convenient frame of reference, a pillar of human society, one obviousl facet of our shared mythology we refer to as reality. The only thing wrong with American or any other politics is that humanity serves the beast, not the other way around. There are no political philosophies that are truly sound in terms of serving humanity as a whole IMO because all of them are developed intellectually and implemented by frail human characters.

Now I'd like to address the third point. Americans are far more isolationist than many parts of the world. We are far less likely to have passports, much less have to get new ones due to overuse. For all the rhetoric, maybe ten percent have actual life experience with foreign culture. And the fact America is the most media driven youth oriented consumerist society on the planet doesn't help one bit to understand how the rest of the world interacts with itself.

gj

edit add italics, foreign as in overseas (clarify)

[edit on 10-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Misoir

Whether you realize it , or want to accept it , or admit it , the hidden-hand that writes American foreign policy and manipulates American politics is the same hand that implements and directs the politics and foreign-policies of numerous nations around the globe .

It might be like that, yes. But what has it to do with the questions in the OP?

I am sick of those of you who set back and suggest that the ills of the world are solely the responsibility and burden of the American people .

Who made this claim?
The question was about politics and as many of us knows, the citizens of USA have very little influence over their government; for better and worse...

If you really want to change the world and make it a better place , then clean the skeletons out of your own closets before telling us to clean house .

You understand that this works the other way aroud too, ey?

No , America is not perfect , and I deplore a lot of stuff that our government does , but what gives you the right to condemn and ridicule us as a people ?

Oh, rant on, will you! This has nothing to do with the subject.
Cry me a river, man...

If it weren't for America a lot of you would not have it as good as you do .

Like us or not , we are ALWAYS the first ones on the scene to provide assistance in the event of some natural disaster , no matter the location .

I hate to pull this card but....can you show me some stats on that?
Or, forget it. It doesn't matter.

Although I disagree with a lot , if not most , of the decisions that direct our military to various locations around the globe , I also realize that there are times that it has to be done .

"Has" to be done?
Like what? When?
Not flaming you straight off on this one, at least not until you have clarified that statement.

If it weren't for the United States of America a lot of you would not even exist as a nation .

How about; if it wasn't for the people who went overseas to set up colonies, not long ago, there would not be a USA? Helloooo?

How about posting the name of your country so that I can educate you about all of it's downfalls and short-comings ?

Apparently , we must be a better nation than yours , otherwise we wouldn't have carried you as long as we have .

Americans have dug deep into their own pockets every time one of you meely-mouth nations have needed assisstance .

Best thing that you can do is correct your own faults before judging us .

America ROCKS . If you can't run with the Big Dog , then stay on the porch !

Oh, here we go...

Don't wave your flag too hard, your arm will be sore the morning after.

Juding from the quote above, I reckon you are of young age, maybe not very well educated, but I might be wrong.
I assume that you are not a politician (and, hope to God, never will be) but this kind of attitude would answer questions 1 and 2 pretty well.

Besides, you didn't read the headline of this thread very well, did you?

Sorry for thread drifting...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That's right, let's slam America. Those of you from Germany, how would yopu l;ike it if you had absolutely no military of any sort? Well, you can thank America for your military since our tax dollars pay for your military.
What about all the money spent for various natural disasters? Yep, taxes from Americans.
If I were the president, any nation or people group that said they disliked America, I would support their right to feel that way. And since they dislike us so much, I would not offend them by sending aid, buying or selling products or allowing businesses to deal with that country. Basically, I would adhere to a strict seperatist policy.
If you don't like the US, fine. But you must then deny yourself of any and all perks you may receive as a result of American generosity. I know that the original question was about politics, but I can read between the lines.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Whatever. I have no say or influence over the politics in America. Not many of us do. We just happen to live here.

new topics

top topics

join