It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

BREAKING: President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

news.bbc.co.uk

A plane carrying Polish President Lech Kaczynski has crashed near a Russian airport, officials say.

Russian media reported that 87 people were killed in the crash, but it is not yet known if anyone survived.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

The plane was reportedly heading to an airport in the western city of Smolensk when it crashed.

Mr Kaczynski was due to visit Smolensk to mark the 70th anniversary of the Katyn massacre, when Soviet troops killed thousands of Poles.

Just breaking, no further details available yet.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wow, that's pretty huge news. Any ATSr's who can provide analysis of this situation? Any reason anyone would want him dead? Who will replace him and what would that mean to Poland? To U.S. interests?

UPDATE: I just checked the weather in that area, and it appears to be cold, but no serious weather to speak of, just partly cloudy and no precipitation.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Nevermind, I thought this was the other kysg contry...

second line.

[edit on 10/4/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
it looks suspicious.

there were several other "senior government officials" on board and the president himself is known for being controversial.

Though I would like for this to be an accident, it just feels weird. you'd think a plane carrying someone that important would/should be in good shape.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

A thread has already been started.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would like to state since most people will skip the above link and keep posting anyways, I am going to add; WW3 Started back in Desert Storm.

Will this be an accident or a political assassination for WW3 retaliation, I think not.

It may just add more fuel to the flames of war though.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There is already an ongoing discussion on this story, located here. Please continue the discussion there.

Thread Closed.

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

new topics

top topics

join