It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane carrying Polish president Lech Kaczynski crashes near Russian airport, CONFIRMED DEAD

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
BBc news just suggested that the plane was advised by Control in Moscow to divert to there, but the pilot made the approcah anyway.

Even in heavy fog , i still cant understand how he could have gone down like that, either his equipment was incorrectly calibrated

ie, setting ground level on the altimetre 10 metres below its true height

or

Inccorect coordinates for the airport, GPS malfunction, it could have been anything.

IF it is an assasination attempt, i would go for the incorrectly set altimetre, the pilot wouldnt likely notice during the flight.
Whatever it is, it is a sad day for Poland.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i don't think russians would assasinate most of Polish government in a russian-made plane on russian soil while landing on a russian airport...

on the other hand, i don't think US agencies would mind blaming this on the Russians, and if this really is the same plane that was in Prague few days ago, they would have the perfect opportunity to sabotage it...

either way, i think it's pretty clear where this is going... they're going to blame it on the pilots, because they're dead and can't defend themselves...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Isn't there a name for the practice of splitting key personell when traveling.
I know most big corporations and Govt's make a point of putting their key people on different planes in case of an accident like this.

Whether targeted or accidental it seems very odd that an entire delegation of crucial people were on the same plane.

For instance I know the top execs of Anglo American never fly together. I don't think the top execs of Coke will travel together.
It just makes a decapitation all the more likely.

I find this really incredibly odd. Especially if those planes were such a deathtrap.
Why have so many eggs in one basket?

link   
I just woke up and read this tragical news!

My deepest condolences to the Polish people.

Our sympathy goes to all affected families of this tragedy.

Warm regards from a neighbouring country across the Baltic sea.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Chevalerous]

link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Thats very interresting what is happening simultaniously in past USSR states these days, but are these events really anyhow related to each others? Idea is most disturbing. We have to remember that these "elected" leaders of EU are mostly just puppets for driving party policies, without having any absolut power by them self. Anyone who have visited Poland in past ten years can see with their own eyes the high influence of German corporation and banks building that country.

Poland is in EU - I see thats also why we cant compare eastern european states to Asian or Caucasus states, where is still something to gain for Russia.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
latest news -

Pilot error is suspected as a cause in the crash Saturday in western Russia of the plane carrying President Lech Kaczynski and other top Polish officials, Russian news agencies reported.

The cause of the plane crash was apparently an error by the crew during the approach to landing," Russian state news agency RIA Novosti quoted an unnamed official in the Russian region of Smolensk as saying

www.hindustantimes.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by grantbeed]

Unfortunately that piece is just an opinion that is no more informed than what we've already read and written on here. It takes months and sometimes years to determine the cause of an aircraft accident. Yes, it does sound likely, but that's all at this point.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Latest article on Australian news website news.com.au says no survivors.

'No survivors' as Polish President Lech Kaczynski's plane crashes in Russia

AS many as 132 people, including Polish President Lech Kaczynski, his wife and other Polish officials, were killed Saturday when their plane crashed in heavy fog as it came in to land at Smolensk airport, western Russia.

Polish and Russian officials said there were no survivors when the jet crashed. News agencies reported there were at least 85 passengers aboard the plane - with some reports saying as many as 132 had died.

"It clipped the tops of the trees, crashed down and broke into pieces," the governor of the Smolensk region, Sergei Antufiev, told Russia-24 television news network.

Best of wishes to the families and friends affected by this tragedy.

[edit on 10/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Some interesting analysis from a Pole...

Here are some facts:
- This model of Tupolev cannot be teard apart like a paper by some trees. Especially not when flying with landing speed.
- Ammount of fuel on board of the Plane wasn't sufficent to make such a strong explosion.
- There are no witnesses, that actually seen the happening. (strange, it was near russian military airport)
- No media has said a word about black box! Noone even mentioned it.
- No rescue action were taken by russian authorities.
- Special investigation will be presided by Lord Vladimir P.
- On the place, there was more specnaz soldiers than firemans, and not even one lifeguard.

Interesting for sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is interesting:
wyborcza.pl...

It's in Polish, so I'll translate the interesting part:

"Andriej Jevsiejenkov, spokeperson of the Smolenks's mayor has told that the airport tower recommended the presidential plane to land in Minsk, Belarus and the participants then to arrive by car, but the pilots and the president decided to land anyway, despite bad weather.

A military expert told 'Gazeta" that 30 minutes before the landing of the presidential airplane on the Sieviernyj airport, a milirary IL-76 plane from Moscow, carrying a unit of Federal Protection Service [I most likely translated it wrong, but it's somewhat similar to Secret Service], was also landing. They made two attepts but eventually returned to Moscow's Wnukowo airport"

Seems it was a human error on part of Polish pilots

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by potential_problem

List of you have lost is just awful - I am very sorry about your lost!

Thank You,
respect, Sir.
---
So far, lack of ILS and fog may be taken as main purpose, it's too early to say.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by potential_problem]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

Can I ask you, why are you so hostile against Russia? - First you blame Putin and then you all Russians, how we cant trust them. I am sorry about your blind hate, it wont help you see behind the curtains.

Respect and never under estimate your enemies.

I cant see what Russia could win with this accident, and even thinking to make something like this in their own soil is just crazy - and when lookin actions of Mr Putin, he has acted very smart and carefully with in all his moves. He wins wars in tables, when others are fighting those in endless quaqmires.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Just a contrast between America and Poland in terms of travel.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by order in chaos
Apparently, there were many parliamentarians, ministers, commanders of Polish Navy, Land forces and Special Forces et.c in the plane along with the president himself. So basically, we can say that almost entire government of Poland was in that plane.

I bet they think that was a pretty silly idea in hindsight. Who puts the fate of a entire nation in the hands of an airplane?

I really wonder what contingency they can possibly have for a continuance of government when the very people they would have required for that just died in this tragedy.

In public they may try and move quickly to try and assure people they're still in control but they'll be crippled for months after this. Certainly not a good situation I do wonder if the Polish will have the ability to maintain stability after this crisis.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Now if in the next 3 months Saakasvilli is overthrown, this would be a huge red flag...

And Putin leading the investigation? REALLY? Sick.

If they were more open about it it would kill suspicion, but they are doing the exact opposite of what should be done in regard to transparency.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This tragedy is touching me already. My first reaction was anger on Russians, but this not their fault. What we know now it that this couldn't be their fault. The pilot trays to land fev times in very hard weather condition before the airplane crashed.

The history is repeating in this place in twisted and macabre way. Once more elite of the country died in the same place. There is something evil in this place.

I can't find a words on that what i feel.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by odyseusz]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedParty
BBc news just suggested that the plane was advised by Control in Moscow to divert to there, but the pilot made the approcah anyway.

Even in heavy fog , i still cant understand how he could have gone down like that, either his equipment was incorrectly calibrated

ie, setting ground level on the altimetre 10 metres below its true height

or

Inccorect coordinates for the airport, GPS malfunction, it could have been anything.

IF it is an assasination attempt, i would go for the incorrectly set altimetre, the pilot wouldnt likely notice during the flight.
Whatever it is, it is a sad day for Poland.

The altimeter settings are checked and rechecked a fair few times during the flight. Air traffic control gives the setting for approach and landing. So not a likely cause. ILS equipment on the ground can easily be tampered with to make it give a false reading. And reset to read correctly afterwards. The fact that another plane elected to divert, means nothing, as it may have had as much to do with plausible denial as with the weather.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The black box flight recorder holds the crucial key to the cause of the plane crash.

The worst case scenario is that the Russians retrieve the black box first, then take it somewhere for analysis while keeping it secret from the media, because they know it is the piece of incriminating evidence that could potentially indict the TPTB as the culprits behind Kaczynski's 'assassination'.

The best case scenario is that the black box flight recorder is recovered by Polish agents and taken back to Warsaw for analysis, again, because they know it is the piece of incriminating evidence that could potentially indict the TPTB as the culprits behind Kaczynski's 'assassination'.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by NoHierarchy

WW3 is already here, it started in Desert Storm with Daddy Bush Sr. and Cheney. Just so you know.

Going by these sorts of War on Terror criteria this would then be WW4, with the Cold War as WW3. Wasn't Poland supposed to be one of the 'missile defence shield' sites?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by bartolas]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just saw this on the news... all dead...

I havnt read all the posts but was the President disliked? The Reign? coz the whole of the office were killed on the flight...

Flagged

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join