It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane carrying Polish president Lech Kaczynski crashes near Russian airport, CONFIRMED DEAD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I'm shocked. I can't say I really liked the guy, but he was making or trying to make some good decisions. He was against the Lisbon Treaty, and stuff like that. Got a lot of sympathy from me thanks to that.

It's really devastating, the amount of people crucial to the country died. And I agree - why so many people on one plane? Perhaps because we had only one government plane and an old one?

I don't know. There's footage of the crash site on Polish TV. Gotta tell a friend to record it.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I don't believe in coincidences. I've seen too much in my life to believe in them.

No way the entire ANTI-RUSSIAN POLISH GOVERNMENT is killed in a RUSSIAN plane accident IN RUSSIA, the SAME MONTH that they deploy AN ANTI-MISSILE SHIELD ON RUSSIA'S BORDER, which RUSSIA SEES AS AN EXISTENTIAL THREAT.

I mean, HOW MANY TIMES THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENED IN HISTORY? None that's what.

Sorry but this kind of coincidence, no way in hell.

I believe it was an assassination. Call me a kook, anti-Russian I don't care. As smart and cunning as Putin is, I'm sure he's capable of it.

What will probably happen : In the medias, for the public : it was an accident.
On the terrain : More troops, more military deals, more NATO activities in Europe. More support for Georgia Saakasvilli.

The big factor in this is BREZINSKI. Guess what.

Brezinski is POLISH. He's an Obama ADVISOR. HE HATES RUSSIA WITH ALL HIS GUTS.

I'm sure he's gonna go berseck over this.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There are some reports on TV right now saying about a witness hearing two explosions. Can't find any web link to confirm.

CNN International isn't showing anything about this, only a short mention in the news bar in the bottom of the screen. That's almost offending

edit - Russia Today online: freetubetv.net...

[edit on 10/4/2010 by relu84]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Just saw this on SBS.

I believe this was an assassination, especially considering what others have mentioned including the missile shield and anti-Russia feelings this president and others had.

The dense fog and clipping trees - is that confirmable? Because I know that they wouldn't want to blatently broadcast any conspiracy theories until they have evidence?

*shrugs*

Time will tell I guess.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Watching RT now via satellite... horrendous crash site.

According to them, there were 132 others on board.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Always wise my friend.

I agree.

Something is not right in this and I have a feeling this is part of a bigger scheme.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Why did the Poles have so many important people on one plane. It's never a good idea, considering politicians have many enemies.

Unfortunately many of polish politicians until now thought that they are bullet prove super heroes. Not long ago Lech Kaczynski was ruining with Georgian president somewhere on the Russian border during the war. Polish politician are crazy to flay by old Russian planes which remembers deep soviet times and should be withdrawer 20 years ago. 5 years ago polish prime minister Leszek Miller crashed in helicopter and survived. They didn't do anything to give better safety for polish politicians. On the beginning in early nineties they didn't withdraw that planes because there was no money for the new one but the time has changed. No one in fact understand why the old planes were still being repaired despite it was more expansive than buying new one.

It is good news for Russians because everybody expected that sooner or later one of the government aeroplanes would fall and made a mes killing president ore prime minister. Flying by this plane was great recklessness.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by odyseusz]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Because it happened in Russia, does that mean that ALL the investigation will be done by Russian authorities?

link   
To the guy who mentionned WITNESSES AND EXPLOSION, that would debunk the FOG explanation!

Polish govt to hold special meeting on plane crash

The Polish government will hold an extraordinary meeting later on Saturday, the government press office said in a statement, after the aircraft carrying the Polish president crashed in Smolensk and reports said there were no survivors.

The central bank governor was also on the plane, which Russian news agencies said had 132 people on board.

So since the central bank guy is dead, will Polish treasuries bonds be hit? That could bring uncertainty to the Polish economy, and since they are already on the brink of bankruptcy...

link   
It is really a shame that both Kaczynski brothers are dead as i understand.
I am not polish , but as i see things they did great things for Poland , the economic growth is visible , the stood up against the anti missile shields against the US and didn't give up until they got what they wanted for their people , they stood up against the Lisbon treaty.

I believe that most leaders are corrupt and are drawn in obscure activities , but some of them are also thinking at the people they represent and i believe that the Kaczynski brothers were that kind of leaders.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions of blaming the russians of anyone else for that matter. We will see if this was an accident or not just by following the repercussions of this event . If this was all just a script for a new war you can blame the ones who will declare the war or one of their alies .

If not it's just a tragic event and i am truly sorry because polish people lost a great leader and europe lost a great model.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My honest first thoughts where that as he was anti-Lisbon that may have had something to do with it.. If the UK went down an anti-Lisbon route, I'm guessing the UK would have had firm support from Poland.

Anyway, this reminds me of the Hamas made for TV assasination.. like that assasination, something just isn't right and just doesn't add up in my mind.

To blame Russia appears TOO obvious.. tho somethimes the obvious is also the truth.. OH well.. I don't know, just wanted to add my speculation..

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Poland is also a member of the EU.

This could be the US or the Russians, if its an attempt to further weaken the EU...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Just saw this on SBS.

I believe this was an assassination, especially considering what others have mentioned including the missile shield and anti-Russia feelings this president and others had.

The dense fog and clipping trees - is that confirmable? Because I know that they wouldn't want to blatently broadcast any conspiracy theories until they have evidence?

*shrugs*

Time will tell I guess.

It sounds like someone altered the altimeter reading. It would have had to be gradual, perhaps while they were descending so that the pilot and co-pilot would not notice. I wonder if that could be done remotely?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Regarding the explosions - the witness claimed he/she heard them shortly _after_ the plane hit the trees with one of the wings. So it may not contradict the official fog explanation.

BTW, doesn't the wreckage look too... spread around?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Was it a Polish owned and operated flight?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Because it happened in Russia, does that mean that ALL the investigation will be done by Russian authorities?

Even if not they would poses all evidences from the crash site. Everything is joining into perfectly prepared action.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

link   
First let me be the voice of all members of ATS that our hearts go out to all of our Polish friends for their devestating loss.

Then let me say that I am sincerely saddened by the loss of so many lives, add to that they are heads of state and other high ranking members of their great nation.

I don't want to enter any doom and gloom predictions because we need to sit back, evaluate the situation, and wait on further details before we jump to conclusions.

link   
Breaking: three people supposedly found alive.

edit - looking for a link to confirm

[edit on 10/4/2010 by relu84]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

After its first attempt to land, the plane made a turn and scraped the tree tops after which it crashed and caught fire. The fire was put out immediately by the Russian rescue services, yet the final is tragic.

The Polish media confirmed that besides President Kaczinsky and his wife, there were also Ministers and the director of the National Institute of National Remembrance on board. The list of passengers had not been confirmed yet, but it is certain that it refers to President Kaczinsky, his wife and other prominent figures and ministers

www.focus-fen.net...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join