It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane carrying Polish president Lech Kaczynski crashes near Russian airport, CONFIRMED DEAD

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the families of those affected, including Polish citizens.

I really hope that this was just a terrible accident, and not something more sinister. Part of me can't help looking at this from a conspiracy angle, though, especially when I look at how truly screwed up a place the world has become today.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Vitchilo

I knew we would go down the road of people saying he hated russia, but you do know that people die sometimes, and planes crash.

But of course there are tensions, and i for one do not want nato putting those radar things in poland, and i think plenty others do not want either. There are plenty of risks in doing that, and your just asking for problems. Nato should stay away from russias border full stop.

But you should respect that this person just died, and plane crashes do occur, but i know why you would jump to conclusions.

nuff said.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Remember the movie Die Hard 2 ? When they recalibrated ILS ?

Putin is looking into it.

Although it probably was an accident, and not state sponsored terrorism.

What a tragedy for Poland.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
This sounds as tho it could turn nasty, whole plane of dignitaries goes down..

I'm sure Russia didn't do it, but am also sure a lot of people will think they did.

for the post and updates

Wait a minute. You are on a conspiracy theory site and you are yet you are sure the Russians did not do it?

Pro-Western Polish leaders are on the way to commemorate a 1940's slaughter of Polish leadership by the Russians and their plane goes down in Russian. What a coincidence!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I must echo the fact that all of these VIP's traveling on the same flight seems beyond incompetent. I mean it is standard procedure in the corporate world to separate employees on different flights for this very reason. It is hard for me to believe no one considered the possibility of a tragic accident involving heads of state and important officials. In fact I am surprised that the officials didn't refuse to take the same flight.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

It reminds me of the incident in which many of the UK's top anti-terrorism experts were killed in a helicopter crash:

MI5 officers killed in helicopter crash

That too fuelled plenty of conspiracy theories.

It's quite incredible how simple (and frankly obvious) lessons are not learnt from such tragedies.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Leo Strauss

It's quite incredible how simple (and frankly obvious) lessons are not learnt from such tragedies.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Its a very sad incident, considering everyone who died on that plane had a family.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

"Black boxes are secure" LOL Are you serious? Who has these black boxes? RUSSIA. What is the world going to hear from these boxes? Whatever Russia lets them and wants them to hear!

- now listen carefully to Polish experts who will examine its content. If they say there was possibility of any manipulation, they have no full access to the black boxes or crash scene, or something of that sort - I will be the first one to thing about the conspiracy - that is why I have appeared on this forum in the first place.

This is Poland's plane, Poland's tragedy, so Poland should be the ONLY ones in charge of the black boxes, without Russia's involvement

- but the accident was also on Russians soil, there was a Russian air traffic controller involved, Russians may be equaly affraid that our side will accuse them of this accident - so why not work on this together? So far I see declarations of full cooperation - so I am more optimistic than in the morning. So far...

And secondly, your bashing of Poland in general is completely insensitive, childish, and unfounded.

- in one sentence it seemed like I criticized everything in general - but in reality I have more convictions about my country than to fill one or two sentences.

There are many great things about this country and people as well - but the problem is that people mostly thing that everything is great here, including themselves - but the degree to which they believe is mostly inversely proportional to the reality. Are you Polish? Than your blind attitude of how I dare to say anything about this noble country is what I am talking about.

You clearly know nothing about this great country. You should be ashamed of yourself.

- that is right - I am ashamed of myself and many other Polish people besides

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Are the Polish People not decended from Eagles? or Vultures?,

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hello, I've just registered here because somebody gave me the link to this topic. It actually occured to be interesting...

Firstly, thanks for the condolences on the behalf of people of Poland. We really appreciate it.

Secondly, someone asked about the people who haven't flied regardless the fact they were scheduled to do it.
Zofia Kruszynska-Gut felt sick before the departure and she decided to not to fly. Also, some members of the parliament decided to change their seats. I mean, some people weren't in Katyn and asked scheduled people to give them their seats.
I heard that twin brother of Lech Kaczynski was to fly, but he resigned, but I am not sure if it's true. In one article it was said that "there were doubt if Jaroslaw was not at the plane's dashboard.

Thirdly, Polish government has a really BIG BUEUCRACY. That's why these air fleets were not changed to better. Also, there were two planes: with the delegation and journalists. Politicians cannot fly with journalists... and they couldn't go by train. Who goes by train?
If they were to land in Minsk/Moscow, they'd be late. And they were only guests, after all... Or maybe, they could make agreements with Russians...?

It's late, so I'll post longer tomorrow, pardon, today.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Putin to oversee investigation

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk flew to the crash site, where he and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin met and laid flowers together.

Putin has personally taken charge of the investigation into the crash, and he offered his condolences Saturday.

"We have to do everything so that in the shortest time we find out the cause of the tragedy," he said.
CBC

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

- that is right - I am ashamed of myself and many other Polish people besides

Are you Polish? If so, what a SAD example you are. How unfortunate that our country has citizens who are so unpatriotic. I am not talking about your view on this tragedy because I wish nothing more but for this to truly be weather/human error and not Russia's involvement. But what I am talking about is your disrespectable negative attitude towards Poland. If you are Polish, I hope you don't identify yourself as such publicly because you would only be bringing disgrace to this wonderful country.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by polska]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voiceoftreason

Originally posted by order in chaos

The Russian government has although responded very quickly by placing an investigating commission headed by Vladimir Putin himself.

I am afraid that's like putting the fox in charge of an investigation into who raided the henhouse. I do not like the look of this one little bit, and if I were Polish, I would be asking some questions. Someone has already pointed out that this was the perfect decapitation strike.

I agree with your fox / hen house observation, who in their right mind would trust a govt / party leader(s) to oversee an investigation they're a possible suspect?..

Obviously people will see the fallacy in such a ridiculous govt controlled & orchestrated spectacle? who would be dumb enough to think modern day politicians, wholly-owned subsidiaries of banker gangster inc, have an iota of the virtue necessary to unbiasedly investigate themselves? oops, 9/11 commission..

As far as the media et al harping on the plane being 'russian built'.. I think that would be fruitless to belabor .. the manufacturers / spin meisters can point out russian jets are obviously made of tougher more advanced technology that hasn't made it to the USA... where entire airliners vaporize into thin air..

OTOH, perhaps US jetliners ARE more advanced.. manufactured corporate america "lawsuit friendly", designed to eliminate all evidence upon impact.

All of us will probably be left never knowing the exact truth, but history has indicated plane crashes are a convenient, if not 'favorite', assassination / terrorist tactic that leaves lots of plausible denyability, and can be blamed on the boogie man de jure.. looks like another move on the grand chess board.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What do u think the Vaticans take on this will be apparently this guy was succesor to Lech Valesa (?). And we all know who put him in power. John Paul 11.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The link works fine. I had no problem with it. Strange that others are having issues.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Russia is very good at weather manipulation.

Russia is also very good at disposing of political enemies.

Poland was ignorant to have this many leaders on one plane.

It does not matter if its old. Marine One is the oldest navy helicopter in the forces yet the best maintained in the world and also the most reliable.

I would think that someone could have picked up the radio transmission between the tower and the plane no? We all know since it happened in Russia we will never here the truth. I would like to see the NTSB ask permission of the Russians to inspect the plane wreckage and we just may see that if the U.S. suspects foul play, just to see what the Russian response is.

I doubt Russia would have just let this opportunity pass. They had to many enemies they could do away with in one shot to pass it up.

I think Greece will turn to Russia for its financial problems and we have a very eager Russia ready to invade south through Georgia AGAIN to take on Israel at the first chance.

Its all a big game of chess, the next move will be NATOs and you can bet it will be Iran. Israel will be given the green light and then NATO will hang Israel out to dry.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hum.....

Less than 2 two week ago this Korean affair; a boat sunken, then few days later with canon exchanges.

Khirgystan this week.

Today Poland.

A lot of action surrounding Russia these days, isn't ?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The link works fine here in Australia too.
2nd line.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamoverrated
Why does every immediately go straight to WW3?

Why not think... oh damn, I sure hope Poland is going to be alright, seeing as how a lot of their heads of state were just killed in a terrible accident.

Why think of WAR... why not worry about the people this is readily going to affect.

If it's not a spook posting propaganda, it would be some crook doing some money schemes work, if it's not that it would be some no life psycho, if it's not that then some lame ass bstrd earning their "contribution" level.
Watching this despicable guy jumping up and down in a thread over dead peoples bodies probably still warm over some crappy contribution bar under a nickname is to say the least pathetic.
Freakin vultures.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Russia is very good at weather manipulation.

Yes, we have many weather machines ready to carry out Yuri's revenge on the world. I mean the Russian manipulate the weather for God sakes!! Who do you think is to blame for global warming?! Evil Russians

Russia is also very good at disposing of political enemies.

The US has a much better history in that department.

We all know since it happened in Russia we will never here the truth.

Russophobe.

I would like to see the NTSB ask permission of the Russians to inspect the plane wreckage and we just may see that if the U.S. suspects foul play, just to see what the Russian response is.

Ye, why stop there? While the NTSB is there why not invite the Nepal secret services to give their two scents.

I doubt Russia would have just let this opportunity pass. They had to many enemies they could do away with in one shot to pass it up.

And what shot was that? Oh I know: Russian air traffic control pleading the Polish pilot on to keep trying to land over and over again, while cheering him on?

I think Greece will turn to Russia for its financial problems and we have a very eager Russia ready to invade south through Georgia...

How are these two things relevant?

invade south through Georgia AGAIN to take on Israel at the first chance.

Wouldn't they have a heck of a long way south to invade through?

Its all a big game of chess, the next move will be NATOs and you can bet it will be Iran. Israel will be given the green light and then NATO will hang Israel out to dry.

What kind of chess are you smoking?

Regards,
Maestro

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join