It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane carrying Polish president Lech Kaczynski crashes near Russian airport, CONFIRMED DEAD

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I am Polish.
First I think it is necessary to correct some statements/opinions which I found here.
"Your president looked like a great guy. Opposing the Lisbon treaty, giving hope to the polish people and refusing swine flu vaccines. "

It was Polish Health Minister which for some reasons opposed the Swine flu vaccines.
Kaczynski opposed the Lisbon Treaty but it was just a game.
It was He and His brother who was responsible for negotiating the Lisbon Treaty conditions. They even bragged the Treaty was their great success.
Later when he was reluctant with signing the Treaty it was just a game.
He signed it.
I see Him not as a hero but as someone who is guilty of high treason (but not only him).

This tragedy/ accident I see quite different from most or all people.
I see it spiritualy. I see it quite the same as when there was car accident in which died prof. Geremek (one of Polish Top elites).
I think it had to happen.
It is sad that so many people died but I would not fly in the same plane with Kaczynski and some others 0 especially to Katyn.
The pilot lost his mind and not only he.
Such things happen when it has to happen.
I personally thing those 20000 Poles which were murdered in Katyn probably were mostly patriots and they simply did not wish some of coming visitors.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thank goodness that Putin himself is going to head up the investigation! Mr. Macho will get to the bottom of this!

Meantime, Obama is rubbing his hands with glee. "EX-cellent! Our comrades will be victorious!"

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by spacebot

Hey talking of conspiracies what happened to the Kirghiz revolution? No mention in the media, even though Russia was maybe behind it and this Polish event to cloak what's going on? Perfect timing to throw the publics attention away from rebuilding the USSR

Yes.....with the amount of people these days who are screaming about how Russia will reestablish the USSR any day now, Russians seem to be doing a terrible job at covering things up don't you think? There are just so many smart people out there who can't be fooled!

Killing half of the Polish government - when there's absolutely no other way to get the world to look the other way. Really?

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Worldwide, Poland was one of the only economies growing throughout the crisis, in part thanks to this guy.

My condolences to the polish people.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic if this did spark conflict between Poland and Russia?

An anniversary about Russians slaughtering Polish civilians and then this happens.

Ah, either way, I don't believe there is any conspiracy here. Just bad luck.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by relu84
I'm shocked. I can't say I really liked the guy, but he was making or trying to make some good decisions. He was against the Lisbon Treaty, and stuff like that. Got a lot of sympathy from me thanks to that.

It's really devastating, the amount of people crucial to the country died. And I agree - why so many people on one plane? Perhaps because we had only one government plane and an old one?

I don't know. There's footage of the crash site on Polish TV. Gotta tell a friend to record it.

I'm pretty sure they had two Tu=154s plus some Yak 40s. They kept the noisy old fuel guzzlers because they are fast. www.economist.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
He doesn't look like happy man.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

look at the way he's clenching his fist all the time, he lookds peed off at someone

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by odyseusz

look at the way he's clenching his fist all the time, he lookds peed off at someone

Wouldn't call that "clenching."

And he looks peed because now of the situation at hand. I mean, the president of Poland was killed in Russia, in Katyn out of all places.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Yes but do You know why?
It was He or His brother (Twins) who decided that in Poland there will be Euro 2012 Football Championship.
So now they build like crazy to make it great spectacle.
But You now what - it is all on borrowed money
and this short time to the championships make it even more expensive.
Thanks for such a growth.

Poland is bankrupt, running on debt. So this only makes it only deeper.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Probably explosives built into the plane and agents of the left funneling all those people to that one plane due to ~economic reasons~. Why of course we can save money by all sharing the ride. And it will be a ~green~ moment.

Somebody inside Poland was putting all those people on that plane on purpose.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

And whoever placed the "explosives" decided to set them off after the plane was already supposed to land, since that was its 4th attempt...

Seriously where do people come up with this absurdity? Is that what you honestly think?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wall St Journal

The TU-154, which crashed outside Smolensk, Russia, was on its fourth attempt to land amid heavy fog. Investigators will seek to understand why the crew tried bring the plane down in such unfavorable conditions.

Russian media reported that the airplane's pilot ignored warnings to abort his landing outside of Smolensk and land instead in Minsk or Moscow. The jet crashed about a kilometer short of the runway at the Smolensk-Severnyi military airport, shortly before 11 a.m. Moscow time.

The airport lacked modern radio-navigation systems that help guide planes in poor visibility, according to the Polish newspaper Rzeczpospolita.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Jesus 4 attempts? One would think after the 2nd you'd listen to the flight tower and divert the bloody plane to a different airport. FOUR ATTEMPTS????

What utter stupidity.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
The airport lacked modern radio-navigation systems that help guide planes in poor visibility, according to the Polish newspaper Rzeczpospolita

If that is true, then perhaps that is why they tried to divert the plane to another city, although the plane should still have all the navigational tools onboard for such a landing.

Smolenk is a small provincial city, so the airport is rather small. But since it is a base for a large number of Il 76 heavy transports, I would think it has necessary radio-navigation equipment.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
From what I can figure it seems to be a combination of human failure and mechanical failure that caused this horrible tragedy. This is wHy Putin is so upset.

Why else would the pilot continue to circle? He was running blind trying to dump fuel before ditching in the fog.

[edit on 11/03/2008 by Skydancer]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Interesting...Putin invited Lech Kaczynski to the event:
Wall Street Journal

When Vladimir Putin a few weeks ago invited his Polish counterpart to jointly commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Katyn Massacre — scheduled for tomorrow — this prompted a flurry of comments and speculation in Polish media...

Wow, so Lech wasn't even going to go, until Putin invited him. Hmm....

UPDATE: I'm wrong. The "Polish counterpart" was supposedly Tusk. I guess Lech was going even though he wasn't invited?

[edit on 10-4-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Actually I believe Putin invited Polish PM Tusk, not Kaczynski, although it may be both of them. And Tusk did meet with Russian leadership there several days ago.

Also I think the Polish delegation visits Katyn during anniversaries each year.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join