It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Silver Sales Soaring?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Use the internet to find a "local" seller of gold/silver. Stay away from the TV hawkers like G. Gordon Liddy and the like. There are still dealers around that pay little or nothing on advertising, and place emphasis on your continued business, instead of a one time "killing".

Living in or near a large city helps.

I like the cash and carry type that require no I.D., just Federal Reserve Notes in exchange. Pick up your purchase and walk out the door.

Bought 100 SAE's @ spot plus $250 (14%). Might have paid a bit much on the premium, but the dollar lost almost 20% last year so I'm ok with it.

Good luck and happy hunting.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

Silver eagles are .999 as pure as it gets. Best investment is junk silver which is 90% they are pre 1964 dimes, quarters, and half dollars. They are US minted coins and will be recognizable in a SHTF scenarios and more easily traded in smaller increments. And the price for silver content is usually cheaper then eagles.

By the way S&F for the OP so many people have no clue the Fiat Money system is teetering on the edge of collapse and its only a matter of time. If you are not practising the arts of self sufficiency you will be left out in the cold as things are going to change drastically in the way we live in society!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradise_Watching

I buy mine from bullion direct. Never had a problem with them.

I'm up to 500 onces of the stuff, I'm gonna have to invest in a bigger safe soon. I have silver fever!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The cheapest method for acquiring Gold/Silver is to buy a futures contract with the assistance of a commodities broker and stand for delivery (1000oz Silver contract - 100oz Gold contract). Obviously not many retail investors are financially equipped to purchase PM's in those quantities , and not many commodities brokers are actually familiar with the delivery process since 90% of Gold/Silver contracts are never called to deliver.

Whether bars , ingots , or coins , and regardless of quantity...an investor only loses money dependent on when they choose to buy..and..when they choose to sell. Precious metals are a looong-term investment. With that understanding , in a fundamentally driven generational bull market (now) , it's hard to lose money. PM greenhorns share a common vulnerability to an ailment known as "Gold Fever". They buy the emotional uptrend...over-allocate...spend restless nights as a result , then surrender their positions in first serious correction for a loss , or at best a break-even....only to see the uptrend resume after a period of consolidation. Once shaken-out of position , very few are psychologically equipped to re-enter at higher prices....the majority simply remain out of the trade for the duration.

The least expensive precious metals products are bars & ingots...but they also bring the lowest prices on resale. Recognizable mint coins are more costly initially , but also more liquid , have higher resale value , and remain the preferred (most popular) vehicle for small to mid-size investors.

Check-out the premiums at my favorite online volume dealer. Then check his buy prices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join