It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED, Greece is cooked!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Economic commentators over the last few days have been saying that it seems now like Greece is going to be let collapse now. Judging by the markets today looks like that news is spreading.

It also now turns out that my country - Ireland , has been promoted to the head of the s h i t h o l e s with economic cancer. Turns out becuase Ireland has pumped so much money into its blackhole bank (Anglo) that it is now the most screwed up in Europe.

Interesting also that all the top Polish people died in a plane crash (R.I.P) when they are pretty much the only country not in recession , also not playing ball with the Euro, only country in europe that refused swine flu vaccines, and don't want any interference from IMF. Guess Poland will be switching to Euro fairly soon now.

The fact that Ireland is now the worst country basically means we is now totally owned. Fan bloody tastic.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

hang in there johnny, solidarity with the greeks, tell the bankers to take their paper and shove it in their *cha-ching!*

[edit on 22-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

The fact that Ireland is now the worst country basically means we is now totally owned. Fan bloody tastic.

Ireland's a sad story.. after hundreds of years of not being able to run your own affairs.. you gain that right. In the same century it's squandered away by bureaucrats .. after less than 90 years those same right are being handed over for the first time to mainland Europe.

Ireland was once a poster child for the Euro Zone.. small countries with super high GDP helped bring the Euro to true power.. now that the smaller countries cannot cope with the burdens much larger countries can suffer.. you'll be cut to pieces. If no one can save Greece, no one can save Ireland. But then again, I believe that is what the Euros want.. destroy the governments and economies of countries that are "hold outs" to euroization .. and then offer them salvation.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...*tag*&par=RSS

looks like the goose is cooked all right.......

Greece will ask for the joint European Union/International Monetary Fund, Prime Minister George Papandreou said on Friday.

Scott E. Barbour | Getty Images
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is imperative that we ask for the activation of the mechanism," Papandreou said while visiting the remote Aegean island of Kastellorizo, according to Reuters.

The cost of Greek credit default swaps fell below 600 basis points after reports that Greece was likely to ask for aid. European stocks also rose.

The Balkan country is holding talks with officials from the EU and the IMF about the terms of the bailout, which could be as high as 45 billion euros ($60 billion).

On Thursday, Eurostat, the EU's statistics office, revised Greece's budget deficit sharply higher, sending shockwaves through the markets, while Moody's downgraded the country's credit rating, although still kept it at investment grade.

RELATED LINKS
Current DateTime: 02:19:49 23 Apr 2010
LinksList Documentid: 36731629
Let Greece Go Bust: Jim RogersIMF Will Hurt Us: GreeksGreece Rating Cut, Deficit Worse Than FearedGovernments Will Bankrupt Us: FaberGreek Debt Hit as Aid Talks Get Underway
An opinion poll published Friday showed that 51 percent of Greeks see the IMF's involvement as doing harm and only 27 percent said it would bring benefits.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
turns out the jittery markets may have to do with something else at the moment? this could be nothing or this could get interesting?????

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Ah like clockwork we have the Friday Greece bailout news. According to the Corporate media, hasn't Greece been bailed out almost every Friday for the past 2 months? Oh wait this time they are officially requesting a bailout from the IMF and EU.

This time it does seem more serious though the Greek 2yr bond jumped from 6.35% a week ago to around 10% today.

Greek 2yr Bond from Bloomberg

Now that Greece is "official" how long before PIIS (PIIGS minus Greece) states line up with their hand out.

I'm really interested in how our European (especially German) members feel about being asked to foot the bill for Greek fiscal irresponsibility. My reading of financial news says that if Germany bails out Greece Merkel and her party could lose power.

This is the most interesting story I'm following right now, they can't not bailout Greece because most of that debt is sitting in large and even state owned EU banks. They can't bailout Greece because of political repercussions and well they'll be bailing out another of the PIIS states within 6-18 months.

Unfortunately the US isn't in that much better shape than Greece when it comes to deficits and debt.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Europe is the most screwed up piece of s*** in the history of the world.

I really hope this damages the Euro beyond repair (though I doubt it). Any idiots left in the UK who thinks we still need the Euro are quite welcome to leave the country.

The Euro will be the doom of all those involved with it, and as long as it is used purely as a method of control, it will be a failure. I hope the world sees the Euro for what it is before it is too late, and dumps it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join