It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED, Greece is cooked!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by antonia

but Antonia, any bailout will also postpone the inevitable....

And that's the point. I'm not here saying a bailout will fix it, we all know (well, most of us) it won't. The intent is not to fix these problem though. It is merely (IMHO) to postpone it long enough to put the control grid required in place.

What control grid. This thing is being engineered to bring the system down. Maybe they will decide to postpone a couple of years. At least we will then live a couple more years.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rgseymour
reply to post by NON-CONFORMIST

Sorry N-C, but I do not need to check my facts and I have no bag of tricks or nothing up my sleeve. I read the WSJ every morning and I am very aware of the situation. Sorry, there is no BS here and so you know, it was not America that caused the situation as you stated.

Back to the point.

Goldman Saks corporate office is in NYC, but it was their London office that brokered the debt-derivatives deal ($30 billion). In 2001, this deal was created, so Greece could enter the EU…they were refused to enter the EU in 1998 due to their excessive debt. Their true debt is now around $300billion and many in the EU want Greece kicked out of the EU. The situation is dire for the Greece and the EU.

I too like the Greeks…as I am/was planning to vacation there within the year.

Best,
rgs

What don't you understand? It was Wall Street that enabled the Greeks to lie and enter the EU.

You keep saying the "London Office". Who controlls them? Answer the question please.

It "WAS" the American banks that caused the situation with Greece!!! Otherwise, they never would have been allowed in the EU.

www.nytimes.com...

I have nothing against you, but you know only that what you hear from MSM.

Tell me, who should bail them out?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Yeah. . .right. Just like every other frigging prediction on this website, they NEVER, EVER come true.

Nothing will happen. Status quo.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by Dave157

Yeah. . .right. Just like every other frigging prediction on this website, they NEVER, EVER come true.

Nothing will happen. Status quo.

LOL how true my friend!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What did I say in my first post?

This will send a ripple effect everywhere. Now the euro zone have no choice but to give them the money RIGHT NOW BEFORE THE MARKETS OPEN.

Not give them a LOAN, BUT GIVE THEM THE MONEY FOR FREE.

Which is what they exactly did.

Learn to read.

Thing is the USA have the same problems and NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO BAIL THEM OUT.

After TOO BIG TO FAIL, here comes TOO BIG TO BAIL!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The IMF will try to rape Greece over the coals and hopefully they lynch IMF crooks in the ancient monuments. Its time the people start taking back what is theirs and not the banks.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
What did I say in my first post?

This will send a ripple effect everywhere. Now the euro zone have no choice but to give them the money RIGHT NOW BEFORE THE MARKETS OPEN.

Not give them a LOAN, BUT GIVE THEM THE MONEY FOR FREE.

Which is what they exactly did.

Learn to read.

Thing is the USA have the same problems and NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO BAIL THEM OUT.

After TOO BIG TO FAIL, here comes TOO BIG TO BAIL!

Who gave them money and for free? Link please, thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by m khan
What control grid. This thing is being engineered to bring the system down. Maybe they will decide to postpone a couple of years. At least we will then live a couple more years.

If it's being brought down by design there must be a reason. What do you think that reason is? The consolidation of power. Expect to see bajillions of G8 meetings and harsher laws controlling capital. They (the powers that be) are also not going to allow wholesale anarchy therefore there must be a system in place to control the plebs. This is what is being prepared.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah well it's almost for free..
It's a better deal than the markets.

Germany Said to Accept Greek Loan Compromise as Ministers Meet

Germany is prepared to give Greece loans at below-market interest rates, dropping its opposition to subsidies as European finance ministers meet to discuss the terms of a lifeline for the debt-stricken nation, a European government official said.

Below market interest rates... Which is a pretty good deal. They would have a 3.26% interest on IMF compared to 8% on 10 years notes and 15% on 3 months notes...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Yeah well it's almost for free..
It's a better deal than the markets.

Germany Said to Accept Greek Loan Compromise as Ministers Meet

Germany is prepared to give Greece loans at below-market interest rates, dropping its opposition to subsidies as European finance ministers meet to discuss the terms of a lifeline for the debt-stricken nation, a European government official said.

Below market interest rates... Which is a pretty good deal. They would have a 3.26% interest on IMF compared to 8% on 10 years notes and 15% on 3 months notes...

Thanks for the link and a "little" clarification.

"Under the terms of the March accord, Europe would provide more than half the loans and the IMF the rest"

The Germans are not going to bail Greece out.We still have our own problems due to unification.The American banks are the biggest culprits along with Greek ineptness with monetary affairs.

We might not be well liked, we have however, a strong economy and financial responsibility.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Looks to me, the bankers are behind everything from 911, funding all these wars, funding our militaries, corporate bailouts, manipulating Wall Street, buying world political power including our Congress.
I think its time the United States puts together a committee of the best laws firms with subpoena power and go after the Federal Reserve. It is there we should find where the Feds tentacles have been spreading and their evil dominance to control countries and other world banks from around the world. Hopefully we will learn whom our Federal Reserve are working with and what are their true goals, or intentions, at least in this country.

I am so sick of there not being any accountability for these greedy pigs; these bankers are controlling everything including our elections. This has to stop and it will not stop until we do something about it. These people for some reason are above the laws of the land.
This is unacceptable, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights do not say that these people are above our laws.

It is time to make the Federal Reserve show their books and answer our questions.
I have a feeling the Federal Reserve are corrupt to the core, in fact Bernie Madoff would be impressed, that he has been out done.

That is my 2 cents worth.

Cheers

[edit on 10-4-2010 by impressme]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Like I said in a previous post that it is "US" the taxpayers that are bankrolling these deals to corporations and Foreign Gov'ts and we don't get a lick of compensation for it. Where is our piece of the interest the Central Banks collect for lending money out on our backs. We have to pay for the F-ups every single time.

It's time for us to stop it. THe gov't annouces bailout money for private corps next time we tell them to call an election or have a referendum on whether to use taxpayer money to help out corps.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

I ‘ll tell you where our interests went, it went in the greedy Goldman Sachs pockets it went into their privet Lear jets and their million dollars dinners it went in their million dollars mansions, million dollar yacht, million dollar jewelry Rolexes & ect…

What kind of country are we, that we reward the very criminals who help bankrupted our country? This is not the American that I was raised up in.

The corruption between Congress and the Federal Reserve is right in our faces, yet we continue to ignore it as if we can’t stop it. That is BS, we haven’t even tried.

That’s ok, because if we continue down this road like we are now, in five more years when all the looting is done because there isn’t anymore money to run this government as we are already seeing. Remembers, there is a thread on ATS that talks about 33 states cannot afford to pay unemployment any longer because they are all broke.

My advices is buy some cheap land and learn to farm and put an electric fence around it,
and have a shot gun. Oh, and a cow, for milk, some chicken for eggs, oh heck, just turn the place into a farm.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Nobody believes me when I tell them we are in for very turbulent times ahead. They all believe the MSM that we're on the rebound and everything is going back to normal.

Greece is just the start. Lot's of European countries are in trouble. Heck, a lot of countries around the world are maybe 3-6 months away from what Greece is facing now.

The European Union was fundamentally flawed from its inception. All the countries involved have different economies and while some are rebounding others are stalling or declining. The major problem is they all operate under the same currency and monetary policy.

So for example when Germany and France(EU's biggest economies) were heading for recession the central bank lowered interest rates to help them recover. The problem with that was Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy were all in recovery and low interest rates hurt their recoveries.

Greece on the other hand probably should never have been allowed in the EU but it doesn't really matter it was doomed to fail sooner or later anyways.

For us here in Canada it's not going to matter that our finances are the envy of the G20 Nations and that we can weather a good storm. Our largest trading partner to the South is in worse financial shape than Greece is and nobody can bail the US out of it's problems.

Canadians won't support an Amero either. We wont shoulder your debts.

Monday will be interesting.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

For us here in Canada it's not going to matter that our finances are the envy of the G20 Nations and that we can weather a good storm. Our largest trading partner to the South is in worse financial shape than Greece is and nobody can bail the US out of it's problems.

Canadians won't support an Amero either. We wont shoulder your debts.

Monday will be interesting.

Hi there,

envy of G20 nations?

you really need to listen to this interview

kingworldnews.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well our Federal Gov't posted surpluses for over a decade and several provinces ran surpluses until the Financial Fiasco. We don't have near the debt problems that you have that's why our dollar is trading at near parity and will likely surpass it. That's good and bad on several fronts.

that clip wouldn't load ???

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Well our Federal Gov't posted surpluses for over a decade and several provinces ran surpluses until the Financial Fiasco. We don't have near the debt problems that you have that's why our dollar is trading at near parity and will likely surpass it. That's good and bad on several fronts.

You are forgetting one big factor to all of this if America fails and the country turns into chaos you dont have a ocean dividing you from them. And that could be a very bad thing considering they disarmed you guys for the most part years ago. This could be a factor and hopefully it does not happen but it could.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

God bless the Commonwealth. Canada's shed a lot of blood on European Soil for their freedom from tyranny. Hopefully they won't have to repay the favour. The US couldn't use nukes in this highly unlikely situation as it would poison their own country in the process.

And a couple of posts up I said that the US collapsing won't be good for us and that our dollar reaching parity on illustrates the wane in confidence in the US Greenback. The future financial outlook isn't going to help the US coffers either. More unemployment, stimulus is almost done and those jobs were only going to be 1-3 year gigs anyways.

It makes sense to use a tough economic downturn to replace or build new infrastructure as contractors and companies are in a slowdown so the taxpayer gets a better bang for their buck as projects cost less.

Compared to doing these projects during a boom where the needed companies and labour are busy doing other projects therefore gov't projects cost more.

Canada bailing out GM was a mistake. They just lost $4 Billion and yet seem to think they can repay the loans by summer. Right!

I don't agree with borrowing money to make tax cuts. You make tax cuts when you have surpluses. These small cuts to the middle class don't do much to stimulate and are only a short term bandaid that last 6 months and then something new is needed. The rich don't need tax cuts. They get enough other breaks that the average Joe can't achieve.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

You are forgetting one big factor to all of this if America fails and the country turns into chaos you dont have a ocean dividing you from them. And that could be a very bad thing considering they disarmed you guys for the most part years ago. This could be a factor and hopefully it does not happen but it could.

I imagine Canada would be required to strengthen its borders and instigate refugee camps.

I don't think it'll get that far.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Few people relize the strife Greece has dealt with since the end of WW2 its true the US fed Greece for many years .Its sad to see a country with so much heritage and that has given so much to the world ,struggling to survive.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join