It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Founder, Julian Assange: International Man of Mystery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wtfhuh

TMZ festival?

It's just a look at the man from all the information I could gather. If this sounds like TMZ to you then maybe you should stop reading too much TMZ.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by groomlake9
Here is a interview with the guy.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by groomlake9]

HEY mate, i love your banner image of special force. can you tell me where i cando this?! ive been here since 2006!! andi dont even know how to do it

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When you find out about people like this it makes you wonder how many more mysterious men with who knows what kind of power or ideas are lurking in the world.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
heres an audio interview with Assange on Aussie radio from the 7th April regarding the Iraq murder video...

www.abc.net.au...

When i originally heard it last week I couldnt help but think how brave he and his associates are....

[edit on 12-4-2010 by benoni]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
he seems pretty legit
it would seems learning how to be able to hack or picking it up at a young age - one would have to like be born with it in some cases like this lol

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Anyone that thinks that this "Julian Assange" is some sort of Saint about to be martyred by "TPTB" needs a reality check.

Yea, this guy is able to somehow make all sorts of public appearances with the PENTAGON on his tail trying to assasinate him.

If TPTB are as powerful as people here make out to be would they allow this guy to make appearances on national TV and get people behind him and his cause?

Yea. Thats what they would do. Wait until the public knows and loves the and THEN assasinate him.

They wouldn't get wind of what he was up to LONG before ATS or the US media did and stop the problem before it snowballed like it is now.

The fact is you wouldn't know who the hell Julian Assange is without TPTB allowing you to... this is chess its not checkers.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Blender]

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
how did he make his money? i have an interesting theory but am new here so need to get my posts up. coming sooon

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm a supporter of Assange and I found an interview with him that I thought was interesting.....

He studied Maths at Melbourne University and off for 4 years with stints at the the Australian National University in Canberra - but never graduated. The reason why he gave up on further study is quite an eye opener...

disenchanted, he says, with how many of his fellow students were conducting research for the US defence system. ''There are key cases which are just really f---ing obnoxious,'' he says.
According to Assange, the US Defence Advance Research Project Agency was funding research which involved optimising the efficiency of a military bulldozer called the Grizzly Plough, which was used in the Iraqi desert during Operation Desert Storm during the 1991 Gulf War.
''It has a problem in that it gets damaged [from] the sand rolling up in front. The application of this bulldozer is to move at 60 kilometres an hour, sweeping barbed wire and so on before it, and get the sand and put it in the trenches where the [Iraqi] troops are, and bury them all alive and then roll over the top.
So that's what Melbourne University's applied maths department was doing - studying how to improve the efficiency of the Grizzly Plough.''

Link

He also has interesting views on different cultures and on Australia......

'The sense of perspective that interaction with multiple cultures gives you I find to be extremely valuable, because it allows you to see the structure of a country with greater clarity, and gives you a sense of mental independence,'' Assange replies. "You're not swept up in the trivialities of a nation. You can concentrate on the serious matters.
Australia is a bit of a political wasteland. That's OK, as long as people recognise that. As long as people recognise that Australia is a suburb of a country called Anglo-Saxon .''

Link

The rest of the interview is at the above link.

I'm sure if the media really wanted to dig to find out more about him, they'd be able to pay someone for the goods. I'm glad at this point that they seem to be leaving him be mostly.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
great post, but most said was already covered on other threads

but this is one of those threads that really kind of force you to think that Assange is really a "good" person, that wants to seek the truth, instead of some guy with hidden agendas

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

edit on 6-12-2010 by Fahrenheit451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join