It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Obamanomics" is working

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Most people here are so brainwashed to hate Obama and are programed to automatically assume that anything this administration does means the death of America, and the stripping of every single one of our rights, that it's going to be difficult for you or anyone to show anything good about this administration.

Many of them worship the ground Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, WND, and Rush Limbaugh walk on, and take those peoples word for gospel.

Hell, a lot of these people think that FEMA camps are real, and the government is coming for their guns!

March jobs report shows growth

Manufacturing grows at fastest rate since 2004

Consumer confidence rebounds in March

Many of these people on this site will poo poo anything this administration does to try and fix our economy, and spin it to show how it will destroy this country and soon you will be dead in a ditch.

They will all claim that they are centrists or realists that are free thinkers, but the reality is, they are for the most part propagandized to the point that they see disaster around every corner.

Best thing you can do, is just show the facts of the matter, and overall ignore the parrots of the most right wing conservative blabber mouths.

Perhaps you can explain how you spend your way out of a debt?
Or why the presidental advisors are coming out with the concept of a Value Added Tax? Or that the reality that they are going to have to raise taxes? Or 50% of the households in the country are no longer paying taxes cause they either make too little or are unemployed, and thus the amount of debt (We owe) is far exceeding that what is being brought in?
Or why is it now that after the Health Care Bill, and 10 of the largest companies have put out that they are going take hundreds of millions to a billion dollars of loss, and will have to lay off more people to off set that loss? Or why are cities having to reduce essential services down to a skeleton shifts to make ends meet?
I think that the economic problems are deep and this is not just the democrats, but both parties fault and bad decisions all around.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah according to Cuba's statistics, their economy is doing fine so is their health care...

You can create all you want from statistics.

And all of you that say ``the Obama hate`` are just freaking brainwashed into the fake republican/democrat.

Those saying this are against both parties. And they exposed Bush for his crimes for 8 years and are still exposing the crimes of Barry.

Wake up, Obama is a puppet, Bush was a puppet.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Job Growth doubt it with many states in 10% unemployeed estimated.....
Fewer Unemployment claims- Its because people have exhausted there unemployment benefits its simple logic, think, read and look around

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
And more left vs right diversion, great job ATS!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
My IQ is high enough to be MENSA. Heh, Are you MENSA? The test is actually quite difficult.

I don't have time to read your links. Instead, read mine.

Just silly stuff, if you ask me.

I just want to say, if the "Obamanomics isn't effecting main street, but instead the 6 figure people are doing well, yeah, this is BS economics.

What did my daughter find out today? Her minimal paying job is going to be outsourced to India, due to the health care reform bill. Yeah, her 8 dollar an hour job is going somewhere else, because a company claims it can no longer afford 8 dollars an hour for an American to do it. Due to.........? well, you figure it out.

I have driven to Lexington, KY for various reasons in the last 14 months. I pass a site where there is a lot of dirt overturned. There's a painted sign that is fading, the proclaims the site is the result of a huge bailout bill that pours money into "shovel ready" projects. Ha ha. There's no work going on there. Just a sign that is fading.

My state is considering...............what? Cutting back on EDUCATION spending. WTF?

Did I expect immediate results? No. Was I promised immediate results? Yes, actually.

My local newspaper's clsssified ads, for jobs, consists of ads for hiring over OTR truck drivers and nurses. No, not jobs. But opportunities to pay some money for training in hopes of getting a job.

I don't place the blame soley on Obama. I place it upon previous congress critters, POTUSes, and, in general, all the parasites who suck the life out of the common people.

Meanwhile. the small crowd who claim, oh I got mine, go get yours, are aZZwipes.

Get educated. Heh heh. If we had a country of everyone who had PHD's, who do you think would fry the burgers, and ring up your purchase at J C Pennys? A PHD holder.
A person who paid for and got the education, but still couldn't get the FEW jobs that pay 6 figures.

Just saying.....................

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

What exactly are your qualifications again?

I am an opinionated ass who is sick and tired of the single minded money grubbing pseudo conservatives who in part by pushing the democrats in the early part of this decade for deregulation helped CAUSE this market crash, and now are bitching because we have to try and fix this freaking mess.

You know, the people who have Ivy league educations, pulling down 6 figure incomes, with multiple advanced degrees and IQ's that qualify them for NAMBLA (er, I mean Mensa), who have been studying economics and business for most of their adult lives. And who have helped destroy this economy by advising businesses to ship jobs overseas, figured out that you can give people who should never have qualified for a home loan massive adjustable rate mortgages, then take those same mortgages, divide them up like stocks, bundle them together and spread the risk all over the market so that when these people's rates went through the roof and they could no longer afford the house they were in, defaulted on their loans brought down the entire economy with it.

Who am I? A guy with no debt.

reply to post by sdcigarpig

Well, no you can't spend your way out of debt, but you can spend your way out of a recession which is what they were trying to do.

I suppose they should have just told America to STFU about the recession and acted as if it wasn't going on right?

[edit on 4/9/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
We had a thread a little bit ago that unemployment benefits had run out and no one can draw. The economy is good when unemployment is down. The market has no baring on me as long as I have a job. I know that it is a good thing that the market is up as that keeps me employed. With that said though, there are many people who think that this economy is horrible. Up until last month I had seen one homeless person in my life. Small town ya know. In the past month alone I have seen at least 3 not including the original. Obamanomics works if you are a fat cat on wall street, for the rest of us though, not so much.

Obamanomics; n' -- The economic structure that takes money from the poor and redistributes that money to all giant corporations so they can continually loot the U.S. financial system and blame the poor people that use credit because the prices on everything are unaffordable unless you pay over thirty years.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Believe it or not, the economy and whether you are making or not making money really does not have one thing to do with whether someone likes Obama or not.

What is misleading is the report of Jobs Growth for one simple reason.

THEY ARE ALL TEMPORARY CENSUS WORKER JOBS.

Not only do they not produce revenue or manufacture any product they don't even pay for themselves but come out of taxpayer funds.

If you take out the 600,000 temporary Census Workers Hired in March you have once again a net job loss.

So not only is it not real, its not sustainable and points to no trend that is sustainable.

No matter how much you love or hate Obama, Bush, Republicans, Democrats, the economy is in the toilet and NO ONE is doing anything about that on either side of the aisle.

No one can even take credit for the Census Jobs, since it was John Jay, John Adams, and Benjamin Franklin who pulled the trigger on that one!

America is never going to solve its problems blindly following or bashing a leader, or playing team sport left/right politics.

One thing is for certain since the government has no solution, its part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

www.foxbusiness.com...

Yep -- expected 600,000 to be hired for the census.

Meanwhile everyone is desperate to hear that everything is in recovery! Why -- because Wall St is still stealing the tax payer bailout money and no one wants to deal with that pure evil move.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Are you a shill? Because you seems to be. You just cheer for Obama no matter how bad he is. Yeah maybe you were against Bush, but you were because he was a republican and nothing else.

Anyone who still believe in the republican/democrat BS is either a shill or an ignorant.

Good luck with your propaganda thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Just not following the Obama bashing crowd. Sorry, but I don't just snap into line because it's "the cool thing". Unlike many here, I do actually think with my own brain.

I didn't always bash Bush, nor do I always support Obama. I think for myself, and try and find the truth of the matter which is why we are supposed to be on this site. Unfortunately lately, all it has been is people who are so brainwashed they can only see bad in this administration.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You know absolutely nothing about the working middle class if you're supporting that criminal, Obama.

Here, I'll give you an example. The Credit Card Act of 2009. Chris Dodd's bright idea which Obama signed into law last year. Here's Obama's own words on this POS law:

Today marks a victory for American consumers and an end to the deceptive, misleading or otherwise abusive practices of credit card companies. Gone are the days of gouging hardworking families with ‘any time, any reason’ rate increases and unreasonable fees and penalties. With the signing of this bill, President Obama has ushered in a new era where consumer protections will be strong and reliable, rules transparent and fair, and statements clear and informative.

dodd.senate.gov.../4987

And you know what happened? Credit card companies and banks raised their rates from reasonable rates like 4-7% to outrageous rates now like 24% to 29.99%!!! You think I'm lying???? You think this is all sensationalistic conservative CRAP???? THINK AGAIN!!!!

www.americanbankingnews.com...

www.americanbankingnews.com...

So now, because Dodd and Obama FAILED TO ACCOUNT for what these companies might do to sidestep the process, creditors like Citibank and Chase have raised their interest rates to sometimes TRIPLE what they were before THIS ASININE ACT was passed! You know what that means for people who had balances on those cards? For many it means they can NO LONGER make their minimum payments, especially in this cash strapped economy!! YEAH THAT'S SOME HELP!!!! Not everyone is as lucky as you to have no debt!!

Some people are having to declare bankruptcy because of that stupid credit card act just to get away from the harassing debt collection calls and avoid a possible judgment filed against them!!! How is that helping the economy???

[edit on 10-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I'm in that boat. My interest rate went from 9 to 17%. On top of that I got hit with a late fee. I am still arguing with them about the whole shebang. Still don't understand the late fee because I have been sending my payment on the same day I have for the last 3 years. Now they are threatening to send my rate to about 25%.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

As a result of banks trying to dramatically hike interest rates before new regulations go into effect, some lawmakers are proposing that would accelerate the introduction of reforms to December 1st of this year.

From your source.

Gee, Credit Card companies are greedy? Whod a thunk it?
Thankfully I cut up and paid off my credit cards YEARS ago.

Last year I brought home just over $7000.00, (seven thousand dollars, just so you know that's not a typo)

How do I do it? It's hard, very hard, but I manage, I live within my means, and I don't live off of credit cards. I don't do food stamps, I don't take welfare, but I get by. Luck has nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Hey,
Being from the same state I thought I'd share my thoughts. I can indeed confirm that everything you've said pertaining to our local economy is true. Every Sunday I open up the paper to check the job listings and all I find is a page of nursing / trucking jobs, occasionally some b.s. sales job that pays you strictly on commission, but thats it... and yes it really is only 1 page long (not counting ads). I remember a few years ago while I was in school opening up the paper and seeing 3 - 4 pages of jobs from almost any industry you could imagine. I worked for a Fortune 5 company, I was laid off. I went from making $22 an hour to making $9. I went to school, I have a degree in computer engineering. I can't find a decent job in my chosen career field that isn't working at a call center making $10 an hour with no benefits, and over the past year a large number of those facilities have either been laying off or cutting back on hours / promotions.

I don't disagree there have been job opportunities openings, but most of those jobs either pay minimum wage or just a little above. Tell me this administration's plan is working when I can find career employment (not a job) making enough to support a family. Replacing 2500 employees making salaries of $40K a year with 500 employees making $8 an hour isn't progress, nor does it show any growth.

Obama doesn't care about you or me. He cares more about his re-election or his own pocket book and status among his wealthy friends. His administration doesn't give a damn if we can't support our families.

Its not a left-right issue, its an issue of dignity and respect and in our current government bodies, we the people, are receiving less and less.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If we take the GDP data and then subtract out that suicidal spending spree data by the US government, we can see the much better measure of the US economy and its projected growth as:
2008 $9.0 Trillion (actual)
2009 $8.2 Trillion (actual)
2010 $8.2 Trillion (projection)
2011 $8.2 Trillion (projection)

Source: blog.civilchallenger.com...

Need I go on? The economic growth this year is nothing more than the footprints generated by a federal government headed toward complete collapse due to a rampaging debt load increase.

Obams's health care policy does nothing but ensure the US will default on its debts within ten years and that Medicaid will be given to 30 million more Americans over the short term and 100% less Americans over the long term.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

i agree with just about everything you are saying...
hate is always the most loudly spoken, so thats most of what you see here...

im glad to see somebody here standing up for common sence...

but how the hell??? $7000???
there is no way....

i live in the cheapest apartment complex in town, and my rent is more than that a year...

anyways, thanks for posting in this thread...
i get so discouraged by this site anymore...
the disinfo has gotten out of hand as of late...

their only defense is, "it would just kill you to go against your boy obama"//

i didn't vote for him...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

My rent is only $425 a month.
Less than $6000 a year.

In my city its pretty normal.

But living on $7000 a year must be next to impossible unless you have a roommate or still live at home.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by iamoverrated]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iamoverrated

Yes I do have a roommate. (That's the only way I can pull this off.)

reply to post by baphomet420

Thank you, sometimes it feels like I am all alone, and that I have awoken into a world of insanity.

The same people who helped bring about this economic collapse are the same people screaming about Obama trying to fix it.

But get ready, now these guys have a bunch of new slogans to paint Obama with. Look for terms like "Radical" to pop up in threads now. Newt Gingrich just said it, so now all these "free thinkers" are going to parrot it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My family plans on going on vacation this year.

They are already in debt with credit cards.

Not to mention the house payment and two car payments.

I would give an estimated 150,000-170,000 dollars in debt. Everything.

Well then lets be fare and say we subtract the value of such assets.

Still probably 40,000. Then they would also have nothing.

Tack on the continued interest...

I got a slight feeling most Americans live a life style like this. ZERO accountability.

You all want to know what ruined this country? The idiots who put themselves in so much debt.

Of course the politicians did not help. Of course the businesses sought their profit.

But society fails to accept any responsibility. Because society is dumb.

I use a debit card. I am just about to graduate high school and go to college...but I work 30 hours a week average and keep a nice cushion of 700 dollars MINIMUM. And yes, I live at home with the family so my expenses are not through the roof.

This country's average consumer is SO inefficient. Hell, I waste money sometimes too...but nothing on scale to 99% of everyone else.

The only way this country will be put back on its feet is through a mind set change. No paper policy will fix things. People need to get up, work, stop wasting, and think a little bit.

When THAT happens, we will once again flourish.

ALL of you who think some politician, ANY politician, can fix that, you are in a dream state.

So if you want to fix this country, learn a trade, look for work, stop wasting, become efficient, tell your lazy *** friends to do something too, do community service if you are that bored.

A BUNCH OF WHINERS. This entire country.

Reaganomics, Obamanomics, economics...it is just a mind set.

The value of this flimsy paper dollar I am holding. All faith based.

Off to work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join