It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was hoping you could tell me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
democrats.senate.gov...

2461 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes and 43 seconds without Republicans Investigating the CIA Leak Case

One has to see this for themselves to understand it, and I'm not going to suggest that this will help either. OK, its a dot GOV site which I am being told cannot be spoofed. It refers to Senator Harry Reid the Democratic Leader and suggests that the Republicans have been remiss in investigating the CIA leak for some time...

Possibly a whistle blower has left a clue to some bit of information to be found by the right someone... I really don't know. I find it curious to say the least and would call on the varying backgrounds of the ATS membership to try and find out just what this means, where it comes from and perhaps who authored it.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

My best guess is because they're in on it.
But what do I know? I'm registered Independent.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Valerie Plame perhaps?

After graduating from college, moving to Washington, D.C., and marrying Sesler, Plame worked at a clothing store while awaiting results of her application to the CIA.[3] She was accepted into the 1985–86 CIA officer training class and began her training for what would become a twenty-year career with the Agency.[9] Although the CIA will not release publicly the specific dates from 1985 to 2002 when she worked for it, due to security concerns,[9][10] Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald affirmed that Plame "was a CIA officer from January 1, 2002, forward" and that "her association with the CIA was classified at that time through July 2003.[11] Due to the nature of her clandestine work for the CIA, many details about Plame's professional career are still classified, but it is documented that she worked for the CIA in a clandestine capacity relating to counter-proliferation.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
My figuring on subtracting the date from today comes to July 9, 2003.

Wikipedia indicates Novak disclosed Plame on July 14, 2003, so I imagine that's the date, plus it does say "CIA Leak Case."

No idea who's behind it or what the point is.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
How about Scooter Libby?

Libby's first and only novel, The Apprentice, about a group of travelers stranded in northern Japan in the winter of 1903 during a smallpox epidemic, was first published in a hardback edition, by Graywolf Press, in St. Paul, Minnesota, in 1996 and reprinted as a trade paperback, by St. Martin's Thomas Dunne Books, in 2002. After Libby's indictment in the CIA leak grand jury investigation, in 2005, St. Martin's Press reissued The Apprentice as a mass market paperback (Griffin imprint).[42][43][44] It has been described as "a thriller ... that includes references to bestiality, pedophilia and rape."[44]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
what about him? i mean what does his book have to do with it?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
the source code for that page includes the following:

p class="headline"> CIA Leak Case By the Numbers
Number of days after the article outing Ambassador Wilson's wife appeared that the White House required its staff to turn over evidence relating to the leak: 85
Approximate hours between then-White House Counsel Alberto Gonzalez's advance notification to White House Chief of Staff Andy Card that he would require staff to turn over evidence relating to the case and formal notification to staff of that requirement: 12
Minimum number of times an Administration official leaked classified information about the identity of Ambassador Wilson's wife: 11
Minimum number of times after the beginning of the Justice Department's investigation that White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan claimed Karl Rove was not involved: 5
Number of press conferences since evidence linking Karl Rove to the leak was made public where Press Secretary McClellan has refused to comment on the case, citing an ongoing criminal investigation: 7
Minimum number of hearings held by Senate Republicans to investigate accusations against President Clinton involving the "Whitewater" case: 20
Total hearings held by Senate Republicans to investigate the leak of the covert identity of Ambassador Joseph Wilson's wife: 0

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Just pointing out that CIA Leak is quoted. Believe me I am picking at straws here?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So now the question is who and how. Why seems obvious

//////////CONFIGURE THE COUNTUP SCRIPT HERE//////////////////

//STEP 1: Configure the date to count up from, in the format year, month, day:
//This date should be less than today
setcountup(2003,07,14)

//STEP 2: Configure text to be attached to count up
var displaymessage="without Republicans Investigating the CIA Leak Case"

//STEP 3: Configure the below 5 variables to set the width, height, background color, and text style of the countup area
var countupwidth='400px'
var countupheight='200px'
var countupbgcolor='black'
var opentags=' "verdana" color="white" size="4">'
var closetags=''

//////////DO NOT EDIT PASS THIS LINE//////////////////

var montharray=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")
var crosscount=''

function start_countup()[
if (document.layers)
document.countupnsmain.visibility="show"
else if (document.all||document.get)
crosscount=document.get&&!document.all?document.get("countupie") : countupie
countup()
]

if (document.all||document.get)
document.write('')

window.=start_countup

function countup()[
var today=new Date()
var todayy=today.getYear()
if (todayy < 1000)
todayy+=1900
var todaym=today.getMonth()
var todayd=today.getDate()
var todayh=today.getHours()
var todaymin=today.getMinutes()
var todaysec=today.getSeconds()
var todaystring=montharray[todaym]+" "+todayd+", "+todayy+" "+todayh+":"+todaymin+":"+todaysec
paststring=montharray[mo-1]+" "+da+", "+yr
dd=Date.parse(todaystring)-Date.parse(paststring)
dday=Math.floor(dd/(60*60*1000*24)*1)
dhour=Math.floor((dd%(60*60*1000*24))/(60*60*1000)*1)
dmin=Math.floor(((dd%(60*60*1000*24))%(60*60*1000))/(60*1000)*1)
dsec=Math.floor((((dd%(60*60*1000*24))%(60*60*1000))%(60*1000))/1000*1)

if (document.layers)[
document.countupnsmain.document.countupnssub.document.write(opentags+dday+ " days, "+dhour+" hours, "+dmin+" minutes, and "+dsec+" seconds "+displaymessage+closetags)
document.countupnsmain.document.countupnssub.document.close()
]
else if (document.all||document.get)
crosscount.=opentags+dday+ " days, "+dhour+" hours, "+dmin+" minutes, and "+dsec+" seconds "+displaymessage+closetags

setTimeout("countup()",1000)
]

CIA Leak Case By the Numbers
Number of days after the article outing Ambassador Wilson's wife appeared that the White House required its staff to turn over evidence relating to the leak: 85
Approximate hours between then-White House Counsel Alberto Gonzalez's advance notification to White House Chief of Staff Andy Card that he would require staff to turn over evidence relating to the case and formal notification to staff of that requirement: 12
Minimum number of times an Administration official leaked classified information about the identity of Ambassador Wilson's wife: 11

Minimum number of times after the beginning of the Justice Department's investigation that White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan claimed Karl Rove was not involved: 5
Number of press conferences since evidence linking Karl Rove to the leak was made public where Press Secretary McClellan has refused to comment on the case, citing an ongoing criminal investigation: 7
Minimum number of hearings held by Senate Republicans to investigate accusations against President Clinton involving the "Whitewater" case: 20
Total hearings held by Senate Republicans to investigate the leak of the covert identity of Ambassador Joseph Wilson's wife: 0

rowspan="7" class="resultsN">
width="19" height="599" border="0">
>

> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="39" alt="">

>
> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="37" alt="">

>
> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="168" alt="">

>
> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="48" alt="">

>
> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="183" alt="">

>
> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="32" alt="">

>
> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="92" alt="">

>
colspan="7" valign="top"> "images/end.jpg" alt="" width="790" height="30" border="0" usemap="#Map2">
valign="top"> "images/spacer.gif" width="1" height="30" alt="">

>
> "images/spacerb.jpg" width="299" height="1" alt="">
> "images/spacerb.jpg" width="73" height="1" alt="">

> "images/spacerb.jpg" width="92" height="1" alt="">
> "images/spacerb.jpg" width="83" height="1" alt="">
> "images/spacerb.jpg" width="98" height="1" alt="">
> "images/spacerb.jpg" width="126" height="1" alt="">
> "images/spacerb.jpg" width="19" height="1" alt="">
>

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i dunno. could have been a web staff weisenheimer, though i wouldn't be surprised if the page was up, working and linked to from the main democratic page at one time. the information is hardly revelatory and doesn't include any information we don't already know.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Everything looks in order here. Perhaps just someone expressing their displeasure with the lack of investigation into the CIA leak. Makes you wonder what other tidbits might be lurking on .GOV servers just waiting to be found.

156.33.195.33 Whois Information
OrgName: United States Senate
OrgID: USSAA
Address: 2 MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE, N.E. 6TH FLOOR
City: WASHINGTON DC
StateProv: DC
PostalCode: 20510

NetRange: 156.33.0.0[Who Is IP][trace][Reverse IP Search] - 156.33.255.255[Who Is IP][trace][Reverse IP Search]
CIDR: 156.33.0.0[Who Is IP][trace][Reverse IP Search]/16
OriginAS: AS3495
NetName: USSAA
NetHandle: NET-156-33-0-0-1
Parent: NET-156-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Assignment
NameServer: SEN-DMZP.SENATE.GOV[Who Is Domain][trace][Reverse DNS Search]
NameServer: SEN-DMZS.SENATE.GOV[Who Is Domain][trace][Reverse DNS Search]
Comment:
RegDate: 1991-12-03
Updated: 2007-04-05

OrgTechHandle: NOC143-ARIN
OrgTechName: NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTER
OrgTechPhone: +1-202-224-4186 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +1-202-224-4186 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
OrgTechEmail: [Who Is Domain][trace][Reverse DNS Search]

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2010-04-09 20:00
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.
#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at www.arin.net...[Who Is Domain][trace][Reverse DNS Search]/whois_tou.html

top topics

join