It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Jets Chase UFO Over M5 Motorway in UK

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

In October 2007 it was announced that RAF Boscombe Down will become a quick reaction alert (QRA) airbase from early 2008, offering round-the-clock fighter coverage for the South and South West of UK airspace. Contrary to media reports QRA aircraft will only be based at Boscombe Down if and when a specific threat to the region is deemed to exist, so not currently there, i think the wing is in Turkey or Iraq at present.

Wee Mad Mental

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
I have found a 3-D image of a P&O container available to purchase online at:
www.3dshop.org.uk...

I think it may well be the P&O object used in the "UFO" video.

The hoaxer has now admitted the hoax and posted a video basically boasting about how he fooled people around the world.

Of course, there is no mention of the fact that many (probably most) people that commented on the video thought it was a pretty poor hoax, nor any mention of the fact that anyone identified the actual 3D computer graphics used in the video - see e.g. my post above.

By the way, Dr David Clarke in England had covered this hoax on his blog (and in the Fortean Times):
drdavidclarke.blogspot.com...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This hoaxed video has reared its ugly (CGI) head again.

An article on Gather.Com includes the following
news.gather.com...

March 02, 2012

UK Fighter Jets Chase UFO: Is The MOD Covering Up? (Video)
by Tom Rose

Footage on YouTube of two UK fighter jets shadowing a UFO has
lead to calls on the Ministry of Defense to either label the
video a hoax or respond to escalating fears of a potential
threat to national security.

Hi,

Contrary to the title shown on the video embedded on the Gather.com webpage at the link given above, this video is not from 2012. In fact, it is simply a relabelled copy of the video in this thread that I spent a rainy Saturday afternoon in 2010 proving (beyond a shadow of a doubt) was a hoax.

I pointed out a few relevant facts, including showing that one of the rather boxy/fake looking trucks on the video had a serial number on its side which is actually the same serial number shown on a 3D model of an identical looking truck being sold online.

I posted about this hoax in some detail in 2010 on AboveTopSecret.com. See:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=IsaacKoi

Oh, it may also be worth mentioning that my posts at that link ended with an admission of the hoax by the person that uploaded the video to Youtube.

I posted the relevant information on three or four websites at the time, in an attempt to kill this hoax off completely.

It seems a bit of a shame (though not very surprising...) that those posts had little impact, judging from the fact the video is doing the rounds again.

All the best,

Isaac

<< 7  8  9   >>

join