It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Jets Chase UFO Over M5 Motorway in UK

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Tornado F3's are still the airframe of choice in most areas, it would depend on the airfield they were scrambled from

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

Tornado F3's are still the airframe of choice in most areas, it would depend on the airfield they were scrambled from

Wee Mad Mental

Nope they aren't they are being phased out and replaced with Typhoons which are now the airframe of choice in the Air defense role for UK airspace and if it's the M5 they would have likely been scrambled from Boscombe Down

Either way, F3's or Typhoons are not in the video

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Indeed, those aren't RAF jets.

I am usually the one having a go at the "photoshop crowd" whole say a pic of my Gran is fake before even looking at it, but the fact they weren't RAF jets was the first thing that popped into my head, within a second. I'm no observor by military standards, but the images of the jets made "F-15" pop into my head. Wings are too far forward for the delta of the Typhoon's wings for starters.

Leaves are in full bloom on a deciduos tree, which would rule out anything taken since at least September of last year, so it's not recent either.

Someone did mention that seeing two foreign trucks at a Motorway service station would be unheard of of, which is rubbish. You can't discount the vidoe based on there being foreign trucks in the UK, as alot of haulage is now done by European firms as fuel prices make our firms uncompetative. I see Polish, Lithuanian, German and Dutch trucks where I live all the time!

That said, I believe this is still 99% Fake.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
reply to post by smurfy

I'm sorry, but you cannot equate the news of the World to the national Enquirer, as much as you'd like to tar it with the same brush they are vastly different creatures. For one thing, the news of the World, was for many years a broadsheet, NOT a tabloid.

If you check your historical facts, you will find that, in the 50s and 60s the news of the World broke several stories that rocked the British establishment to the core. Yes, they always dwelt on the more lascivious side of these stories, homo sexuality, The Profumo affair etc etc, but they did actually deal with some damned serious political hot cakes the establishment sought to simply bury.

What they are now, i irrelevant, they have a history of printing UFO articles the MOD did not want given publicity. The fact is, when all British newspapers were, on the whole, pretty serious, the Sun and the News of the World published stories on UFOs.

I don't need to check the historical facts, I was around then! I am well aware it was a broadsheet as most papers were. If you read my post correctly you will see I allowed for some big stories of the time, but it is/was still a sensationalist rag....which made money. Compare it to Lord Northcliffe's the Times and Sunday Times, which didn't, that's why Lord Northcliffe sold the Times to Rupert Murdoch, he was fed up losing money on it. Do you seriously think that News of the World stories on UFOs were intended to be for the betterment of the unknowing public on UFOs. As far as not being able to equate the National Enquirer to the News of the World, I just did, and that is my opinion, just as you have yours. Newspapers et al, are lowbase learning tools,(except maybe in the art of deception) but everyone is free to read them, and I defend the right for everyone to read them, even if it is rubbish.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
That said, I believe this is still 99% Fake.

Hi Stumason

You expressed the opinion above after my post at this link.

It is not clear to me whether you maintain that any real doubt remains in the light of the information in that post or whether you didn't see it (if so, you may be intested in its contents - see, in particular, the point about 3dshop towards the end of that post and the images from that source).

If you say that post but still have doubts, would you mind clarifying the element(s) of any remaining doubts?

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 12-4-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I dont really know what to think of this video, seen it a while ago,
i think the fact that the jets and ufo are not in the same frame makes you think "fake" also why are clips like this so short!!!!??

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Video is definetly a fake, the first thing was the sound, it seems too smooth for some reason. Every car is sounding the same just different volumes. If your on a highway next to some trucks is that the only sound your going to hear? Surely some cars will sound different...then again im not an expert on highway sounds. Especially on a major Freeway. The person filming has nothing exciting to say? Where is the sound of the fighter jets? Sound is a very dead nail.

And the trucks do look EXTREMELY Fake, no dirt, no road wear, no grime, no dents. Really come on.

The video's camera shake was not natural, natural camera shake has the natural vibration of a persons hand with it. It seems it has the signature of Vue 5 or 6 type feel too it.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Really well done. I've starred your contributions. Although you felt you wasted your time on the hoax video it's always great to see someone go the extra mile to help conclude a decision.

The Youtube user having a full interest in special effects and CGI would of been a good enough starter for me, but to go that extra mile and track down the P&O container was really well done.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superiorraw

Really well done. I've starred your contributions. Although you felt you wasted your time on the hoax video it's always great to see someone go the extra mile to help conclude a decision.

Many thanks for taking the time to post those kind words. Personally, I'm still kicking myself for spending my limited free time on Saturday on this video rather than higher priorities...

Shrug...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

They are called canards and that is not what you have circled are the air intakes of the f16, check out the wing profile of the eurofighter then compare it to the F16, also check out the tail of F16 does it match the eurofighter, does the eurofighter have rear stabilisers ?

Bingo - not eurofighters

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Aye, I did see your post and it was pretty damned conclusive to be honest. Well done!

I never say never mind you... Although any realistic doubts have been cast aside.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

They don't fly alert 5 air defence from Boscombe, they would either have been scrambled from RAF Leuchars ( in which case they only fly F3s) or from RAF Coingsby ( F3's and Typhoons) See here

North and south cover

There are still more F3s than Typhoon F2s so its more than likely the aircraft scrambled at point would be the F3s, i have not seen any Typhoons standing on alert at any of the airbases as of yet, but it is possible.

Wee Mad Mental

[edit on 12/4/2010 by weemadmental]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well just found this seems Nick Pope hit the news about this video.

Not sure if you have seen this but this is the full version of the video makes me laugh more enjoy
Watch around 51seconds into the video.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by k3rm1t]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This has got to be the most obviously fake video I have ever seen.It even surpasses the fake video that my footman Baldrick payed ten groats for from the famous Faike brothers ,Ivor Faike and Noah Faike. They had claimed to have captured a unicorn on film. However to my untrained eyes it was nothing more than a donkey with a rather large and long turnip tied to its head with a piece of string.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Are you sure ? I thought Boscombe was to become a Quick Reaction Alert base providing air cover for the South ?

www.salisburyjournal.co.uk...

Unless the mod changed their minds

Still, air bases aside, I can't believe the media is still running this obviously fake video do they not do research into what they report ? Whatever happened to investigative journalism ?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I love the fact that people are arguing over the type of planes in the vid and no-one has picked up the most obvious thing. The trucks have no tax discs and no licence plates. If this video is real, these trucks wouldn't even be close to being legal to be on the roads.

Either they are completely CGI'd or and I recon this is more likely, they used toys or models to create the vid.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

Nick 'the stooge' Pope should spend some time on ATS. He's doing more harm than good these days. It's scary how quickly something goes viral, thank [insert deity of choice here] ATS exists
Thanks for posting the clip I had good laugh.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Either they [the trucks] are completely CGI'd or and I recon this is more likely, they used toys or models to create the vid.

Hi nik1halo,

They are CGI not toys/models.

See my post above, in which I gave the link to the online 3d CGI shop selling the CGI image of the P&O container that appears in the "UFO" video - complete with the same serial number.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Why are people still talking about this? The WHOLE video is CGI. It's apparent from the truck cabs and the trailer. The cabs almost look no better than very good video game models with the speculars and lack of detail. Just a couple of give aways

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's a fake.

In about an hour with Google I found the commercially available 3D digital models of all three of the vehicles (two trucks and a cargo container) shown prominently in the video:
forum.darwincentral.org...

Even the stock colors are the same, as well as the ID numbers on the P&O container.

Case closed.

For those who say that it would have been too expensive to model this, the three vehicle 3D models are available for a combined cost of $80, and the same site sells digital trees (like the one briefly seen in the clip) and aircraft and, yes, UFOs. Off-the-shelf raytracing software allows cheap and easy compositing of scenes, and produces reflections like the ones seen on the side of the truck and in the shiny horns.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join