It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Jets Chase UFO Over M5 Motorway in UK

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
I hold no candle for the Sun newspaper. Politically, it couldn't be further from my own values.

That said, in this case I have come to some sort of defense of them. Yes, it's mainly a sensationalist rag, but hen again virtually all newspapers are today. Even the so called heavy weights have made some completely bs stories up and all of the so called intellectual papers, pretty much world wide, fell for the biggest scam of the last century. Namely, the "Red Mercury" debacle.

In the Sun and its' sister Sunday paper The News of the World defense, i have to say, for some unknown reason, they have both printed UFO stories for over 50 years, on a pretty consistent basis, when other new papers have just refused to.

That is, in the days when both newspapers were far less "prurient" in their content, and the standard of English, far higher, in their journalistic writing.. They were still printing stories about UFOs.

One reason, that comes to mind, for this being so could be simply that. it was a , rag to a bull, vis a vie the British government when, those newspapers felt they were being left "out of the loop" over some current issue. That is; "You won't tell us what's happening with xyz, we are going to print a few more UFO stories that will see people contacting you and generally being a pain".

Childish yes, but that's the way of the world, i can easily see that sort of thinking behind some of their reporting.

On the other hand and from my own experience. I suspect there is a sizable cadre of high ranking military and a few politicians, Brinsley Le Poer trench 8th Earl of Clancarty and member of the House of Lords, being a classic example. Who, had enough credibility and friends at the Sun and News of the World, to keep the subject in the public eye, when the establishment, as a whole, wanted it buried.

The likes of the late Lord Hill Norton, certainly believed that they were being stonewalled by the MOD over the subject of UFOs. Now, let's put this into context. We are talking about people, who were the folk with their fingers on the nuclear button claiming they were met with a wall of silence, by the very institutions they were meant to *press the button for*, over the subject.

If they were kept out of the loop and told, "it was of no consequence". Just who the chuff was suitable in the "need to know category?".

Remember, we are talking about people who ,at times went behind the government's back, in order to contact their Russian equivalents, in order to prevent a nuclear war breaking out because of UFOs or false radar contacts.

Now, as much of a "rag" the Sun/News of the World might be. If guys like Hill Norton tell them; "Actually, the subject of UFOs is far from simple hysteria, I don't know what they are, but there are sufficient qualified and high ranking members of the military who would like to know, themselves, but are just rebuffed by the Ministry of defense time after time." The editors of those newspapers are going to listen to them and take note.?

Lord Charwell, wrote to Winston Churchill ,dismissing the whole subject, when Churchill, as PM, sent a memo wishing to know; "What was going on with these UFOs, is there anything real in the subject".

You can imagine how , someone like Hill Norton found that eternally frustrating and might well have had a quiet word with newspaper editors, "off the record", in order to see if they could force more information into the public domain, or at least get he subject , discussed openly in high ranking military circles, on more than a ; "It's all just hoo hah basis".

Let's make it plain here. When you hear all this cant about how; "Oh well, leading edge technology etc etc mis-identified sightings". The truth is, we are talking about people, with a far far higher security ratings than those who claim it was all just * secret technology*, saying, they were kept out of the loop over UFOs. People who, if the mistook some secret project for a Russian attack, could have ended the world with a press of a button.

It isn't hard to see why, a newspaper like the Sun would be wiling, to take on the mantel, of the "truth seekers" For their own political ends, as often as not? oh yes, I have little doubt that would be a factor.

However, as much as that might be the case. I suspect they, at editorial level, have been primed by enough people with sufficient gravitas, to want to know what is being hidden by the our and other governments about the whole subject. No newspaper, no matter how crap it might be, likes the idea that. There is a whole area they are simply not allowed to talk about or make inquiries about.

Ergo, sensationalist?; oh yes, in spades. However, no matter how much i find the paper an anathema, on a personal level on so many subjects. on this one, I am of a mind to give then a little slack. For over 50 years, they have printed stories, neither the MOD or other newspapers wanted to touch.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by FireMoon]

The National enquirer have done just the same for God knows how long in minimalistic black and white, and in such grotesque fashion, yet people buy it, and it is still going. The News of the World was one of the biggest Sunday sellers, and always full of journalistic license.The advertisers follow the flow, and that's where the money is. It has nothing to do, or never, had a media going out on a limb to get a real story, other than a few, in your face cases.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Looks fake to me...surprised anyone even believes this video.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I'm sorry, but you cannot equate the news of the World to the national Enquirer, as much as you'd like to tar it with the same brush they are vastly different creatures. For one thing, the news of the World, was for many years a broadsheet, NOT a tabloid.

If you check your historical facts, you will find that, in the 50s and 60s the news of the World broke several stories that rocked the British establishment to the core. Yes, they always dwelt on the more lascivious side of these stories, homo sexuality, The Profumo affair etc etc, but they did actually deal with some damned serious political hot cakes the establishment sought to simply bury.

What they are now, i irrelevant, they have a history of printing UFO articles the MOD did not want given publicity. The fact is, when all British newspapers were, on the whole, pretty serious, the Sun and the News of the World published stories on UFOs.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This isn't even a video, it's a photo that someone is panning around using something like Sony Vegas. The jets could even have been added using photoshop. Just take another look at the photo and you will see that nothing is really moving, it's just the panning that makes it look like this.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by jackitin]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by jackitin]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Fake and then some, but that's jut my opinion 30 seconds give me a break, if you had a camcorder and saw that you would follow it for as long as possible and that's just the human nature aspect the other side of the coin is the way and look of the clip seems FAKE.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by midnight_sun]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The mystery cameraperson didn't even make any noise, like a gasp or an OMG. If I were witnessing a real life UFO and Jets chasing it I would have something to say.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Love your avatar, almost reminds me of UFO footage I saw once. Oh that's right that's what we're talking about now.

Go figure

[edit on 11-4-2010 by fatboyinternational]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by the secret web

It is obvious
Those are clearly models not intended for close ups. Kids playing around.

Yep probably off turbosquid or similar. plus they really should have used the mental ray car paint shader that replicates how real paint on cars and trucks behaves. or photprojection would have been a less painful way to go for a 'shot' like that (athough the letter 'o' may well be sustituted for another letter lol.)

Wayne...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Taking everything into account, if I witnessed such an event in the sky above me, I would be so excited I would film it until the UFO disappeared or until my batteries expired. Whenever I see a short clip such as this, I always think hoax. Why would anyone who'd bothered to start filming in the first place, suddenly stop filming? This would be the event of a lifetime and you'd want to capture every juicy moment.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Okay, I don't have the time to read every post here, but I can state my own opinion.
I personally believe in UFOs as both non-human (not necessarily ET) and military aircraft.
This video looks kind of realistic, although at second sight, the following points bother me and therefore harm its credibility:
1) Length of the video - Quaility was quite high, so the camera very likely has much storage and juice
2) Neither the UFO or the jets seem to move at all: Maybe the UFO is stationary, but at least the jets don't come close to the object or change their distance to one another
3) You cannot hear the jets, which are usually very loud. The sound in the background comes from the highway cars passing by
4) The jets have no fuel trails
5) The Video is way older than the newspage, so it's probably a filler

The points consist of things I read in this thread, or that came to my own mind.

Peace

[edit on 11-4-2010 by incarnating]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I've always loved fast jets, also my brother is in the RAF, and i've seen a few aircraft in my time.
That didn't look like 2 fast jets intercepting an UFO to me. When those type of aircraft fly by, you don't hear them until they are right on top of you, and they are gone from sight in mere seconds. Like this www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This video is now on various pages on Youtube, e.g. at:
www.youtube.com...

It is now being reported in articles on the Daily Mail's website at:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

and on the website of The Sun at:

www.thesun.co.uk...

However, it has been on Youtube for a while...

It can be traced back to a posting on Youtube by someone using the username "princessmarije" a couple of months ago at:
www.youtube.com...

When considering such videos from anonymous sources, I often find it illuminating to look at what we do know. Apart from the video itself, we can look at the Youtube profile of the user that uploaded the video some time ago:
www.youtube.com...

If you look at that profile, you will see (apart from the other UFO videos uploaded by that user...) from the section on the bottom left that the relevant user has subscribed to the Youtube channel of several Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) artists, including one that has masses of UFO CGI videos - some of which show tips and tricks for creating your own effects. Some of those videos even have a UFO with a fairly similar style to that in the M5 video. See:
www.youtube.com...

As I think I've mentioned before, I sometimes contact the relevant witness/artist. Sometimes they admit a hoax (or art project, advertising campaign or scientific experiment...) and explain how the video was created.

Yesterday, I emailed princessmarije (the user that uploaded this video) - I have not yet had any response.

I also emailed the "ledrack", the user that created the "UFO" CGI videos that princessmarije has subscribed to. He was kind enough to respond as follows:

I saw the video, everything that appears in the video is digital. The textures are very clean. The trucks, the tree, the UFO, the jets.
Not mine, but it is very good, and is CGI.
Is what I think.

Following up on the suggestion that the trucks are CGI, I decided to look for any pre-made 3-D images of the relevant "truck" online.

Since many of the videos created by users which princessmarije follows were made using 3DS Max, I thought the name of that software could be used to narrow down the search.

I then looked at the video for distinguishing features. The P&O container has some serial numbers visible so I set out to track that one down.

I have found a 3-D image of a P&O container available to purchase online at:
www.3dshop.org.uk...

I think it may well be the P&O object used in the "UFO" video.

If you pause the video at 3 to 4 seconds, you can see the serial number on the side of the P&O container of OCLU... (with some digits of the number visible in some shots) GB43...

Those are the same serial numbers as on the picture of the rear of the 3dshop P&O product.

Compare that with the images of the "truck" on the 3dshop website:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/25f3eb2956ee5d02.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/84af975160a92dcf.jpg[/atsimg]

I have done a few Google Image searches on P&O containers and it seems (contrary to a thought that crossed my mind) that the serial numbers do not all begin with the same numbers/letters - so this seems to be more than a coincidence.

I have emailed "3dshop" to find out if the purchased version of their P&O product has "www.3dshop.org" on its side (as on their product page) or whether it comes with the serial numbers as in the Youtube video.

If it is the latter, I think that would be pretty conclusive.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 11-4-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for taking the time to debunk this garbage
Have you emailed the creator about your findings?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Thanks for taking the time to debunk this garbage

Well, I'm a bit annoyed at myself for getting distracted by this video...

I only had a few hours for ufology this weekend and didn't spend them on a longer term project which would almost certainly be more of a contribution to this subject.

Anyway, most people will probably have moved on to the next video/photo by now.

Have you emailed the creator about your findings?

Twice - once yesterday with some preliminary points and once more today with the reference to 3dshop.org etc.

No response as yet...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

thank you very for much finding this! i hope this gets moved into the hoax forum now. although it should have been moved there a long time ago.

your evidence undeniably debunks this. once again thank you!

[edit on 11-4-2010 by bladebosq]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Another thing to notice which noone has mentioned is the type of jets.

If it was over UK airspace then surely they would scramble Typhoons out to intercept seeing as though the Typhoon (eurofighter) is now the RAF's main fighter jet and the jets in the video don't look like a Typhoon

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Another thing to notice which noone has mentioned is the type of jets.

If it was over UK airspace then surely they would scramble Typhoons out to intercept seeing as though the Typhoon (eurofighter) is now the RAF's main fighter jet and the jets in the video don't look like a Typhoon

I mentioned this a while ago, the jets are f-16's. Not typhoons, you can tell because of there wings, which do not look like delta wings to me, also the elevators, which are not present on the typhoon.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It's also strange that the other lorries look too clean, no logo markings on the cabs, absolutely nothing in the cab windows. Looks too cg'd, fantastic work on the P & O lorry!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bladebosq

thank you very for much finding this! i hope this gets moved into the hoax forum now. although it should have been moved there a long time ago.

No problem, but I hope this thread is not moved to the hoax forum. If anything is to be learnt from such videos when the artist is caught out, the thread needs to remain readily visible.

Does anyone actually visit the hoax forum??

your evidence undeniably debunks this.

Well, no one has suggested otherwise so far...

Once I've heard back from 3dshop and/or the user that originally uploaded the video, I may leave a couple of posts on the websites of the relevant newspapers.

once again thank you!

My pleasure.

All the best,

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
this has to be a fake, the video, sounds and jets are wrong,

firstly the video is too perfect, far too sharp for a mobile or camera video, secondly there are no jet sound, the jets when zoomed in seem to be a pair of f16s rather than a pair of F3's (here) or typhoons(here) . they are also flying in a tight formation, when investigating threats they are normally approx 1 mile apart and at different altitudes, also you would be able to hear 2 pairs of rb199s or or EJ200's at the distance the video was taken, they are silent.

its just far too perfect.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join