It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for an expert on satellites..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm in Evansville, IN. I just saw three teeny tiny little dots that look like stars, but they were moving very slowly across the sky. They were NOT close together, they were far apart and came over head at different times, but all within a 5 minute period. Is that normal satellite activity, or did I see something else?
Thanks,
Ventessa

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

I think it's safe to say YES! That is what you saw:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16d1b6c2cc4f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I'm just checking. I don't normally see them around here, but I guess it's such a clear night that they are more visible....maybe?
Anyway, thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If it is not long after sunset, or just before dawn, satellites overhead can be in bright direct sunlight, even though it is dark on the ground where you are.
So you can often see them fairly clearly.

Around midnight, everything is in darkness, including the satellites.
So they cannot then be so easily seen.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

but I guess it's such a clear night

Combined w/ your apparent perfect vision, allows you to be privy to such sights. It is indeed a sight to behold none the less.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
perhaps what the OP saw was the NOSS-1 constellation.

In orbit, three NOSS satellites were seperated and flew together in a triangle formation.

a couple more links:

Naval Ocean Surveillance System "UFO"

NOSS double and triple satellite formations

White Cloud Spaceborne ELINT

PARCAE/White Cloud

[edit on 4.9.10 by toreishi]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
there is a book i just read about the "secret black ops of satellites".... very interesting fellow. Our skies are filled with satellites, some of them are meant for gps, radio, tv, relays, etc..etc. etc... but he studied the unknown satellites... next time take some notes: time? brightness? location? and see if it is there 24 hours from now? sometimes 12 hours...
what has me puzzled is this little blurb from the Positive ID company about the so called "666 mark of the beast" chip.. "The system consists of a microprocessor, volatile memory (RAM), non-volatile memory, meter interface electronics, a minimal user interface, an embedded GSM (cellular) modem, an internal antenna, and a battery. iGlucose will automatically send a diabetic’s blood sugar readings to an online database without the use of a cell phone, wireless network, telephone line or personal computer. At the patient’s discretion, blood glucose data is then forwarded physicians and caregivers at predetermined intervals."... i wonder if there is a sateillite for this???? source: finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I have seen this too. Defiantly satellites. The few times I saw this it was always early in the night, never late.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddogron
there is a book i just read about the "secret black ops of satellites".... very interesting fellow. Our skies are filled with satellites, some of them are meant for gps, radio, tv, relays, etc..etc. etc... but he studied the unknown satellites... next time take some notes: time? brightness? location? and see if it is there 24 hours from now? sometimes 12 hours...
what has me puzzled is this little blurb from the Positive ID company about the so called "666 mark of the beast" chip.. "The system consists of a microprocessor, volatile memory (RAM), non-volatile memory, meter interface electronics, a minimal user interface, an embedded GSM (cellular) modem, an internal antenna, and a battery. iGlucose will automatically send a diabetic’s blood sugar readings to an online database without the use of a cell phone, wireless network, telephone line or personal computer. At the patient’s discretion, blood glucose data is then forwarded physicians and caregivers at predetermined intervals."... i wonder if there is a sateillite for this???? source: finance.yahoo.com...

It's also interesting how a good number of these unknown satellites aren't facing the earth...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It's also interesting how a good number of these unknown satellites aren't facing the earth...

could these be spaced-based hyper ion pulse cannons capable of slagging the mothership in just a few hits?

new topics

top topics

join