It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting experiment...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm going to try and get myself brainwashed.
I can't really explain how I'm going to do this because I don't really know myself, but I figure... that if "TPTB" or the "illuminati" or whatever else you want to call them can brainwash people, and that SOOOO many people are not actually people but 'sheeple' that I can sheeple-laririze myself.

...What?

But I'm being serious and I'll keep you guys updated on how mushy my brain will become.

I'm going to start by letting go of my feelings towards advertisements and such and try and soak up as much propaganda as I can in one sitting, with the help of www.youtube.com and my basic cable.

I'll report back in 24 hours.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

Well, good luck i guess. Should be an interesting social experiment.

Just don't do anything stupid

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Like, go into a KFC and order a Big Mac?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You can't become brainwashed if your intention is to be brainwashed...

It's like trying to forget about someone you love. It just doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
While you're at it, visit your local Military recruiter, they are quite good at brainwashing. I am ex-military so I speak from experience. Although, I will say that 80% of what they wash your brain with will in fact make you ( in my opinion) quite a decent person.

The other 20% is debatable.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

I would suggest one of the worlds major religions to best achieve this,choose your information meme or contagion and buy the software such as the Bible,Quoran or whatever then programme yourself in a bible class or madrassa,invest a lot of time effort or energy so that your ego is invested and through synchronicity etc you will get exposure to the false archon reality surrounding that religion in your dreams etc,hell maybe you'll even get a vision,then accept your place as one of this planets 6 billion or so brainwahed.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Doing stupid things to waste your time is brain washing. BOOM headshot.

no just kidding, this is actually pretty cool. Watch a lot of television show meant for 2 year olds, that'll be where it takes place.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
THE ONLY WAY you can successfully brainwash yourself is if you Believe it is true.
consciously in your mind you have to be in total belief that THIS is true.

Thats How they brainwash us.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If you succeed, how will you know?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i don't know.

this experiment is starting to seem dumber and dumber the longer i go without drinking...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LususNaturae
i don't know.

this experiment is starting to seem dumber and dumber the longer i go without drinking...

yeah once ur out i don't think its possible to go back because your brain recognizes the con and rejects it before it seeps in ... trust me bro you are now immune to it

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Why would you refrain from drinking when you're trying to wash your brain? Egad man don't you know about the antiseptic properties of alcohol!

I might suggest it may be more fulfilling to note the methods & the experience of a brainwashing attempt rather than try and achieve the result. I've long held that the subliminal messaging and programming can't affect you if you see it coming, sometimes we all get caught up in the moment

gj

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Why would you refrain from drinking when you're trying to wash your brain? Egad man don't you know about the antiseptic properties of alcohol!

I might suggest it may be more fulfilling to note the methods & the experience of a brainwashing attempt rather than try and achieve the result. I've long held that the subliminal messaging and programming can't affect you if you see it coming, sometimes we all get caught up in the moment

gj

Well... i mainly refrain from drinking due to i don't feel like robbing the liquor store and i have no more money.
that and i just really dont like the taste of alchohol.

and i think you're right. i think instead of trying to brainwash myself in what some would regard as the 'conventional' manner (i.e. couch potato with lots of junk food and soda) i'm going to try and brainwash myself with my own subliminals to achieve a state of mind that I want to have.

I think that's the greatest key, you have to want to be in that state of mind, and in this "Age of Persuasion" (sorry terry o'reilly) it might not be impossible to persuade someone to want to be in a state of mind of complicitness.

thank you for your time.

LususNaturae

top topics

join