It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis on Google Earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I believe you're trying a little hard to find something that isn't there. Not to say Atlantis didn't exist. However, this is like asking us what we each see in the clouds.

[edit on 12-4-2010 by BoSock]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Because there isn't a flooded city there. And there is NO pronounced "L" shape on the Brown Bank either. Nice photoshp on your part. FRAUD!!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just see something what appears to be just blackened water. maybe a sunken ship or something.

If you want to see atlantis, one guy on youtube has a pretty good solid theory where it might be.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigun_9

Because there isn't a flooded city there. And there is NO pronounced "L" shape on the Brown Bank either. Nice photoshp on your part. FRAUD!!!!!

I don't even have photoshop dude. I just took a still from Google Earth.

Having used Google Earth a little more since I started this thread, I am pretty sure it is just a glitch.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I love the whole Atlantis story and concept. However, I can't see a thing in any of these pics. Wish there was something a little more definitive with them. Just looks like pics of the ocean to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I took a screenshot, loaded it into Photoshop and upped the contrast. I did no other editing. I think it's probably just strange digital artifacts, not an underground city. It looks too blocky and perfect to me to be an underwater ancient ruins site but I'm no expert.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by CoherentlyConfused]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
photo shop pic atlantis was an island not a city

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
photo shop pic atlantis was an island not a city

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

it looks like a pacman maze to me

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thugyj

it looks like a pacman maze to me

Does a bit.

Any new posters please read my recent posts on this topic.

I didn't use photoshop. I don't have it nor do I know how to use it.

This is just a still shot of Google Earth and I now think it is just a glitch/Artifacts.

Cheers.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I had previously myself searched on google earth and found some structureal anomalies around the area under the ocean, and around other islands in the area of the carribbean. Also structures that could not have been formed by natural processes, since there were to many 90 degree angled stones, and other areas of such proportions that must be man made, and from an earlier time frame, when the water level was much lower, or the land was much higher that it currently is. Possibly a part of Atlantis, or another civilization. Atlantis people were supposedly a seafaring people, and most likely had ports located around the globe in various locations, their home island pr continent is yet to be discovered and verified, but it is possible in the foreseeable future, that it will be located.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Wow, that is cool enhancement. Even if it is glitches it does look cool doesn't it?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
I took a screenshot, loaded it into Photoshop and upped the contrast. I did no other editing.

But of course you did other editing: you saved the image in a compressed format. A 700x600 uncompressed image will exceed 1mb, so right off the bat you lost 9/10th of the raw data you gathered.

That said, its probably GE that is simply missing data for those regions. The water regions are a simulation anyway.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by merka]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Sorry guys, but it just looks like a sunken group of islands with a lagoon in the middle. Maybe when the water levels rised a few thousand years ago, they were submerged. Nothing looks man made, other that the taking of the picture.

It would have, when the water was lower mind you, been a nice vacation spot for the Atlantiens!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Perhaps it is Atlantis

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
David Wilcock's new video shows an actual photo of a sunken Pyramid off the coast of Cuba. While I don't think it's location is Atlantis, he says it was above water no sooner than 10,000 yrs. ago. So it probably was Atlantean.

www.youtube.com... Look at 51:00 for Pyramid info. and 54:00 for photo of Pyramid itself.

www.paoweb.com... To see earth maps showing Atlantis and Lemuria check the DVD "Journey to Joy". It is quite interesting.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
would ya look aat this .... mars is on google earth too....
Mars

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If I tilt my laptop monitor back enough they stick out like mad, but this also enables me to see the colour differnces too. The images are made of two images stitched together to make the seamless experience of Google earth. One images is slightly greyer, one is slightly bluer. I think the shapes are left by whatever algirithm does the image-stitching.

They are definitely some sort of software artifact though. Look at the dark patches, which are probably rocks covered in weed, and see how undefined their edges are caused by the refraction of the light passing through the water. The shapes over the sandy areas have straight edges. This means that they cannot have an water over them. It is a physical impossibility for the outlines of the rocks to be affected by the depth of water, but the outlines of these "structures" not to be.

Here's what the sea floor looks like in that part of the Carribean:

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join