It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis on Google Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

No probs.

When you say img tags, what do you mean?

Sorry, but i've tried reading up on this, but i'm baffled.

I upload the image to 'my pictures' on ATS, then copy the url and paste into the post...this not right?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
www.freewebs.com/stephensindoni
Stephen Sindoni trys to unravel the ancient mystery of the lost continent of atlantis? Could Atlantis be hiding in plain sight?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble

but that is a computer generated image based on rough geographical data and in no way shape or form a satellite image.

the only Satellite imagery on Google earth is land mass and about 1 mile of coast...zoom in and see for yourself, as you go further out to sea it changes to computer graphics its even has animated waves!!!!!

your looking at nothing more than low res super blurry impression of topical data mixed with computer graphics.

Sorry

I hope one day we do find it though, that would be great!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by TrentReznor]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Guys, you've all done a great job embedding these pictures. All of you.

I think some of us (me, apparently) might be visually...(not impaired) but Lacking.

Visually lacking. So thank you all for making this visible.

It is indeed very interesting. Of course there is no way to indicate that it is Atlantis, but it does appear to be man made for sure. Unless, of course, someone should turn up a scale indicating it is too small for that.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tie No Bows!

You missed the boat by a little more than a year on that one.
Although, in that case it was caused by how the boats collected their readings(sailing in a straight line while scanning the ocean bottom)that caused the grid pattern. You can see something similar off the west coast of Ireland.

Google Rejects 'Atlantis' Discovery

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Sorry, but if you actualy zoom out...... Its a long line of underwater mountains. No cunderwater cities there. If you zoom in like you have, it looks like something else.

I watched the History Channel on Lost Worlds - Atlantis and they believed they have found Atlantis. ON Google Earth.... Go to the Islands of Thira and Thirasia. It is located in the Greek Islands. A city called Santorini is located on this island. There they have excavated what is to be belived a civilization that exisited around the time of 2500 BC. There, buildings that were 5 stories high with actual plumbing(i.e pipes for running water and toilets). These were even built better than the ancient Romans. To go with the many Atlantian tales, the civilzation ended in many ways. One was by a large explosion, like a volcano. If you look here, there is still a active one present that is still gorwing and its a matter of time of when it will blow up again.

If you wish to see this check the link below. Its in 5 parts
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarcer
For those of you seriously having trouble seeing, I've taken Image #2 from the op, and made a contrast version so the structures can be EASILY seen.

Orig. Pic#2

EDIT

And here is Picture 3 in high contrast

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Scarcer]

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Scarcer]

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your work on the pics, thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

You have come to the conclusion that Atlantis is in the Carribean. Where does this ultimate conclusion come from?

Considering Europeans wrote about it, I would assume it would be in the European theatre (Gibraltar, Azores Archapelago, etc.). Some think that Azores is actually the best bet for Atlantis. It was lost and then found again in the 15th century, of course if it does exist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.lennartz-electronic.de...
www.andrewcollins.com...

* TBH, even I did believe it were in the Carribean, all I can see is water and the shadow of clouds (maybe).

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Make the absolutely straight lines look wobbly, nice try but you failed.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Can't you see the shapes under the water in the enhanced pictures?
(Courtesy of Scarcar
)

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. For some time, after researching(fav reference points listed below) I've come to the conclusion of Atlantis being in the Caribbean.
Specifically the Bimini(Mar) Road is the site of found Atlantis near the the Bahama Islands. Possibly roads or sunken building tops are revealed.

Edgar Cayce-BiminiExpedition
Atlantis Lost Continent-C. Berlitz

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Intriguing pic. However these dark spots could be trenches in the ocean bed which would give the darker coloring. Now don't take wrong! I love conspiracies and things just as much as you, they just have to be convincing

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hello All.

I would like to say, excellent finds and Images. I learn something this morning. Thanks

Now to my post

I hope this is not repeating what others have offered, since I only went thru the first 2 pages, so if so, sorry for wasting space.

I see a problem being expressed, and did not see a Discriptive reply as to what you are actually looking for.

Picture a BLOCK letter L.

In the 1st photo there is a faint, BLOCK letter L, with the High Stem pointing at approximately 2 O'clock, and the Low Stem pointing at approximately 10 O'clock. It is a Reverse Image and is slightly off axis, but with the Zoom, it is directly in the Middle of the Screen.

It is not dark, and it has no "MISSING or TWISTED" outline. It is a Perfect BLOCK shaped L.

Again, look carefully, since you would overlook it without a carefull look.

And Again, it is very faint, but visible directly in the center of the Photo.

CONFESSION

I have in the past disregarded most Photos, since it did appear that we would be looking at Island or Submerged Islands/Reefs, and I had difficulties in comprehending how these Phtots displayed anything.

Today, I did see these shapes/forms, and now I can say, I now know what I am actually looking for in these types of Photos.

All of these Images, clearly do show something, and the Previous Poster who Highlighted the Reef/Island in RED, completely missed the item, by doing what I had done in the past.

This is what STOOD OUT to me when viewing such Photos at first glance.

But all of these images do show faint, but Perfectly aligned details which are not "Anomilies" of some GEO event.

Now, do I say these Photos/Images are proof, I'll leave that for some who would visit such coordinates to verify with underwater dives by Man or Mini Sub.

But I will say, these Lines are visible, and from the views offered in the Opening Post, EVERYTHING is right in the CENTER of the Photos/Images.

Once you can find the BLOCK Letter L, you will know what it is you are looking for in the following pictures.

Now I hope this helps.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Shane]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wonder what is underneath the black bits?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

That image could be a cloud over the ocean. It's been taken from satellite imagery. Satellites are usually higher up than clouds

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Figured i'd post the findings that could support atlantis. This is the standard list of evidence, you can find this list on many websites if you search google, i pulled it from world mysteries.

A pyramid explored by Dr Ray Brown on the sea floor off the Bahamas in 1970. Brown was accompanied by 4 divers who also found roads, domes, rectangular buildings, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a "mysterious" crystal containing miniature pyramids. The metal devices and crystals were taken to Florida for analysis at a university there. What was discovered was that the crystal amplified energy that passed through it.

Ruins of roads and buildings found off Binini Island in the 1960's by the photographed and published expeditions of Dr Mansan Valentine. Similar ruins were also photographed off Cay Sal in the Bahamas.
Similar underwater ruins were found off Morocco and photographed 50 to 60 feet underwater.

A huge 11 room pyramid found 10,000 feet under water in the mid Atlantic Ocean with a huge crystal top, as reported by Tony Benlk.

A 1977 report of a huge pyramid found off Cay Sal in the Bahamas, photographed by Ari Marshall's expedition, about 150 feet underwater. The pyramid was about 650 feet high. Mysteriously the surrounding water was lit by sparkling white water flowing out of the openings in the pyramid and surrounded by green water, instead of the black water everywhere else at that depth.

A sunken city about 400 miles off Portugal found by Soviet expeditions led by Boris Asturua, with buildings made of extremely strong concrete and plastics. He said "the remains of streets suggests the use of monorails for transportation". He also brought up a statue.

A marble acropolis underwater across five acres of fluted columns raised on pillars. Heinrich Schilemann, the man who found and excavated the famous ruins of Troy (which historians thought was only a legend), reportedly left a written account of his discovery of a bronze vase with a metal unknown to scientists who examined it, in the famous Priam Treasure. Inside it are glyphs in Phoenician stating that it was from King Chronos of Atlantis. Identical pottery was found in Tiajuanaco, Bolivia.

These crystals are interesting, an advanced culture such as atlantis was most likely using them to amplify energy. Which is good evidence proving they knew how to harness the universes energy. Meaning much cleaner and more powerful energy.

Heres a cool vid of a huge underwater structure off the coast of japan. As you know the ancient ocean stretched across the globe. The last time this thing was surfaced was over ten thousand years ago meaning tgis was carved or built thousands of years before any orher structures we know of including the egyptian and south american pyramids. So theres evidence right there of either extra terrestrial builders or a civilization capable of building this during the ice age at earliest or perhaps even thousands of years before. Check out the related vids for more.footage.

underwater pyramid

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geheime
Intriguing pic. However these dark spots could be trenches in the ocean bed which would give the darker coloring. Now don't take wrong! I love conspiracies and things just as much as you, they just have to be convincing

No conspiracy here dude, just unusually defined shapes under the water.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stonedgolfer

Yeah the Japanese underwater city is interesting. I reckon that civilisation snuffed it at the same time as Atlantis.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
And yet again we have pictures of so called underwater anomalies from Google. Yes there seems to be something in th Op's original picture but lets face it Google images are not the exactly top notch 100%, yes it adds fuel to the fire, but as another post suggests why would Atlantis be there. We need more than a picture. I shall go and study this subject further. Hopefully others will too

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I could see where there might have at one time been Atlantean outposts or minor ports in the Caribbean, however, the chance of evidence of those lasting this long, particularly with the Atlantic as turbulent as it is, is practically nil. They probably wouldn't have been huge rock formations, anyway.

Atlantis = The Azores Plateau

A civilization not as big or advanced as it's given credit for being.
Destroyed by whatever caused the Younger Dryas.
Lucky if we ever find anything of it. (Clovis Points? Old genetic markers?)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join