It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis on Google Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
If you zoom in you can see what looks like an "L shape" or maybe what used to be some kind of sqaure...

But before that i noticed every one of those images seems kind of blurry right in the center, like it's been fugged with.

sorry. gotta call BS

I have no idea how to 'fudge' anything!

I saw a presentation a few weeks ago by a guy in a library somewhere in the states and he claimed that Atlantis was somewhere near the Bahamas so I decided to check it and bam, there are underwater shapes that resemble a city.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, it was a city though. A lot of cities were washed away when the great flood occurred supposedly.

I thought I saw some other sunken cities from other places around the world on Discovery channel one night.

I find stuff like this very interesting, good find

Edited to Add: the Picture with outlines so people don't have to scroll way down to see it.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Quickfix]

NO!!! You have completely missed it!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Does anyone here have Google earth installed?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Those are just the first L shapes that caught my eye.

Maybe there are others I will do another scan.

edited to add: google earth right here

edited to add: If you want to highlight the area you are talking about, save the image to paint, do your editing, then upload the image to photobucket, copy the HTTP direct link and then use the insert button on ATS.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
21°15'29.10"N 74°42'57.65"W

Enter those co-ords and zoom to eye altitude 62km. Look carefully at the grey areas of the ocean. Not the black bits, the grey bits.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Haha, thanks. I will do the outlines now yay!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As much as I'd love to see Atlantis (or any underwater ruins), I don't see any structures from this viewpoint.

Could it not be that these dark spots are just clouds showing on the waters surface, or maybe just deep spots?

Now if you used Google Ocean, i think it's called, and found some underwater structures I'd be speechless.

I'm not disagreeing that something could be there. I just wish to see it

link   
SO QUIKFIX

I see that you were wrong about what you "saw" even with the snarky "just for you
" comment......
right back at ya.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

link   

While I do see dark shapes under the water I can't say with any certainty that they are artificial. If this is Atlantis send the coordinates to some archeologists or take it to the Discovery Channel.

The only way to know for sure if these are really an ancient city is to get out there and dive to the bottom.

I doubt it would turn out to be Atlantis (since Plato's story was almost certainly referencing the Minoans being wiped by the Thera Eruption) but it might turn out to be part of some other civilization.

Edit to Add: I opened up GE to check for myself and it appears that these are just underwater mountains, I can't be 100% though because they don't have aerial photography to go with the satellite data so we can't really get close enough to the water to see anything

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
OP, open in paint and get some red pencil trace on it....

*nevermind, I see you did...*

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Signals]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Just trying to be funny :p

Failed attempt at humor, oh well.

He's going do the outline he saw, that is just what I saw, as I am not the OP.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
As much as I wish it were true, I don't see a thing, so I call "Shenanigans".

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
OK, I used the outline feature of paint so I can point out the strange structures.

img11.imageshack.us...

And the structures nearby:

img534.imageshack.us...

Sorry for the shoddy outlining in second pic but I was getting impatient with the slight but noticable outlines.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hard to see where the objects end but I tried to outline the whole lot as best I can:

img709.imageshack.us...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A city at one point perhaps, however my thoughts on Atlantis is that it was bigger then what you outlined, but who really knows.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If I stare hard enough at the clouds I can see all sorts of neat shapes.

Seriously.

You have enough straws grasped in your hand to start a McDonald's franchise.

I would be the first to get excited about something like this. I liked the other guy's analogy to a "magic eye" poster.

Even outlined in red -- there is nothing there. This is worse than those "artifacts on the moon/mars" pictures.

This is really "reaching".

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I have been unable to attend the Hoagland School for Advanced Visual Studies.

In other words, cant see crap.

I am a FIRM believer in Atlantis. If these were parts of cities, they would have been remarked over tons of times just as the Bimini Wall has been.

Regretably, I think that anything resembling a temple have been long covered with coral or just covered in yards of silt.

I would like to see the gates to the Great Temple again.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Yeah I agree, seems more like a port/harbour. Maybe Atlantis was a huge exaggeration, but I firmly believe that it was in these waters. Somewhere in the Atlantic, this seemed a good spot but I don't really have any idea of scale.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Hard to see where the objects end but I tried to outline the whole lot as best I can:

img709.imageshack.us...

You have got to be kidding me! The lighter blue squares in the middle are clearly glitches, like pixels in an image that's been magnified too much. This creates the illusion of rectangular shapes around them (notice how the "borders" of those areas are not well defined away fro that central spot?)

I was overtly sarcastic before, hoping that it would carry my point across, it didn't! Marking the areas you marked shows that you invested too much in what could very well be a glitch in the imaging routine.

Get a few follow up pictures, in a few days. If the same shapes appear in exactly the same manner then maybe something unusual is down there. If not, then you fell victim of technology imperfections

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

They have artist renderings of Atlantis, but accuracy is the key, which there is none.

It was supposedly looking similar to this.

www.librarising.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join