It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine Commission Moves to Ban Gender Specific Bathrooms, Sports Teams in Schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The little girls' room won't be just for little girls anymore, if the Maine Human Rights Commission has its way.

The commission is taking heat over a controversial proposal to ban schools from enforcing gender divisions in sports teams, school organizations, bathrooms and locker rooms. It says forcing a student into a particular room or group because of his or her biological gender amounts to discrimination.

The issue came to light last year when the commission ruled that, under the Maine Human Rights Act, a school had discriminated against a 12-year-old transgender boy by denying him access to the girls' bathroom.

Now the commission aims to issue guidelines on how schools should deal with similar situations in the future. It would make Maine the first state to implement such guidelines for schools as young as preschool and nursery -- and even some private schools.

Link

What is wrong with these people. They are now going to force little boys to use the bathroom with little girls. This is wrong on so many levels. And now there going to take away the privacy of kids just because of a 12 year-old transgender boy?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Alien Mind]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

This canot be real. I can see oodles of sexual harassment suits coming by girls who one way or another were made uncomfortable after seeing boys' private parts.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

This cannot be real. I can see oodles of sexual harassment suits coming by girls who one way or another were made uncomfortable after seeing boys' private parts.

Thats what i was thinking when i read it.

Second Line

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If this were around when I was in school, I would so fake being gay lol

Ahem.. anyhow.. weird things people are doing these days.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

What is wrong with these people. They are now going to force little boys to use the bathroom with little girls. This is wrong on so many levels. And now there going to take away the privacy of kids just because of a 12 year-old transgender boy?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Alien Mind]

If this is put in at a young age, it would end the way males feel about women parts, because they will be use to it. This could end many cases of molestation if men just get use to women.

Theoretically speaking that is.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Alright, when "we" were children, we wondered about the other sex. We wondered what was different.

Well, I do not even KNOW where to go from this "idea" that these people espouse.

My God, we are different. We are individuals. We are not exactly the same.

I think these things that are being pushed is to destroy individuality. I cannot explain it any better than that. When will the insanity behind destroying our individuality stop?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If they had only allowed the transgendered youngster use the room of her choice.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Wow. Yeah, most of the guys would enjoy it. I'm not sure the girls will. I dare say that my daughters, and now my granddaughters would not like this one bit.

Wait until the cellphone cameras start clicking and photos begin to show up on the internet. How is someone going to say their privacy was violated?

I can see it now:

Mike: Hey, Bob! You got any pictures of your girlfriend, naked?

Bob: "No."

Mike: Go to my website. I have plenty of them."

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't even know where to begin on this one.....

Even though I might agree if this were to catch on it might take some of the mystery out of the the opposite sex, I just can not see this idea catching on here in the US.

Nor can I see most appellant courts here allowing this to stand. There are just too many right wingers who disapprove or this type of thing.

As for me, I still don't know how I feel about it personally....

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This is stupid beyond all levels of stupid to be beheld upon this Earth.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Why the hell a 12 years old was allowed to be trans-gender?

I mean, you've got to get an operation to be transgender right? And at 12 years old your mind ain't mature enough to understand everything about who he was and what his real feelings were, hell he didn't even reach puberty!

Yet he had an operation?

First the parents obviously failed. Second the school should have allowed him/her to go wherever he wanted. Third. Doing a whole state wide far reaching law for one case and 0.000001% of the population is utter BS.

They should just sue the school for denying him/her rights and settle this privately. Not do a law about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Transgender doesn't mean necessarily that there was surgery involved. It just means that someone doesn't identify with the sex they were assigned, or born with.

In regards to my earlier post, after thinking about it more, i doubt this just means restrooms. It would eventually involve showers and locker rooms too I'm sure. If not already.

I agree with an earlier post too though. I do shut the restroom door even with my wife.

I do think this is way too young to be not only allowing, but forcing children to change and/or shower together.

new topics

top topics

join