It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just an Idea....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have been having some bad feelings lately about bad events occuring soon, just like a lot of other members of ATS... so I had an idea. If there was ever a worldwide emergency or chaos, or anything of that nature, shouldn't there be a way for all the members of ATS to get ahold of each other for many different reasons depending on the event(s)?

I am willing to compile a list of every ATS member (who wants to be on the list), that includes their name, phone number, address, etc. whatever information you want displayed, type it up, and e-mail a copy to everyone who is on it or who wants it. Because I'm sure if something major or catastrophic ever happened, the internet, and this website would not function. If people want to do this, give me some replies, so I can start getting this list made.

Another idea was maybe a meeting point, or somewhere everyone could meet if something "huge" ever happened. Just some ideas to throw around.

Thanks,
Chris

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
we must meet at a town thats inland....away from water...high grounds.....and warm places too.....the mexican border sounds nice......or uhh...

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by CookieMonster000]

uhh whats your email?

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
errr...cool a special club like thing...we save everybody from the end of the world! Personally if anything truly bad happend...I'd spend the time with my family, not some people from a message board.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If something catastrophic were to happen, chances are the phone lines wouldn't be working for non-emergency traffic, either. Same goes for the postal service. Of course, this depends on the severity and scope of the disaster.

If you're looking to stay in touch, your best bet would be to get a General or higher HAM license, or coordinate with local HAMs for each group of people with whom you wish to remain in touch.

Even then, their services are by law prioritized for emergency traffic first.

Further, long-distance HAM contact would rely on the assumption that the catastrophy hasn't done anything to the ionization of various layers of the atmosphere. Muck with that, and short-wave comms may also become problematic.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We'll call it the pony express....

Every member will hire a midget and...nvm.

No thanks for me dude.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris0530
I am willing to compile a list of every ATS member (who wants to be on the list), that includes their name, phone number, address, etc. whatever information you want displayed,

I'm sure big brother would just love that. No thanks for me neither.

MrJingles

Everybody should have a midget anyway. They're just so funny.
(sorry if I offended any midgets on ATS, I really like you guys)

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
lol, no you may not have any of info on me, I'll take my chances in a fallout world.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What are you worried about big brother for?

They have all our info to begin with.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You know, the internet is designed to withstand a nuclear war. Seems to me that ATS would probably last longer than a cell phone, snailmail letter, or umm smoke signals in a major disaster.

So short of a major impact from a celestial body, I think we'd still be able to post.

Why anyone would want to post in the event of something like a nuclear war or large scale military assult is a bit beyond me though

~Astral

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
just for fun....saying HOLY CRAP THERE IS THE RED GUARD!!!! OH NO CONSCRIPTS!!!!!....AAHHHHHH THE SAS!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
lol, no you may not have any of info on me, I'll take my chances in a fallout world.

what make you so special...? are you majastic 12...

you can have mine chris, pm me. i have nothing to loose

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City
You know, the internet is designed to withstand a nuclear war.

Actually, it was the ARPANet that was designed to withstand a nuclear war.

The current Internet could not withstand a nuclear war. Evidence is as close as your nearest backhoe. Further evidence is as close as the search results for the effects on electronics of an EM pulse from ground or air detonation of a nuclear device.

The current Internet can't even withstand a simple BGP attack. Cf. Congressional testimony from Mudge and other members of The L0pht (a.k.a. @Stake) in the mid '90's, RFC1948 (pub. 1996), and earlier RFCs that point out that sequence number attacks may be catastrophic when applied to the procotols in use by core routers.

Today's Internet is rife with single points of failure (SPOFs), something the ARPANet architecture tried to avoid. You can't route around damage if the only path between points A and C is through a crippled point B.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I dont want everyones life history, and I know that if something huge ever happened, no one would want to be talking with a bunch of people from a message board. But the people on here who are smart and are actually conspicuous about some things may have answers that everyone wants as to why the event happened. And if there was a group, wouldn't you feel safer being able to contact someone from the group who thinks like you and try to come up with ideas in case of emergency?

ANY information.. if you just want to give your e-mail, or anything, any type of way someone can contact you so I can add it to the list. It's not a group to save the world, but it is a group that if something ever happened, the worst case scenario, movie type #, we could all contact each other, and brainstorm. No need letting one of us, who actually thinks right, being left with no one to talk to or help them out in case of emergency. It's just an idea. Anyone who would like to add information to the list, please PM it to me. I would like to have the lists e-mailed out to all people on it by June 7th, because a lot of bad feelings focus on an event on June 8th. Thanks.

- Chris -

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Don`t be silly, we will all be just fine! But you can be in charge of the pizza... okay? [Edited on 3-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

XL5

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Naw just create a list of "just out of town" parks, clubs or places every one knows in the area around a major city. If ppl just argue about whats happening if something does happen at this meeting, the we could all agree to party!

I call shotgun on South common mall in Mississauga, Toronto as the meeting place. Citys would be full of rioters.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sorry Chris, I've never even hinted at what country I'm from haha.

~Astral

new topics

top topics

join