It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe leaves us in awh... after new discovery of brown dwarf binairy star system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Once again the universe gives away a new secret.

Two brown dwarf stars circling each other. One has about 20 times the mass of Jupiter and the other 5 to 10 times.

This is again a discovery what makes us pondering.
Planets have been discovered which had the same mass or an even bigger mass then the smaller Brown dwarf star. Yet stars and planets are believed to evolve differently from each other.

Stars form as clouds of gas and dust falls in to itself and planets are believed to be formed from a secretion disk around a newly formed star.

Brown dwarf stars are the universes almost stars. just lacking the mass and heat to start nuclear fusion inside there cores.

A planet-like object has been found to be orbiting a cold, miniature star called a brown dwarf, calling into question just what it means to be a planet.

Brown dwarfs are not quite massive enough to be full-fledged stars; they are not dense or hot enough in their cores to ignite nuclear fusion, the process that powers stars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a6a94df29ea.jpg[/atsimg]

A brown dwarf, estimated to be approximately 20 times the mass of Jupiter (at left), and its companion, about 7 times the mass of Jupiter (at right) are shown in this illustration. Credit: NASA, ESA, and K. Todorov and K. Luman (Penn State University)

You can read it all in this article.
Possible Alien World Around Mini-Star Tests Definition of a Planet

And here is another article related to it.
Found: The Dimmest Bulbs in Space

A pair of failed stars takes the record of being the dimmest bulbs ever detected, astronomers find.

Each of the substellar objects, called brown dwarfs, is one million times fainter than the sun in total light on the electromagnetic spectrum, and at least one billion times fainter in visible light alone.

A brown dwarf is a compact ball of gas floating freely in space that's too cool and lightweight to generate the thermonuclear fusion that powers real stars, but too warm and massive to be considered a planet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f4ffd042ae7.jpg[/atsimg]

This artist's concept shows the brown dwarf twins, the dimmest pair of star-like bodies known to date, referred to as 2M 0939. The twins, which are about the same size, are drawn as if they were viewed close to one of the bodies. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

I wonder how much of our current understandings of the universe is left a 100 years from now.
Little discoveries like these make us change it continuously and with new technologies this process seems to go faster and faster.

Edit !
This article called 'Missing Link Between Planets and Stars Found' You can read it in this LINK !
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28d8d4badf00.jpg[/atsimg]

The difference between brown dwarfs and planets, based on conventional theory. Credit: Robert Roy Britt, SPACE.com.

Brown dwarfs are the oddballs of the cosmos, more massive than planets but not heavy enough to generate the thermonuclear fusion that powers real stars. Now astronomers have found the coldest brown dwarf to date.

The failed star might represent a new class of objects that are a missing link between planets and stars

What great times we live in !

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing! I love hearing about new space discoveries. It makes me think about all the possibilities out there that haven't been discovered. I wish one day I could be on the discovering end of one of these types of things. The excitement would be incredible.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
OMG THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!

to me, binary star systems are the most interesting astronomic discoveries ever, next to the birth and death of a star. and learning about a different type of star (or star-like thing) was very cool!

just a great thing to know that we still are making progress.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Added article regarding brown dwarfs !

video showing the number of brown dwarfs in our neigborhood

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the information!!

Good information in here and I am surprised this thread has not received more attention.

All stars are really amazing, and I love to learn anything I can about them. So I applaud your effort and thank you for your time.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not a healthy system. This is not a sign of wonders, rather a sign of darksider consciousness in our duality. All stars are in binary system and represent our collective consciousness, or the Light, or Heaven/the Beyond with us. Dwarf stars represent something else in the duality.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Not a healthy system. This is not a sign of wonders, rather a sign of darksider consciousness in our duality. All stars are in binary system and represent our collective consciousness, or the Light, or Heaven/the Beyond with us. Dwarf stars represent something else in the duality.

Ehm, could you maybe elaborate on this a little bit? I'm not getting what you mean at all.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

Originally posted by Unity_99

Ehm, could you maybe elaborate on this a little bit? I'm not getting what you mean at all.

Thanks!

Yeah. I don't get it either.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I wonder how much of our current understandings of the universe is left a 100 years from now.

I wonder how long before one of the nutjobs comes on and claims its Nibiru

But seriously nice thread, S & F. I think this makes the total number of brown dwarfs known to exist, at 3

[edit on 10/4/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

The link I added to a video in a reply shows a lot more then three.

Just saying

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That's an interesting question - how many known brown dwarfs are there? They are a bit hard to find since they do not shine in the optical wavelengths. They are small.

I think the 3 count may be due to the first discovery process in which 3 candidates were declared as being definitely brown dwarfs. Since that initial confirmation many more have been identified. It's hard to come to a decision as to what should be observed to classify an object as belonging to a certain category. I think that may be what happened here.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Did you look at the video I posted as an ad on. ?
link to video

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that great video. That's one of the best videos I've seen in a long time. It was packed with content.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just a little question, might be off topic.

With all these new brown drawfs around, some with planets orbiting them. I suppose that there could be life on them. obviosly not like ours but life!. with all these lifeforms on our planet in like lava or deep ocean, cant really rule it out.

With our current tech levels, could we send probes there? if so how long would it take. Maybe we could learn allot?

First Post Guys

Ked

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kedy_boy

With all these new brown drawfs around, some with planets orbiting them. I suppose that there could be life on them. obviosly not like ours but life!. with all these lifeforms on our planet in like lava or deep ocean, cant really rule it out.

With our current tech levels, could we send probes there? if so how long would it take. Maybe we could learn allot?

First Post Guys

Ked

Well... there are only a few brown dwarf stars identified. ( I'm told ) I don't know if you saw the video I posted in a reply ?

If you did , it's not a map but an example.

As for life. Why do you say "obviously not like ours" ? Why not ?
The possibilties are endless.

I don't think we can launh probes and live to see them arrive. ( Unless the whole alien coverup is true and TPTB are really 25 to 50 years ahead of what we are presented with .)

Our closest neighbor is Alpha Centauri. Which is about 4 lightyears away from us.

For an idea of the immense size of the universe. Check this video.

There is now a probe on it's way to Pluto. It's called New Horizons.

Last month it was half way ro Pluto and I believe it was launched in 2006

Here a few links about the probe.
Reaching for Pluto: NASA Launches Probe to Solar System's Edge

And

Wiki leak

Travel destination alpha cenatauri ? Check these.
www.space.com...

And

Wiki link

Enjoy

Congratulations with your first post by the way.

I've got the feeling it will not be your last.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Thanks for that, there is some good info there.

But there is so much that we as a race can answer. Oh if i could just plug my mind into a machine of all knowledge, lol. all i want to do is learn.

Hopefully in lifetime we will know more to make me happy. but that will never be the case as there is always more to learn.

Well lets see eh!

cheers

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kedy_boy

But there is so much that we as a race can answer. Oh if i could just plug my mind into a machine of all knowledge, lol. all i want to do is learn.

If you ever find such a machine I must urge you not to use it !
You're brain will malfunction and unless there is a stargate around their is no way to get help. Believe me I've seen it happening to co. Jack o'neil once in an episode of stargate.

Seriously.
I think you are right. These days it looks like scientists get stuck on old ideas. Religious dogma keeps us just like centuries ago from moving on as much as possible. We really have to rise above those mind binding ideas.
I mean faith and confidence are two beautiful things but we have a brain which asks for more then feeling satisfied and even if it is given to us. It was no doubt that we are expected to use it. Don't you think ?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I myself believe in one thing. to move forward. the search to improve through knowledge, body and even sprituality. It is in our nature to strive against struggle against diversity (for want of a better word).

As for science and their "tists". well what can i say. here in britain even 50 years ago people wher of a better standard always trying their best for improvemnt, even those of of lower inteligence to the genius's always tried to better themselves. It seem nowadays all people (in Britain but must be global) want to do is get away with doing as little as possible. So that must take a toll on the "out of the box" thinkers, a bad toll!. That is of course if things are not being held back from us

Hardships maketh the man, have it to easy then something has to go amiss. you can quote me on that.

this might be my first off topic post, if so i am sorry

Ked

new topics

top topics

join