It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura guest hosting Larry King Live tonight (4/9/10) Guests: Ron Paul and Willie Nelson!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Need I say more?

Well, according to the rules, yea, I do have to say more.

Is there a number you can call in on for the show?

Also, Willie Nelson is a musical guest, I hope he plays a song that makes people think.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Where & When can I view this?

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
and the Revolution leaders are gathering

this is gonna be big IMO

I wont be surprised if some false flag
interrupts this event

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Jesse will be 100 times more interesting than Larry or sometime guest host Jeff Probst. I cant wait, I'm always blown away by what Jesse has to say about things!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wow, I totally forgot to put the time. It's 8 central, so now!

I'm DVRing it!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So far...great show. Odd pairing with Blago and Paul though.

I liked Ron Paul's laugh when asked if he and Sarah Palin would run on the same ticket!

He also made some great points. Progressives and Libertarians believe in some of the same things. Ending the war, blowing up the Federal Reserve, ending corporate reign over Washington, defending civil liberties, etc.

What's funny is that this is supposed to be the far right/left of the political spectrum today...yet they agree on more than moderates.

Newt Gingrich is on....BARF. Neo-con POS.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ron Paul is basically owning this program right now, never heard a network giving him this much talk time without interruption

The body was silencing that bi-atch that was trying to interject

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Yeah they were giving him tons of time....Ventura let him take over the show...although he wasn't even in the last segment. (Maybe he had to drop a deuce. LOL as he's back now)

I'm pretty sure I know what Ron Paul's answer to the HCR would have been. It was a handout to the health insurance industry and big pharma. There was a reason for the bounce in stocks.

Btw...Ventura must be getting old...he seems to have the shakes or something going on.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Btw...Ventura must be getting old...he seems to have the shakes or something going on.

he may be developing Parkinsons
he was subjected to many rough ones
while performing as a pro wrestler

kinda like Muhammad Ali

I cant get TV here
can somebody post it to utube

[edit on 9-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
He also made some great points. Progressives and Libertarians believe in some of the same things. Ending the war, blowing up the Federal Reserve, ending corporate reign over Washington, defending civil liberties, etc.

What's funny is that this is supposed to be the far right/left of the political spectrum today...yet they agree on more than moderates.

Agreed. This was the only part that was particularly interesting and differentiated this show form all the rest of the crap.

Particularly here on ATS where people on one thread pretend to lament the perpetual left vs right, then go and propagate it on another thread (me, too), it was interesting to hear how if people even knew their own political philosophy, they'd likely be shocked by who they can agree with without the obfuscation of their celebrity leadership.

Did I miss Willie? Where was he?

And yeah, the Body's got a shake. Man, I hope he hasn't got Parkinson's (or anything else for that matter).

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrianit was interesting to hear how if people even knew their own political philosophy, they'd likely be shocked by who they can agree with without the obfuscation of their celebrity leadership.

This is true. There are many people that affiliate themselves with one party or the other based on perception or a family history of leaning one way or the other. Some people just vote for a letter next to a name without having a clue what that person's ideals are.

My wife is one of those. A diehard democrat since she was a girl in high school who idolized Bobby Kennedy. The last couple of years her eyes have opened and she's realized that the party she's always voted for has changed over the years and she plans to vote republican for congress in our district this fall. Not a far right republican but for her, that's a major leap. She would never buy into libertarianism because she doesn't agree with some of it's tenets but she's willing to get back to where she pays more attention to politics in general.

People change over the years as well. I was a pretty liberal minded(Social liberal, fiscal conservative) person when I was younger but I would never go so far as some of the progressives in office today. I also wouldn't go so far as to agree with all the principles that libertarians believe in but I lean more in their direction. Libertarians aren't liberal or conservative, they're kind of off to the side. They embrace aspects of both liberal and conservative philosophy(As defined in recent times) and if given a chance, would make an excellent choice as a third party. Alas, the country has devolved to the point where we have a sports mentality, where it's Yankees-Red Sox, Packers-Bears, Cowboys-Eagles, Celtics-Sixers, USC-ND, tOSU-UM. We won, you lost. It shouldn't be about "sides". Our population is too diverse to have two choices.

The problem with our two party system today is, you have democrats that are considered to be liberal and republicans that are considered to be conservative but it's not that cut and dried. There are plenty on both sides that lean towards the middle, plenty that lean far to one side or another and the key to electing someone that you can relate to is knowing where they stand on various issues and voting for the person that best represents your belief set. You shouldn't vote for someone that has the best chance to win, the person who is the "hip" choice at the time, or the person that has one letter or another next to their name. You should vote your conscience.

Even then you won't always get what you voted for but at least you gave it thought. You're can't account for another person's character but if you don't get what you voted for, then adjust your vote accordingly when you have the opportunity. It's not a perfect system but it works better when people just pay attention.

new topics

top topics

join