It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor sends in troops after alien April Fool panic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I searched ats for this but could not find so......(wasnt sure where to post this please move if necessary, thank you)
telegraph.co.uk:

The Al Ghad newspaper published a front-page article claiming a UFO landing near the desert town of Jafr. The report said the aliens lit up the whole town, interrupted communications and sent fearful residents streaming into the streets.
It looks like they really took this seriously.

"Students didn't go to school, their parents were frightened and I almost evacuated the town's 13,000 residents," he said. "People were scared that aliens would attack them."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
not sure but i think
this has already been posted

dont have time to search though

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

All im finding is one post with no link and no replies I can add this to that tho . Im still looking for more info on this and hopfully the newspaper cover)

[edit on 9-4-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
hahah. I find it awesome that they reacted as though aliens were in fact a credible threat.

lolz

the world is changing

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

That's crazy...they all just freaked out...that's not good, this is like a small scale test as to how the world would react to Alien visitation...we'd instantly become struck with fear, activating the flight or fight instinct, a lot of us would run around like a chicken with no head, and a lot of us would get our guns ready...the rest of us would watch in horror as all hell broke loose...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Did it ever occur to anyone that the whole story may have been an April fools joke?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
As i had said in the other two threads posted before,

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the whole story about the "towns" reaction is "The mayor said". From what I've read it sound like he's the only one who panicked. There is no other report or testimony from anyone other than him there. I somehow highly doubt, on april 1st of all days, that the whole damn town freaked out and no one considered it an april fools prank. If I had to be all conspiratorial about it, I'd call this an attempt by sensationalist media controlled by lord knows who to attempt to reinforce the Brooking's Report mentality they've been pitching as an excuse for no disclosure for like 40 years now.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
old news mate been posted loads of time cheers any way

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
What if it was a set up by black ops to see if the people would freak out or net? I guess they got their answer & the mayor was not considered to be someone who had a need to know.

top topics

join