It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank con exposed on MSNBC!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Fed creates new money out of thin air.

"Loans" it to the big banks at low interest. (Don't forget that the money they got from the Fed cost the Fed practically nothing to create)

They loan it to the people at higher interest. (And create new money also the same way the Fed does it)

We borrow all this fake money, at interest.

We can't pay it all back. Because the creators of money didn't create any of the interest we owe them.

Property is foreclosed on.

We lose.

They take possession of real wealth. Land. Property. Corporations. And Government.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Thank you for reply...I am at someplace else today and the connection is extremely slow so unable to watch the video. The curiosity was killing me seeing so many responses in the thread but was unable to figure out what all of it was about.

reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Thanx mate but due to slow connection today cant watch any video at all. Appreciate the help.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Just watched the video. I am amazed by the openness of Ratigan, the Congressman, & that Fleckenstein guy. Either this is part of a bigger scheme and yet another conspiracy, or these guys have balls the size of Jupiter.

Floridans, you know who to reelect.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Can someone answer me this question where do the feds get the money to lend to the banks ??

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ukplus

They print the money. They create money out of nowhere.

Edit:

Wikipedia
A Federal Reserve Note is a type of banknote. Federal Reserve Notes are printed by the United States Bureau of Engraving and Printing on paper made by Crane & Co. of Dalton, Massachusetts. They are the only type of U.S. banknote that is still produced today and they should not be confused with Federal Reserve Bank Notes.
Federal Reserve Notes "are authorized" by Section 411 of Title 12 of the United States Code. They are issued to the Federal Reserve Banks "at the discretion of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System". The notes are then issued into circulation by the Federal Reserve Banks. When the notes are issued into circulation they become liabilities of the Federal Reserve Banks and "obligations of the United States".
Federal Reserve Notes are fiat currency, with the words "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" printed on each note. (See generally 31 U.S.C. § 5103.) They have replaced United States Notes, which were once issued by the Treasury Department.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by OrphenFire]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So money really does grow on trees

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
At least in the thirties when corrupt banking and business practices destroyed the world economy under very similar experiences, the people were smart enough to put the blame were it belongs, on the banks.

The people here who want to blame government unfortunately are not that smart.

Let's point out something else that everyone ignores. The rich and powerful do not always win, in fact they are on a decline when it comes to world domination for the last several thousand years. Sure, a little over ten years ago, we were better off than we are now, but there is little reason to believe that we can not turn things around again.

The average person has been succeeding in gaining more and more liberty throughout history, and there is no reason to believe this can not continue.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I dont know if someone has pointed this out already, I wanted to ask who has had the Majority in the congress for the past few years.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ukplus

Can someone answer me this question where do the feds get the money to lend to the banks ??

Would you like the bigger picture?

(1 of 5)

(1of 8)

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This totally ignored the involvement of Barney Franks and others on both sides in Congress. They created the environment that made this possible and then ignored the opportunity to stop it when warned.

Remember that banks were not only encouraged to make the bad loans, but in fact legislation forced them to do so.

I'm surprised this is of so much interest to the informed on ATS? If is a step in the right direction though.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thanks for sending me the vids pause4thought

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Great Thread...very informative videos.

I think one thing it shows is the moral character of Andrew Jackson. I always tell my friends he's the REAL American Hero. I used to live in Jonesborough, TN and supposedly he shot some people in the streets that were after him (or they dueled not sure). One tough SOB...and a great man.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Exactly!

This trend of "letting the public know" after the fact, is a really clever tactic by the elite. They know by informing or announcing to us 'after the fact', it is already too late to prevent that particular event from occurring. E.g. The Iraq "war", The Bailout -- thousands have already died, billions of dollars already lost. Its already done!

The gull of such men. Ha! Like putting this on MSNBC is going to prevent a past event from occurring. What a joke.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

No i actually watch MSNBC, Fox News, CNN, BBC america and RU today.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If it costs Ford Motor Company $7,000 to manufacture a car, and then Ford Motor sells the car for $15,000 at a Ford dealership, did Ford magically create $8,000 out of thin air?

I didn't think so.

Instead, Ford created a profit of $8,000 for its shareholders.

Banking is no different. It's a for-profit enterprise. The profit is the spread between the interest charged, and the cost of funds. Simple as that.

Example: My Home Equity Line of Credit holds an interest rate of 5%. I give a loan to a friend at 15% using funds from my Home Equity Line of Credit. The difference is 10% - That's my profit.

That's not "creating money out of thin air". It's called profits. Every profitable business understands this.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Yes, banks are supposed to make profits. But the problem is that the money is loaned to them at interest so every dollar loaned has debt associated with it... Banks make money off of loaning money to their customers, the money that the loan is suppose to be money that is in their bank already.... They also make money off of deposited money that they invest.. The problem with the system is that they loan money to people based on money made out of thin air. They have a certain percentage of money they can loan on the money they actually have in their bank, and that’s the problem, they are loaning money they don’t even have same with the Federal Reserve. The banks have a certain level of reasonability that they are not adhering to. There is a pro to this whole bubble they are creating which is huge growth in our country, but it can only last so long when the system has been abused so heavily. The banking industry is more extended in credit then anyone really knows. That’s why the banks should have been left to fail, they extended to much credit to people who couldn't pay, that’s bad business practices. Just like the auto industry. Do you think the average person who makes bad decisions gets bailed out, hell no we have to live with our bad decisions while the top financial elite get bailed out.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well, there is a huge difference between a Wall Street investment bank, and a traditional brick and mortar retail bank.

Bailouts in the form of TARP have been repaid by most of the banks that were forced to take them.

Your local bank has deposits - yes. Access to Fed funds - yes. But it also have capital reserves from profits it has earned over time. This is capital owned by the bank itself. Any cursory review of a bank's balance sheet will show the bank's assets and liabilities.

This is basic accounting, folks. Don't buy all the hare-brained "money out of nothing" baloney. It's pure malarkey.

If a bank were to loan you $100,000 cash to buy a real estate property, and you agree to pay the bank at 6% fixed interest over the course of 30 years, your monthly payment is $600 per month.

Over 30 years, the bank will collect $600 x 360 months or $216,000. That is $116,000 in profit for the bank - assuming the loan lasts the full 30 years and isn't paid off earlier.

You can't tell me that the bank doesn't have profits and capital. It does. This is just one simple example. Again, take a look at the balance sheet of any bank large or small. This is publicly available information, and basic accounting. Banks do have assets, folks.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
And what kind of assets does a bank have?

Current Assets:
Liquid Assets - Cash, for one. Yes, the bank as a corporation has its own cash. Just look at any balance sheet under the term "Cash and Equivalents".
Short-Term Investments - Securities bought and held for sale in the near future.
Money Owed - Receivable, for instance. Interest owed on loans as evidenced by signed and notarized loan contracts. Some of this interest is due and payable in the short-term, and some is due and payable months and years from now.

Long-Term Investments:
Securities such as long-term bonds, stocks, etc.

Fixed Assets:
Real Estate, Furniture, Equipment, Computers, etc.

Intangible Assets:
Trademarks, patents, copyrights, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

sure the smaller banks have repaid the money that they were forced to take. I know for a fact that wells fargo paid theres back as I knew a few people that worked for that bank.

So basically what you are saying is that every bank out there can back every dollar they have loaned with money that they have on hand, I call B.S. There isn't enough money printed and there certainly isnt enough gold in circulation.... our system is based on a mound of debt which you could call money out of thin air so don't sit there and tell me there isnt a huge amount of fluff in the system.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Banks do have assets, folks.

Yep. But they leverage a huge amount of loans out of their actual assets, do they not. Last I heard it was 80x their assets.

As many have said, it's a ponzi scheme. Gotta keep increasing indebtedness otherwise the pack of cards comes tumbling down. Now (not surprisingly) the system's broke. If it weren't for the 'quantitive easing' we'd have been in a deflationary spiral for quite some time. As it is, the hidden inflation (or devaluation of the currency) caused by printing all that money has kept the wool over the eyes of the masses.

There is no end to the madness. Financial prudence went out the window a long time ago. It's all about banking/financial institution profits. Bernanke recently came right out and said the banks shouldn't even have to keep a small percentage of their deposits in reserve!-

Bernanke wants to eliminate reserve requirements completely

Think about it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join