It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramsey Clark chosen to head commission to investigate Bush crimes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Ramsey Clark chosen to head commission to investigate Bush crimes

www.veteranstoday.com

April 9, 2010 • 11 Comments
Former United States Attorney General and U.S. Marine Ramsey Clark IndictBushNow.org reports that on April 3, at a meeting of over 150 lawyers, legal scholars and human rights campaigners, Ramsey Clark, founder of Indict Bush Now, was chosen to be the chairperson of an international campaign to investigate war crimes committed by officials from the Bush administration. Representatives at the meeting held in Beirut, Lebanon, came from all over the world. The campaign will investigate the lies, deceit and manipulation leading up to the Iraq war; the conduct of the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
You do not know how delighted I am to read this.
I knew that one day if enough pressure and enough people continued to demand some real answers that someone would listen.

911 was not a perfect crime as the Bush adminastration thought it was, there were to many flaws in their plan.
I hope now we will get some real accountablity of the true culprits who help carried out 911 and murdered our American citizens.

What are your thoughts about this artical.

www.veteranstoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-4-2010 by impressme]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Ramsey Clark emphasized that it is the imperative responsibility of the American people to relentlessly pursue this investigation, and to seek prosecution and indictment inside of the United States.
The culture of criminal conduct started at the top in the White House itself and seeped far down the chain of command. The White House is responsible for these crimes—from the hideous torture scenes at Abu Ghraib prison to the shockingly grotesque, cold-blooded murder of innocent civilians by U.S. helicopter pilots in Baghdad in 2007, as shown in a video released this week.
The chilling video came to light because two of the killed Iraqis happened to be Reuters journalists, and because of the heroic effort of a whistleblower inside the Pentagon who leaked the video posted by WikiLeaks. The Pentagon undoubtedly has hundreds or thousands of similar videos that are kept under lock and key.

www.veteranstoday.com...

These guys are going to look into everything I am so glad I hope to see some accountability including the senseless murders of these journalists. I find it appalling that our soldiers broke their protocol of engagement, then laugh about what they did.
Perhaps, when they find themselves in prison they won’t be laughing.
Then, perhaps our military will think twice before getting hair-trigger happy.
When we have no accountability in our military or government then we don’t have a military or government.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
AMEN AND AMEN
an answer to prayers for me

now it does absolutely no good without
repealing Bush's self written pardon.

S&F

thanks for the post

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

From reading the article does this mean the Obama administration will also be put on trial for any civilians killed starting from Jan 20th 2009 forward?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Are they also going to investigate members of Congress and members of Obama's administration?

Last time I checked Gitmo is still operating, we're in Afghanistan and we're not out of Iraq. And Obama approved sending in 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan not too long ago. Where is the outrage on their part for that?

Unless they plan on looking at everyone then all they are doing is a witch hunt - looking for a scapegoat.

I say again - PROVE that Bush actually altered CIA intelligence data to make it look like Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. PROVE IT and I'll change my mind about the man. But right now all these people are going on is too much hatred and too little brains.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I like Ramsey Clark
look at here, he also called for nato to be kicked out of services

Similarly, after the 1999 NATO bombing of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Ramsey charged and "tried" NATO on 19 counts and issued calls for its dissolution

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
From reading the article does this mean the Obama administration will also be put on trial for any civilians killed starting from Jan 20th 2009 forward?

very good question
however I think it necessary to start the
investigation of this magnitude very small
and work outward. If the evidence leads
the investigator in that direction then I
assume that Obama's administration
will be investigated. But be forewarned,
you may hear the same "National Security"
excuse from Obama that you heard from Bush.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ramsey Clark has been out of office for Forty Years. There have been fifteen people in the office since he held it for two years under LBJ. If Clark still uses it as his main resume entry perhaps he should consider highlighting some of his more recent newsworthy items.
His trip in 1972 with Hanoi Jane to embarrass our American pilots when he was fresh out of office would be a good start.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whatwasthat

Ramsey Clark has been out of office for Forty Years. There have been fifteen people in the office since he held it for two years under LBJ. If Clark still uses it as his main resume entry perhaps he should consider highlighting some of his more recent newsworthy items.
His trip in 1972 with Hanoi Jane to embarrass our American pilots when he was fresh out of office would be a good start.

I am sorry you feel that way, but it will not stop a new investigation into 911 and the Bush & Cheney war crimes. They are going down.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Your issue may have traction, a sure sign that it does is when the cause is taken up by lawyers with more substantial achievements

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Your issue may have traction, a sure sign that it does is when the cause is taken up by lawyers with more substantial achievements

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ramsey Clark is old enough to know how it should work and should know how to investigate what needs to be investigated because he comes from an age when investigations were real and conducted with purpose to discover the truth of matters. It was at least a time when the politicization of investigating crimes was not yet the norm that it is today.

If he is indeed an independent investigator, we will know whether his efforts are going to be useful or not based on when he needs to get information and records and videos from the federal government. As soon as he requests something meaningful is when we will know if the federal government is going to cooperate or obfuscate. You know, I seldom get to use that word obfuscate. I guess this is my lucky day.

Anyway, that is when we will know if his investigation is going anywhere or whether the same old tired obstruction of justice efforts will be replaced with delays, lies, and statements that no such records of files exist because of National Security.

If and when we begin seeing criminal politicians or military officers being arrested for crimes will be a sign of how its going. Something tells me that right now, its too soon to tell. Lets hope that we get the real deal and not more deceit and deception mixed with lies so stupid that only an imbecile could have thought of it.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Not Yes , but HELL YES !

I had to look twice to make sure this wasn't posted in the HOAX forum .

Good job , impressme . Can't wait to see where this goes .

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

This is unprecedented!
I'm curious though...as to why they're doing it after the Bush administration is finished and had not done any investigating during the administrations active term...
And...
If any actual crimes do come to light (of which I'm sure there will be some) what they intend to do about it...
And...
If anyone involved in this commission is planning on investigating the current administration.

All in all...pretty amazing though.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Not to burst your bubbles but....... It has no legal authority or bearing and it's being held in that stablest of places..

Representatives at the meeting held in Beirut, Lebanon, came from all over the world.

Plus the very end of the post is a plea to donate to their cause.

Please feel free to donate to a cause that is going nowhere..

Good luck with this one.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Maybe the 'Diplomatic Immunity' card can't be played now ? I don't know .

But , you have to consider that to put together enough 'meat' for an investigation of this magnitude , it would take awhile ...

I'm gonna drink me a couple of cold-ones and toast impressme for this one .

My day has been made !

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
You do not know how delighted I am to read this.

Probably about as delighted as I am to read it. Thanks for posting!

Originally posted by sos37
Are they also going to investigate members of Congress and members of Obama's administration?

Aw...

Look Obama wasn't part of the lies deceit and manipulation leading up to the Iraq war. He is, however responsible for keeping us there. If this investigation turns up what we strongly suspect to be the truth, that Bush started this war under false pretenses and lied to produce support for it, then Obama will be obligated to withdraw. He won't be guilty of anything as regards this war. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This now galvanized international movement will also conduct independent inquiries in several countries to review the conduct of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Rove, Yoo and other Bush-era officials.

That's music to these ears!

I say again - PROVE that Bush actually altered CIA intelligence data to make it look like Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. PROVE IT and I'll change my mind about the man.

That's the idea behind the investigation.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

"Please feel free to donate to a cause that is going nowhere.. "

Step back non-believer .

Good luck to you too sir , with your head there in the sand .

We will let you know when it is safe to come out again .

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Last time I checked Gitmo is still operating, we're in Afghanistan and we're not out of Iraq. And Obama approved sending in 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan not too long ago. Where is the outrage on their part for that?

Unless they plan on looking at everyone then all they are doing is a witch hunt - looking for a scapegoat.

I say again - PROVE that Bush actually altered CIA intelligence data to make it look like Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. PROVE IT and I'll change my mind about the man. But right now all these people are going on is too much hatred and too little brains.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by sos37]

Key point. Is Bush bright enough?

Probably not, but follow the careers of Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz and Perle (please forgive any erroneous spelling). They reek mof crimes against humanity and worse...crimes against the American people.

If convicted, however, please do not execute them!! Put them in with the general prison population where they can meet like-minded friends.

And yes! If Obama is guilty of any similar crimes to these monsters, yes, put him on trial. Enough of the US Administration running roughshod over us peons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join